Lustro Stella-Beauty & the Beast

JewelryQueen

Lustro Stella-Beauty & the Beast

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Out of the box it is gorgeous Wear it once and Yuck!! All the sparkle disappears This is "premium" cz? In a pig's eye!! I will stick with Swarovski for a little more
2 x

silleemee

Re: Lustro Stella-Beauty & the Beast

Post by silleemee » 4 years ago

I have several pairs of LS earrings and they look as sparkly as the day I got them. Most cz stones inherently attract dirt and need cleaned more often than diamonds.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Out of the box it is gorgeous Wear it once and Yuck!! All the sparkle disappears This is "premium" cz? In a pig's eye!! I will stick with Swarovski for a little more
I also think Swarovski makes the best cz on the market.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Well I have not gotten any earrings so I can't say about them but the rings I have gotten I have very gently but thoroughly cleaned them when they went dull (the next day) and they did not regain their initial spectacular sparkle. Maybe for the right price I will try earrings or a pendant. For the most part I still think Sarovski is the best bet as I have rings that are 5 years old and still sparkle like new.
5 x

silleemee

Post by silleemee » 4 years ago

Once a cz gets dirty it is most difficult to get clean. The dirt, oils or anything it comes in contact with sticks to it like glue. That is an unfortunate characteristic of most cz stones. Sonic and steam cleaning are your best friends for making them sparkle again. What I like to use is a product called Connoisseurs Diamond Dazzle Stick. That's a twist-up gel which contains a mild abrasive and it's applied with the brush tip.The brush tip is made to get into all the nooks and crannies, gets behind the stones (culet) where a lot of the offending dulling crud likes to hide. I love that product! It makes my stones really sparkle like new again.
1 x

JewelryQueen

Thank you so much for the helpful hint. I will give it a try although I won't pin my hopes too high as I just cannot get my head around how a ring can get that dirty in one day. It is not like I am digging ditches.
3 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I’ve never purchased this brand but have lots of Swarovski and I love them all. ShopLC used to send out a free jar of jewelry cleaner to customers and it’s the brand you mentioned but the liquid version. I love this jewelry cleaner and it’s mild on the stones and gets them super clean. I wish they would send out thank you gifts again for being a customer, have received several things but they stopped it.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I’ve never purchased this brand but have lots of Swarovski and I love them all. ShopLC used to send out a free jar of jewelry cleaner to customers and it’s the brand you mentioned but the liquid version. I love this jewelry cleaner and it’s mild on the stones and gets them super clean. I wish they would send out thank you gifts again for being a customer, have received several things but they stopped it.
Well after just now reading this thread I went into the box that holds my CZ jewelry. I have two LS rings that were worn one time last week. They are already tarnished. Probably won’t buy more of that line.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Yes and yes. Love my Swarovski and loved the gits they used to give to regular customers. I do feel bad because I never thanked them although I thought about it. My bad...
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

I have a lot of Lustro Stella pieces and they did not change or get dirty after wearing...I wonder if there is a difference between the smaller and larger pieces? I do like the Swarovski pieces and from what I have heard during a presentation Shop LC has a partnership with the company and some of their jewelry is made from with those crystals.
2 x