Compare Shop LC’s prices to other jewelry channels

Tothemoon

Compare Shop LC’s prices to other jewelry channels

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

While Shop LC is not perfect, as you can see from complaints on the LC Community format, I must give them props for offering items at often great prices. Whenever I see jewelry on another channel that I am interested in I always check the Shop LC website first. About 7 times out of 10 I can find a comparable item at Shop LC for a fraction of the cost. Recently I saw a lapis necklace on another channel for $50 or $60. Wouldn’t you know there was a similar looking necklace on the bid site which I won for $2 plus shipping. Maybe it’s not as good of quality because the one I received is in stainless steel instead of sterling silver, but since it’s something I’ll wear only occasionally I don’t mind at all and appreciate the extra bucks in my wallet. Actually I think I like the look of the Shop LC necklace more!
6 x

SueB

Re: Compare Shop LC’s prices to other jewelry channels

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Oh yes best prices!!! Most of the time at other places you pay way more and get poorer quality!!!! This is why I shop the LC. I’m just hoping they don’t start this show you one thing and that’s not what you get home!
2 x

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer » 4 years ago

I also agree. If you are not a serious gem collector and are just looking for some nice jewelry at affordable prices, then ShopLC is a great place to shop. I have literally hundreds of pieces from SLC and am rarely dissatisfied with my purchases. And alot of my pieces even exceeded my expectations. And shipping costs are the lowest out there which I appreciate cause I feel like paying high shipping is like spending money on nothing. I don't understand how SLC can have such low shipping and the other networks charge double and sometimes triple what SLC does. You would think if one can do it, they all could. I'd much rather pay 2.99 for one ring than 7.99 and up for one ring. And lastly, the One for One program is awesome. Rock on ShopLC! :D
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

They have incredible prices. I have been buying them for years. I noticed that the amethysts earrings that I have is not the same quality that have a ring and a pendant that I bought from them years ago. And some stones not well cut, some of them are windowed, meaning that I can see the letters clearly when I put the gem against a text.
2 x

Pookie14

Post by Pookie14 » 4 years ago

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
Oh yes best prices!!! Most of the time at other places you pay way more and get poorer quality!!!! This is why I shop the LC. I’m just hoping they don’t start this show you one thing and that’s not what you get home!
They have already started showing you one thing and the item you order & received is NOT what you get at home. Make sure to check your items closely ....
6 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Hi, TotheMoon,
I fully agree! And I have to say that I now LOVE Stainless Steel BETTER than Sterling Silver! It's much more durable, it's shiny, it isn't as soft, it doesn't tarnish, AND THE PRICE IS LOWER! :D
Stainless Steel is extremely difficult to work with. I know, because I have tried using it for jewelry with my father's help. He has all the necessary equipment, but twisting and bending Stainless Steel is sooooo time consuming I finally said "FORGETTTTTTTT IT!" :shock: :lol:
I still love Sterling Silver, but now have a new appreciation and love for Stainless Steel! :)
I too have seen others selling similar items at much higher prices, and many did not even have real, non-precious stones. Yet, the price was ridiculously high! Items on SLC that were similar AND with genuine stones, were far less costly! As was the shipping!
I just said to my TV (yes, I talk to it) "Well of all the nerve!" And then switched back to SLC as I said "Bye Bye" to that other channel!
Yes they have some beautiful items, beautiful jewelry can be found in lots of places and at great prices. But I have been extremely happy with the items I have purchased through the years at SLC. And any time I had a rare issue, like an item not being made as shown, they have treated me fairly and kindly.
SLC, I'm addicted to you! I love your ring styles, and so many other jewelry items and that goes for the under $10.00 items as well! I've seen a lot of those go for far more at other places.
Thank you, SLC for your service!
P.S.: When will your Stainless Steel line be coming out, and did you decide on a name for it yet? Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! I'm salivating! :D
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Not anymore. Shoplc prices are soaring. Cheryl just stated that Barouqe pearls are the most expensive and Tahitian pearls are the most desired and most expensive. She knows thats not true. South sea ROUND pearls are the most expensive, with prices varying by luster, size and blemishes. Tenner claimed Mundarara Rubies are not Fracture filled. Yet customer service sent me their education dept info which states they are fracture filled. The company is deteriorating in its honesty, especially in the last few weeks
9 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Not anymore. Shoplc prices are soaring. Cheryl just stated that Barouqe pearls are the most expensive and Tahitian pearls are the most desired and most expensive. She knows thats not true. South sea ROUND pearls are the most expensive, with prices varying by luster, size and blemishes. Tenner claimed Mundarara Rubies are not Fracture filled. Yet customer service sent me their education dept info which states they are fracture filled. The company is deteriorating in its honesty, especially in the last few weeks
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback us. We don't want you to feel that we are being dishonest in regards to pricing. I can confirm the following actions will be taken:

1) Sharing this feedback about concerns with information like the example of the rubies that you gave.
2) Feedback in regards to presentation of pearls.

Also, is there additional feedback you would like to share? Transparency is absolutely important to us.
1 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Hello Pookie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. Transparency is important to us we are concerned. Are you indicating that you received a product that was not like what was aired? If so I would like to get your feedback and of course make things right!

Pookie14 wrote:
4 years ago
SueB wrote:
4 years ago
They have already started showing you one thing and the item you order & received is NOT what you get at home. Make sure to check your items closely ....
2 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback us. We don't want you to feel that we are being dishonest in regards to pricing. I can confirm the following actions will be taken:

1) Sharing this feedback about concerns with information like the example of the rubies that you gave.
2) Feedback in regards to presentation of pearls.

Also, is there additional feedback you would like to share? Transparency is absolutely important to us.
Who is the new President of shopLC?
I've been a customer from the beginning. 12 years. I can easily tell when things change.
Also what is with this new thing saying pieces are unisex when clearly they are not. My husband cringes.
Let the brass know that we can tell things are changing and not for the better. I am disappointed.
6 x