Sunday (3/29).Coffee ☕☕☕

RS

Re: Sunday (3/29).Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@RS

The restaurant wanted to confirm my takeout order by email before giving me my meal and I got no email from them.

But the previous restaurant we frequented had the cutest picture of Hawkins in the lobby!
Well sister...lemme see if I can reorder that for you!

And hahaaaaa.....that was an OOPSIE! I moved those to the other lobby!
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
I wish I could go to this restaurant and do pickup in my town. I have facebook, but not sure how to order on there. Oh well, turkey sandwiches again for me today! FUTE Take care all. -Love, Rolltide
that restaurant does have fb
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
I wish I could go to this restaurant and do pickup in my town. I have facebook, but not sure how to order on there. Oh well, turkey sandwiches again for me today! Take care all. -Love, Rolltide
Miss ya Rolltide, with the delays and
censoring it's not easy to gab away,
Just making sure that you know I am
thinking of you and a whole lot of
others on the Tribe. Love and Prayers,
honey
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Wow guess the restaurant closed. :shock:
@Rolltid@Rolltide

The cafe FUTE is open for take out
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Honey, Blossom and Gypsy are spot on at the beginning of this threadand has so much meaning to me and hopefully our friends .

It's been a day of rest for me and more rest for the night. I will try to revive tomorrow. I wish our family here will take the opportunity to read this thread to realize how our words matter - and I hope that we can move forward and enjoy this special place again.

SLC has given us a place to enjoy each others company while watching programing from page one of having a nice family here with SLC.
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@honey

Who can forget Ms Tomlin in that role? If she is calling me she better do more than two ringy dingys as I don't ever carry my cell phone on me and by the time I hobble to my purse the caller is often gone.

Tell Catt "Hi" for me. Is she not posting here anymore? I went to our favorite restaurant but couldn't get in. Not even take out for me. What a shame as I had some pressing news for her. I'll have a word or two with them about that.
Hey there!

@JewelryQueen

JQ, I just have to bring up that lamp you sent my mother. The one from Shop LC. It's puuuurrrrrrrfect!
🐱

My mom loves it. It has the perfect settings of brightness. There are three and the dim one still gives off enough light for her to make it safely to the bathroom. The second setting makes a great light for when you want a light on but don't want it too bright. The third is the brightest and it really lights up the room! What we love too is that you can look at it without it blinding you! And it's so simple...just tap it! Voila! 🌞

I'm not finished with my correspondence. My carpal tunnel really gets to me. Eeeeek! HOWEVER...on the 4th (which I think is this Saturday?) surprises are headed your way and are supposed to land on Saturday, the 4th.

Just wanted to show you my appreciation for you and the wonderful lotions and lamp!

By the way, when my Pssssster was here the last time, she said "Are those lotions from your friend on the SLC forum?" I said yes. She said "Oh my gosh tell her they are WONDERFUL! I love them all but the ROSE is definitely my favorite! They remind me of lotions from the past, when products were better without all the added ingredients, or removed ones because of OSHA! Please tell her they're heavenly!"
🌺💕🌹💕🌺

I can't believe it's April! Tomorrow is my father's birthday! Who knew that his birthday this year would be spent in quarantine?!? You really never know just what's around the corner! Gosh, no wonder my sis and I are always terrified of what the future could hold! Ha! We never thought of THIS though!
🤢

Have you seen the pangolins that might be a source of this virus? They're so weird looking. Scales like a snake, and a body like an anteater. Which they are. And that odd snout! I have always thought the anteaters here were so strange looking. I have never seen one with scales. The armadillo has always freaked me out, too. This virus is all the more disgusting to me because of its source. Bat, snake, or pangolin. "Bleah! Yuck! Pooey!" as Carol Burnett often says.
😬

Well we have plenty here to make him a cake. Our stores though are pretty much empty here! A nephew and sister in law went shopping for us recently. She's not off work and neither is nephew. Crime doesn't stop for a virus, so their jobs don't stop, either...they in fact get busier.
😳

I hope you and Sissy are well! Are you a night owl like me? My hours go back and forth. They are what I call "off" right now with me up all night. Then I crash for a bit then who knows! It changes! But I'm mostly up late late. Which is then early early morning I guess? The "wee" hours? What's your usual bedtime? 💍
📺

You and yours take care, okay? I love and miss you! I'll get cracking on finishing that letter! How long have we all been quarantined, anyway? My sis and I won't allow our parents out. We keep saying "YOU'RE ON LOCKDOWN"! It's like they're on "RESTRICTION"! Oh I well remember that from my childhood!
😆🔒😆

Remember thinking "I bet they forgot...I'll head out the door to so and so's house...they won't remember..." "Where do you think you're going?!? You're on restriction!"

Sigh. We'd TRY, anyway! Ha! Ha! Keep trying, Sister! Keep trying! You'll make it! You have before!
🤣 😂 🤣

Everyone STAY SAFE! We'll beat this evil virus!
🥊💥🦠💥🥊
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Catticus

Long time no hear dear friend. Cannot express how cheered I am by your post!

You are right about me being a night owl. With the current situation I tend to go to bed about 3 AM and get up around 8 to 9 AM our time. It is more "normal" for the eerie silence and lack of traffic, both motorized and on foot, to be happening at night. In the daytime it is creepy. We have been on TOTAL lockdown in WA for almost two weeks now and it seems like two months. Yesterday they started a hotline to report businesses not complying with the mandated shutdown and had over three thousand phone calls in the first five minutes.

My birthday is the 11th and usually Sissy would be taking me to the local "mall" here to buy me some clothes since I don't spend much on that. This time last year I had one pair of pants to my name and she freaked out. "What happens if the zipper gives up the ghost?" she says "You better dig out some tunic tops and hope for the best!" and promptly took me shopping. This year I think she is ordering me an electric can opener. That would be a peace offering since she smashed my finger with the car door window. I have come to the conclusion it is not broken, but Sis seems to think it interferes with opening cans. Actually it is typing for this forum that is the painful chore.

I am so happy the lamp worked out and that your mom liked it! I was pretty broke at the time and could not afford the shipping so Danielle actually had SLC pay for the shipping. Their warehouse goofed it up (surprise-surprise) and shipped it to me instead of you so it didn't really help. When I'm little more flush I'll send the other one I got for her.

So how is the lotion supply holding out? I just made a huge batch yesterday of the lemon for our senior center since that is appropriate for men as well. Bottom line-- I'm out of supplies at this very moment but when I get some more I could make a rose one for your sister. Still won't have my cute labels as I have no way to print them.

Tell Pops "A GREAT BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" for me will ya?
2 x