So what’s for Holiday dinner?...

RS

So what’s for Holiday dinner?...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Do you cook or does everyone bring something?
Are you having a big get together, or just you? Or you and someone special?
What are your plans for Christmas Eve and Christmas, Hanukkah?
Festivus anyone?
Last edited by RS 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Gemsnob

Re: So what’s for Holiday dinner?...

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

This year its hubby, kids and myself. We are doing what we usually do for Thanksgiving but didnt. Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed, veges and something for dessert. Sometimes a few people who have nowhere to go end up over. Thats ok. The more the merrier!
4 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 4 years ago

While I love the traditional Turkey, dressing, ham and all the side dishes, for Christmas, my family wanted something different. So I gave them 3 choices of what they wanted. They asked me make a chicken, sausage and shrimp gumbo, rice, potato salad, garlic bread and pecan pie and a few other sides. It will be a big pot of gumbo LOADED with goodies :D For New Years I plan on doing Cabbage and Black Eyed Peas, cornbread and a few other things.
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

We do our formal dinner on Christmas Eve.
We all dress up and the silver and china and linens are used.
This year it will be prime rib (with the a jus and horseradish creme). Lobster tails. Lyonnaise potatoes, green beans amandine, a cranberry apple mold and Yorkshire pudding. ( popovers)
I am making my homemade apple cake and cheesecake with chocolate ganache for dessert,

On Christmas Day (after gifts) I just have “munchies” all day. Appetizers in other words.
This year it will be my cheeseball, salami, olive tapenade and crackers. Bacon wrapped shrimp with dipping sauce. * meatballs. Cheese-spinach phyllo triangles (need to make those today...time consuming and messy but they freeze great!) spiced nuts fudge and cookies.

I just put the munchies out on the island and everyone just helps themselves all day.

There will be mulled cider out during both days.
Christmas morning my husband pops some champagne. He and daughter enjoy a glass while opening gifts.😜

Then I don’t cook for a week.
6 x

GemGirl

Post by GemGirl » 4 years ago

Prime rib, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, etc and wine. Lot's of wine.
5 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Post by Jt » 4 years ago

It all sounds so lovely. Merry Christmas to all! Thank Goodness for goodness something we all could use a little more of.
6 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Post by Jt » 4 years ago

Anyway, Jesus is the reason for the season. Thank you Lord for letting me have the freedom to serve you. Some do not.
6 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

This is the time of year that everyone yells at me happybirthdayhappyhannukahmerrychristmas! :lol:
We will have Community Christmas Eve dinner and services. Everybody should be pretty Jolly by Midnight Mass.
We will have the usual meats ham turkey brisket prime rib venison and I'm sure someone will show up with elk moose or bear.(gross)
The rest is pot luck and I will be wearing very stretchy clothing.
Chances are I'll never make mass.

Christmas Day hubby's family comes over. They will bring food and cook here.
There will be snow mobiling ATV riding and snowball fights and lots of running playing dogs and kids.
I'll be missing my family friends and festivities back home tho.
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
This is the time of year that everyone yells at me happybirthdayhappyhannukahmerrychristmas! :lol:
We will have Community Christmas Eve dinner and services. Everybody should be pretty Jolly by Midnight Mass.
We will have the usual meats ham turkey brisket prime rib venison and I'm sure someone will show up with elk moose or bear.(gross)
The rest is pot luck and I will be wearing very stretchy clothing.
Chances are I'll never make mass.

Christmas Day hubby's family comes over. They will bring food and cook here.
There will be snow mobiling ATV riding and snowball fights and lots of running playing dogs and kids.
I'll be missing my family friends and festivities back home tho.
That sounds awesome (except the bear meat part)🤢
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

We will do lots of singing and guitar and dulcimer and autoharp playing. I would love snow but it probably won’t happen. Might go caroling with some friends after dinner on Christmas Eve.
3 x