So what’s for Holiday dinner?...

Gypsy

Re: So what’s for Holiday dinner?...

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Sounds like so many wonderful family gatherings with lots of good food with tasty desserts 😋😊
Be safe in your travels and I
wish each and every one of you a Blessed and Happy Holdiay with your families & friends. 🎄 Gypsy
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Sounds like so many wonderful family gatherings with lots of good food with tasty desserts 😋😊
Be safe in your travels and I
wish each and every one of you a Blessed and Happy Holdiay with your families & friends. 🎄 Gypsy
Same to you Gypsy! Be safe and be blessed!
4 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

I wish that I could turn the clock back 50 years, just for
Christmas Day. The family gatherings.
Each items that I prepare for this Christmas Dinner is going
to be for my husband and myself. Our hearts will recall the
old days.

Ham studded with cloves, pineapple rings and maraschino
cherries. Yams. Salads. Couple of other sides. Then we
munch on the left overs for a few days. I always have to
get at least a half ham so that we have the bone to make
ham and bean soup next month. ha! Desserts will be our
favorite cookies that make our Christmas traditional.

New Years Day will be kielbasa and kraut and peirogi's
and a small pork roast and fixens.

Wishing you all, God's richest blessings always.
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
I wish that I could turn the clock back 50 years, just for
Christmas Day. The family gatherings.
Each items that I prepare for this Christmas Dinner is going
to be for my husband and myself. Our hearts will recall the
old days.

Ham studded with cloves, pineapple rings and maraschino
cherries. Yams. Salads. Couple of other sides. Then we
munch on the left overs for a few days. I always have to
get at least a half ham so that we have the bone to make
ham and bean soup next month. ha! Desserts will be our
favorite cookies that make our Christmas traditional.

New Years Day will be kielbasa and kraut and peirogi's
and a small pork roast and fixens.

Wishing you all, God's richest blessings always.
Oh I LOVE bean and ham soup!!!

When I don’t have a leftover ham bone to make it I get these small little smoked ham shanks. They are great!

Now I want to make some. Ohh...next week.

Many blessings to you and your family. Have a wonderful Christmas❣️❣️
And to everyone on the forum as well, of course❣️❣️
5 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
We do our formal dinner on Christmas Eve.
We all dress up and the silver and china and linens are used.
This year it will be prime rib (with the a jus and horseradish creme). Lobster tails. Lyonnaise potatoes, green beans amandine, a cranberry apple mold and Yorkshire pudding. ( popovers)
I am making my homemade apple cake and cheesecake with chocolate ganache for dessert,

On Christmas Day (after gifts) I just have “munchies” all day. Appetizers in other words.
This year it will be my cheeseball, salami, olive tapenade and crackers. Bacon wrapped shrimp with dipping sauce. * meatballs. Cheese-spinach phyllo triangles (need to make those today...time consuming and messy but they freeze great!) spiced nuts fudge and cookies.

I just put the munchies out on the island and everyone just helps themselves all day.

There will be mulled cider out during both days.
Christmas morning my husband pops some champagne. He and daughter enjoy a glass while opening gifts.😜

Then I don’t cook for a week.
@RS Sounds great! What time should I be there? :D
4 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
This year it will be prime rib (with the a jus and horseradish creme). Lobster tails. Lyonnaise potatoes, green beans amandine, a cranberry apple mold and Yorkshire pudding. ( popovers)
I am making my homemade apple cake and cheesecake with chocolate ganache for dessert,

On Christmas Day (after gifts) I just have “munchies” all day. Appetizers in other words.
This year it will be my cheeseball, salami, olive tapenade and crackers. Bacon wrapped shrimp with dipping sauce. * meatballs. Cheese-spinach phyllo triangles (need to make those today...time consuming and messy but they freeze great!) spiced nuts fudge and cookies.

I just put the munchies out on the island and everyone just helps themselves all day.

Christmas morning my husband pops some champagne. He and daughter enjoy a glass while opening gifts.😜

Right?! Her menu has me drooling.
Also, now I have to make popovers. 😂
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Any time, any day! We will start dinner around 4:30 Christmas Eve. But early is good!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Right?! Her menu has me drooling.
Also, now I have to make popovers. 😂
Everyone loves those too! They are so easy but impressive at the same time. I have two popover pans because they get eaten so fast. I bake two batches at once, rotating the pans.
When those come out and get put in a bowl another two batches go in.
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Sounds wonderful!

Each of you mentioned certain foods and desserts I love!

Guess I'll just have to get my Jet out of storage so I can zip to each of your homes for a little of that, a little of this, and a bit of that.

Okay, Okay...A LOT of that, A LOT of this, and a TON of THAT!
Oink Oink Oink Oink Oink
🐽🐷🐽🐷🐽🐷🐽🐷🐽🐷🐽🐷🐽

😂😂😂I'll get my hover craft ready! We'll have to plot our air space so we don't collide! Baubles will fly! Let's drop little blue boxes w/white ribbons containing GOOD stuff as we go! Ho Ho Ho!!

🤣😂😅😆😂🤣😆😅🤣😂😆😅🤣😂
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Cat anytime you want to drop in is fine with me. The more the merrier 😂 As for giving them rhyming names, yes they did-Donald Ray and Donna Faye. There were other sets of twins but didn’t survive infancy back then. My Dad’s Mom would bake cakes from scratch to make extra money for all the kids. Her highly prized cake was-coconut cake. She made so many of them at the request of so many neighbors. Her entire kitchen smelled so heavenly and she would put her cakes on the table for people to come pick up. She loved to bake and was a wonderful cook. My Dad loved to cook and I do too. Every year I made him a coconut cake for his birthday. It’s wonderful sharing these happy memories with you all. This time of year is when they are really needed. Your parents sound lovely Cat, enjoy every precious minute you have with them. I would love to have you all over for dessert and coffee/tea. It would be nice and really nice to share pictures of our furry babies. Have a happy Thursday to you and all the awesome friends on the forums.🌹🕊
I can SMELL the aroma! Oh I am craving coconut cake now! I bet hers were absolutely DELICIOUS! And yours, too! What a wonderful memory! I wish we were back in that era!

My mother made a delicious coconut cake. One time she made two, one for a cousin and one for my twin and me, for our birthdays. The three of us shared one with our parents, then sat down and ate the rest of one, and all of the other, until they were completely gone!
😆

Have a wonderful weekend, Ginger!
💞
🥥 🎂 🥥 🍰 🥥
3 x