honey

Re: I Can’t Believe I Just Heard That

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Gemsnob, good reply to Willey1. Though there are many who do
like her, you spoke up for so many of us who just wish that she'd
tone - it - down.
The other hosts are knowledgeable also, they are all guilty of not
telling by omission, about treatments, quality, and worth. We all
watch, hope to get a good look at an item and decide for ourselves.
Don't know where SLC comes up with the start prices either??? :roll:
6 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

I dont understand something. Cheryl has knowledge and shes funny so she gets a pass for how she acts but our comments are taken as "hate" even though all over this forum you can see lots of humor and knowledge. Why do people talk out of both sides of their mouth? Maybe things do bother some people while others can overlook them but telling us to change the channel isnt the answer, obviously, anymore than telling you not to read comments. If you haven't read the Community Guidelines, you should. Insulting one another isnt allowed. Hopefully you feel better now.
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Correct Gemsnob, if something is bothering me to the point where I can’t watch the hosts due to outrageous and lewd behavior, then I will speak up. We should not be subjected to this behavior and tolerate it when they are on air. I believe in having fun whenever possible but there’s a fine line between having fun and being loud, screaming, vulgar and downright ridiculous on air. But being told to change the channel is not right. We should be able to watch and not feel like we’re at a circus being performed by unprofessional people. It’s my opinion and I shouldn’t have to change the channel, they need to act like the professionals they’re being paid to be. If not, then they need to move on to other things.
7 x

Wiley1

Post by Wiley1 » 4 years ago

No hatred???? Replace with Vitriol then! You seem to have plenty to share!!🧐
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Wiley1 wrote:
4 years ago
No hatred???? Replace with Vitriol then! You seem to have plenty to share!!🧐
And thanks for sharing yours. Have a great day!
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Wiley1 wrote:
4 years ago
I honestly can’t understand the nasty remarks about Cheryl! So she’s loud! So are other hosts! But her knowledge of gemstones & sourcing are priceless! And she’s funny! I like her as I’m sure many others do! If you find her that annoying, don’t watch! But some of the rudeness on this forum is totally uncalled for! There’s far more important things in the world to concern yourself with than your hatred of a shopping channel host!!! 🙄
Wait. Didn't you post a video clip on here that Natasha made for her YouTube channel, Titled: "5 Home Shopping Host Surprises"?

We all really miss Natasha, but we understood why she left, especially because her video gave us new insight on working as a host, for Home Shopping Networks.

I do like Cheryl, but there are certain things one doesn't do or say on Live TV.

Would Natasha ever say crude things on air? Would she comment negatively about Shop LC's forum ON THE AIR?

No, because Natasha is very professional.

And you yourself posted about that very thing, saying you missed her, "wondering" where she was.

Then you immediately posted about the video she made. We searched for it, watched it, then we commented on how we missed her, and how the video really showed us what it was like working for Home Shopping Networks.

We also thanked Natasha for her ethics, because she said that the hardest thing for her when hosting, was knowing she was selling badly made and/or broken products.

IMMEDIATELY, Natasha herself came on the forum to say "Hello", and to tell us about her new YouTube Channel, and said we could follow her on Social Media, as well as prescribe to her new channel. Which we were very happy to do!

I don't hate Cheryl. I don't even dislike her. Her "loudness" has never bothered me. I don't see hateful comments, unless I missed them? I see people joking about how loud she is. Yes, there are those who state that they change the channel when she's on.

But what I mostly see are comments by shocked members because of some of the crude things she has said on LIVE TV. She's never done this before, to my knowledge.

So, it was a definite surprise for many of us, including myself, to hear some of the comments she made, as well as certain things she did while ON THE AIR.

I don't want her to lose her job over her behavior of late. I would hate to see that happen. As I said, I have always liked Cheryl.

But if she continues? It's upsetting. It's crude, nasty and highly unprofessional behavior.

Surely as a fan of Natasha, you must realize this?
7 x