So what’s for Holiday dinner?...

Catticus

Re: So what’s for Holiday dinner?...

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Wouldnt it be fun if we could all meet somewhere this summer? Maybe a weekend of eating and shopping and just hanging out?

Yes, that would be so fun!
😊

As kids, my twin and our best friend who lived across the street (the neighborhood called us "The Three Musketeers") would sometimes get all of our toys together and have a "Swap."

The only rule was that at the end you could swap back if anyone changed their mind on a trade, with no hard feelings.

We'd each set everything out in our own little "store section". All kinds of toys, but mostly Barbie clothing!
😂

We had some beautiful clothes because our oldest sister's best friend gave us her old Barbies and clothing. So we had different "decades" of Barbies and their different styles of clothing.

We had old Ken dolls, Allens, and Francies. And jeans made out of real denim, with real zippers made out of metal. We had Tuxedos, and some really well made, gorgeous "gowns" from that era. "Party Dresses", "Suit Dresses", "Tweeds", Summer Outfits, different decades of "Skipper", etc. And our grandmother sewed so well, she'd sew clothing for our dolls. We still have all of them.

But we thought the most fun part was setting up our "stores"!

"I'll trade you THIS for THAT..." "Hmmmm...okay. But, only if I can have THAT, too."
"Okay, it's a deal!"

It was so fun! We did the same thing with our "loot" from Halloween Trick or Treating! And being the only kids in our neighborhood, we had A LOT of candy to trade!

We could do that with some of our jewelry! Have a "Jewelry Swap"!!!!

😊💎🥳😍📿🤪🤩💍😃💎👛🤗👑🏺
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
@Gemsnob
Can my twin and I come? And can we bring our rescue cats? They'll behave! Uhm...we might not, but they will.
Yes, and the more cats the merrier. Im a crazy cat lady.🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱
SO AM I AND SO IS MY TWIN!!!!!
We need to start a Cat Lady Convention! I'm all in & of course KittyGlitter is an honorary member!
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

That would be awesome Blossom! Id welcome any and all of you into my crazy, disfunctional family! Come on over! ❤
Would that not be the craziest gathering of people! All of us from this forum in one room, talk about some conversations!
Wouldnt it be fun if we could all meet somewhere this summer? Maybe a weekend of eating and shopping and just hanging out?
I know! We could all go to RS's island! No wait, her birds would not appreciate our cats. We'll just have to make 2 separate special occasions!
4 x

Catticus

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Would that not be the craziest gathering of people! All of us from this forum in one room, talk about some conversations!
I know! We could all go to RS's island! No wait, her birds would not appreciate our cats. We'll just have to make 2 separate special occasions!
Unfortunately, my BIG Maine Coon cat would definitely "appreciate" her birds.

He's a hunter! (Shudder!)
😖
4 x

Catticus

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

Yes, and the more cats the merrier. Im a crazy cat lady.🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱
SO AM I AND SO IS MY TWIN!!!!!
We need to start a Cat Lady Convention! I'm all in & of course KittyGlitter is an honorary member!
She'd be thrilled!
🥰
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Cat, you are a twin, how fabulous! My Dad was a twin with a sister named Donna. There was like 16 kids from his parents and they were one of the youngest. Unfortunately I lost my Dad right before Thanksgiving last year. It would be lovely to show what jewelry we’re happy to have to everyone but we cannot share pictures anymore. I don’t understand this. It would be nice to share pictures of our furry babies too, they bring us so much joy and love.
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

As for Christmas dinner, we’re not sure if we will celebrate Christmas the weekend after due to our 2 kids schedule and them going to their in-laws house. But I do all the cooking and cleaning, usually ham, green beans, potato salad, creamed potatoes, deviled eggs, sweet corn, chicken and dressing, coleslaw, cranberry sauce, homemade Mac and cheese. For dessert I usually make a cheesecake, fresh coconut cake, a delicious and easy dessert called chocolate delight and homemade fudge and maybe my coconut or peanut butter balls. I am tired by the end of the day and don’t cook for a few days. I’m getting older and it’s getting harder for me to do some of these things. All of your Christmas dinners sound delicious and I hope you All have a festive time enjoying your dinner. 🎅🏻🎄⛄️
4 x

Catticus

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Cat, you are a twin, how fabulous! My Dad was a twin with a sister named Donna. There was like 16 kids from his parents and they were one of the youngest. Unfortunately I lost my Dad right before Thanksgiving last year. It would be lovely to show what jewelry we’re happy to have to everyone but we cannot share pictures anymore. I don’t understand this. It would be nice to share pictures of our furry babies too, they bring us so much joy and love.
Ginger! 😊

Your father was a twin! I haven't met as many twins that were make/female. I don't know why!

Did his parents do the "Rhyming" or "Same First Letter" Name Thing? (You don't need to tell me his name.) My parents gave us totally different names. They're not even close to being the the same name.

Sixteen kids! Nowadays they'd be on their own "Reality" Show!

I remember in Junior Hgh school, there were nine sets of twins in our class. What are the odds of that?!

Three of the sets were brother and sister. The rest were sisters. No "brother" twins.

Ginger, I am so sorry about your loss! I know it's something my twin and I dread, but at least we've been able to spend so much time with them.
😢

Oh I agree! It would be so fun to show our pets and pics of our jewelry!

It would make SLC look even worse because the craftsmanship and beauty of what they USED to offer, and at affordable prices, is no longer available!

Maybe that's one of the reasons they took away that option!

😆
1 x

Catticus

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
As for Christmas dinner, we’re not sure if we will celebrate Christmas the weekend after due to our 2 kids schedule and them going to their in-laws house. But I do all the cooking and cleaning, usually ham, green beans, potato salad, creamed potatoes, deviled eggs, sweet corn, chicken and dressing, coleslaw, cranberry sauce, homemade Mac and cheese. For dessert I usually make a cheesecake, fresh coconut cake, a delicious and easy dessert called chocolate delight and homemade fudge and maybe my coconut or peanut butter balls. I am tired by the end of the day and don’t cook for a few days. I’m getting older and it’s getting harder for me to do some of these things. All of your Christmas dinners sound delicious and I hope you All have a festive time enjoying your dinner. 🎅🏻🎄⛄️
I love coconut cake! And coconut balls and peanut butter balls! My mother always made her own macaroni and cheese. And I love chicken and dressing.

What time should I be there? I'm going to Gemsnob's too.

🤣
2 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Christmas Eve at my sisters home, Christmas Day is here a my home. I’ll be cooking for 21 ppl. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, honey baked ham, kielbasa and sauerkraut made in a rue, potato, prune, and cheese pierogi, green bean casserole, berry and jello salad, and my husband insists on cabbage and noodles ( which to me is rather redundant since we have the sauerkraut, but we gotta keep the Pappy happy). My family will bring appetizers and desserts. Although I have a whole lot of different Christmas cookies that I made and from a cookie exchange at my office. Gals help clean the dishes and men nod off in easy chairs. We are blessed that my 98 yr old mother is still of sound mind and is still around to celebrate with us. We truly have so much to be thankful for! May all of you have a blessed Christmas.
5 x