Blue boxes

honey

Re: Blue boxes

Post by honey » 4 years ago

By gone days when the air conditioner was 'crank down
the windows!' Okay- I love the air conditioner. :)
I got a new car a couple weeks ago and it has more bells
and whistles and gingerbread than I'd ever use. I like
something that'll get me from point A to point B. I have
yet to take a good look at the manual and while driving
I just learn as I go. I don't even need to know what all
it does. I'm driving on 'as need to know basis!' :lol:

The classics sure do evoke the good times.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago

I know 🥰🥰🥰🥰
When I first got my most recent car I was on long road trip and it surprised the bejeezus out of me when it asked of I was tired and if I needed a cup of coffee ????? 🤯🤯🤯🤯
4 x

honey

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago

I know 🥰🥰🥰🥰
When I first got my most recent car I was on long road trip and it surprised the bejeezus out of me when it asked of I was tired and if I needed a cup of coffee ????? 🤯🤯🤯🤯
@Gypsy ......were you tired? need coffee? did
you have to think that over? :lol: besides having the bejeezus scared
outta ya, with that question, I'd like mine to tell me tonight's lottery
jackpot number!!!!
3 x

Gypsy

honey wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago

I know 🥰🥰🥰🥰
@Gypsy ......were you tired? need coffee? did
you have to think that over? :lol: besides having the bejeezus scared
outta ya, with that question, I'd like mine to tell me tonight's lottery
jackpot number!!!!
After I figured out that car was not possessed what the dang bells ringing were......YES ❗ I did want a cup of coffee ☕ I could use some good numbers too ❣💲💲💲
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago

Ah yes. 4 / 80 air.... Roll all 4 windows down and stop on the accelerator till you hit 80 mpg. Air conditioning you can count on. Unless your in a dessert. Nothing but AM radio. Man, I thought I was rich when dad put an 8 track in my car. Thought the greatest thing in life was being able to go to the drive in theater and run the speakers through my car radio. Adjusting the wing windows so that the air coming in would hit the "exact" spot on your face to help keep you a wee bit cooler. Cars that did not have power steering or power brakes. Arms hurting after a good long drive. Calves cramping from pushing in and holding those brakes. Praying you didn't roll backwards if you were stopped at a red light and you were on a hill. Hearing that pathetic grind if you didn't hit gears properly. Having to pull over to dig a map out of the glove compartment. Oh, but if you had somebody riding shotgun..... they could read the map while you drove...... if they knew how to read a map. I got lost a few times cuz my my reader didn't know North from South, East From West. I haven't changed much. My other " babies " are my 1994 Buick Road master and my 2000 Mustang GT. I like my old vehicles. Wouldn't want a new one except for maybe a beautiful hot lavender Audi that I have been dreaming about owning.
5 x

honey

@Angelflutter
I defy you to find a new car or truck
with wing windows! If any, few and far between!

Keep on dreamin' in color, hot lavender, someday!
3 x

Gypsy

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago

Ah yes. 4 / 80 air.... Roll all 4 windows down and stop on the accelerator till you hit 80 mpg. Air conditioning you can count on. Unless your in a dessert. Nothing but AM radio. Man, I thought I was rich when dad put an 8 track in my car. Thought the greatest thing in life was being able to go to the drive in theater and run the speakers through my car radio. Adjusting the wing windows so that the air coming in would hit the "exact" spot on your face to help keep you a wee bit cooler. Cars that did not have power steering or power brakes. Arms hurting after a good long drive. Calves cramping from pushing in and holding those brakes. Praying you didn't roll backwards if you were stopped at a red light and you were on a hill. Hearing that pathetic grind if you didn't hit gears properly. Having to pull over to dig a map out of the glove compartment. Oh, but if you had somebody riding shotgun..... they could read the map while you drove...... if they knew how to read a map. I got lost a few times cuz my my reader didn't know North from South, East From West. I haven't changed much. My other " babies " are my 1994 Buick Road master and my 2000 Mustang GT. I like my old vehicles. Wouldn't want a new one except for maybe a beautiful hot lavender Audi that I have been dreaming about owning.
Oh the

MEMORIES..........😊😊😊😊
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago

Oooh LaLa. Nice Ride!!!! Enjoy !! It's a beautiful thing when something in "your color" is your vehicle. When I got my motorcycle, I had it painted to a metal flake purlpe-blue. Never even thought about it beng a Tanzanite color. It's more of a blueish color in sunlight with a purple undertone. In the shade, it's more of a purple color with blue undertones. I had special paint made for it. $279.00 a quart 10 years ago. Mom doesn't like me riding. Afraid I will have a bad accident. I have always wanted a Harley. Couldn't bear to sell it. Been thinking about making a three wheeler out of it. $6,5OO.00 to do that. I have a 1998 1200cc Sportster. It's a chopper. Long, lean and mean. So um yeh..... I really need to hit on the lottery or pass the hat. RS, you enjoy that new vehicle you lucky girl. You really had a Happy Birthday. :D
Thank you!

My hubby had THE EXACT HARLEY! Same year too! In bright red. He loved that bike. I loved looking at it but not so much being on the back. I used to be his biker babe and we’d take trips on it. Short trips as a Sportster is not a touring bike as you know.
When I had our first child I stopped riding with him.
He would take short jaunts but mostly just polished the daylights out of it. He eventually decided to sell it.
I cried when he did. He misses it and I keep telling him to just go buy one now that the kids are grown.
Maybe he will
He does have his new He-Man truck that needs a ladder so...

I bet your bike is gorgeous! Did you modify the tail pipes? RUMBLE RUMBLE!

I love my car. She’s a prettyyyyy girl. And does everything but make me breakfast!
Maybe she does do that too...need to check!
I mean she even has radar! And a heads-up display.

I hope you are having a great Sunday❤️❤️❤️❤️
As a matter of fact, yes I do have modified tailpipes. They don't have a buffer so they are LOUD. But that's what I love about the sound of a Harley. That low throaty lub lub lub......... you are absolutely right. Sportsters are not a touring bike. They are not softails. But, my nice seat does help out. Oh man, as much as I enjoy the ride, I can count on aching and paining for a day or two after spending any amount of significant time on her. Her name is Mz. Violet. I will never sale her. I waited too long to get her. I could have gotten a touring bike. Looked at a Road King and a Fatboy. But Sportster is more my style. My hubs doesn't ride...... so I knew I'd probably never do much in the way of road triipping. I enjoy the compliments I get on mine with all of her modifications and such. I do poker runs and just trips around town or ride out to the country where I have some friends that ride. I had been thinking about joining patriot riders, but with everything going on in my family doesn't look like that is in my future. I am thinking about doing a trike kit on her. $6,500.00. Being that I just went into forced retirement doesn't see like triking her is going to happen either. I'm sorry this is so long. But I could talk about my girl forever. :lol:
Oh you talk away...she sounds like a pretty girl! I wish Hubby hadn’t sold his Sporty. We looked at Road Kings and Fatboys too. I liked the Fatboy! Nice low-slung seat. Maybe he will get one eventually. Right now he is into a guitar “phase” with 5 ( or is it 6...I’ve lost count) now new guitars.

I don’t usually go through phases like that, but he does. Fly fishing equipment and boats. Guns and reloading equipment. Now guitars.
I’ve been more into the jewelry lately but that may end up phasing out or slowing down with time.
I’ve always been into handbags and kitchen stuff though!
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

I lovd the 65 Mustang ❣❣
First car I bought with my own money was a 56 Chevy for $200.00
Was so proud of that car
My first car was a Ford Falcon convertible. Turquoise and ivory with turquoise vinyl interior. I'm thinking it was a 68.
The by-gone days when cars were built to last ❣
I love the classics 🤗🥰
YESSSSSSS! And heavy doors, real full metal, with chrome everywhere! Love them!

Now cars are made so "cheap" that what would have been a "fender bender" in the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s, is now aften a major catastrophe.

I'm in the wrong era. 🙄
2 x

Tiarose

Post by Tiarose » 4 years ago

I have not seen this yet and don’t think I would like it. So maybe time to not order anything anymore. I keep All of my jewelry in boxes. Especially since these things cost 3.00 in shipping I expect a box. Even more important things that they say are worth over 500.00 I expect a box.
3 x