4 years ago
Cliff notes!
ITA!
((sigh)) is this same as PITA. ❓❓
@Gypsy
Do you remember that line from the old
program - Laugh In.....
You lost me at the bakery. :lol:
I Remember Laugh-In. But not that particular phrase but I'm sure it applies to me 🤪
5 x

jojosmom

Re: Personal Posts and Shop LC forum

Post by jojosmom » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Sooo sorry Ginger 😰
I lost my mom too a while ago, but at least I had a few hour warning and was able to hug her goodbye. A sudden loss is so tough. I am sorry. Words just dont do it. I know. I miss her soo much.
It helps me looking at old albums. I can even smile remembering. I believe our MOMS, NEVER LEAVE FOR GOOD. I feel her with me every day.
May God hold your hand while you struggle to get thru this SAD time 🙏🏻
I am sorry for yours and Ginger and everyone else that has lost a parent, brother, friend or loved one. I lost my dad 2 years ago. As for my mom (who was also my best friend) she collapsed while we were getting ready to go shopping and I had to take her off life support a year ago today. The heart still aches terribly and I still have not recovered from the sucker punch to the gut.
They are both gone and I still feel like my foundation has been set "adrift". I usually do not comment on my personal stuff on the forum but after seeing other posts about their heartache, it makes realize that I am not alone in this world with the hurting that I feel.
I picked a certain star in the night sky for my mom. I talk to the star (her) often. That may sound lame but it makes me feel close to her and my God who put that star there for me to talk to.
I wish nothing but hope, love and fond memories to all of YOU.
12 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Sooo sorry Ginger 😰
I lost my mom too a while ago, but at least I had a few hour warning and was able to hug her goodbye. A sudden loss is so tough. I am sorry. Words just dont do it. I know. I miss her soo much.
It helps me looking at old albums. I can even smile remembering. I believe our MOMS, NEVER LEAVE FOR GOOD. I feel her with me every day.
I am sorry for yours and Ginger and everyone else that has lost a parent, brother, friend or loved one. I lost my dad 2 years ago. As for my mom (who was also my best friend) she collapsed while we were getting ready to go shopping and I had to take her off life support a year ago today. The heart still aches terribly and I still have not recovered from the sucker punch to the gut.
They are both gone and I still feel like my foundation has been set "adrift". I usually do not comment on my personal stuff on the forum but after seeing other posts about their heartache, it makes realize that I am not alone in this world with the hurting that I feel.
I picked a certain star in the night sky for my mom. I talk to the star (her) often. That may sound lame but it makes me feel close to her and my God who put that star there for me to talk to.
jojosmom, I'm so sorry for the pain & loss of your parents. Yes, it's difficult for anyone to lose people they love. After my parents passed, I felt like an orphan.

I absolutely love the "star" story! Glad you felt like sharing, it helps me more than words can say💞
8 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Sooo sorry Ginger 😰
Im so sorry about your precious mom. I know words wont take away your pain but know that everyone here is going through or has going through something and we all understand how it feels to grieve. We are here for you. Thank you for trusting us enough to share. Im very private as well but have learned that it does help to reach out. Hugs to you. ❤
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Laugh in was before my time.

Cliff Notes are a small booklet that are a synopsis of a book (black and yellow striped) a study guide as it were. A good way to do a book report without ever having read the book.

Used to be available in all bookstores when I was a kid.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Sooo sorry Ginger 😰
Im so sorry about your precious mom. I know words wont take away your pain but know that everyone here is going through or has going through something and we all understand how it feels to grieve. We are here for you. Thank you for trusting us enough to share. Im very private as well but have learned that it does help to reach out. Hugs to you. ❤
@jojosmom
I am so sorry for your loss. And as Gemsnob so eloquently stated we all understand grief and are here for you if you need us. 💕💔
6 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

On Laugh In, a little guy named Artie Johnson could
never follow stories that people were telling him,
he would listen intently and when they were thru
telling the story he'd say "you lost me at the bakery"
even though, the stories never pertained to a bakery.
7 x

Gypsy

honey wrote:
4 years ago
On Laugh In, a little guy named Artie Johnson could
never follow stories that people were telling him,
he would listen intently and when they were thru
telling the story he'd say "you lost me at the bakery"
even though, the stories never pertained to a bakery.
Yep that's me with these acronyms ❗I am usually so Wrong when it comes to figuring them out 😳🤪
So yeah.....I'll be at the bakery😳❗❗❗
5 x

Shop4joy

Post by Shop4joy » 4 years ago

@Gypsy
Sorry, It means, "I totally agree". :)
5 x

Gypsy

Shop4joy wrote: