Bondi Tanzanite?

Gem Lover

Bondi Tanzanite?

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I got a pamphlet with my order and for what was coming in 2020 it said Bondi Tanzanite, does anyone know what this is?
3 x

Gem Lover

Re: Bondi Tanzanite?

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Ok I found what it is, this is what it says: Named after the sea-blue color seen on the beautiful Bondi Beach in Australia this exotic gemstone displays the revered deep blues of tanzanite tinged with rich green.

Like other tanzanite Bondi blue tanzanite is famous for having multidimensional color and being exceptionally brilliant. It exhibits a strong amount of pleochroism meaning that it appears different colors when viewed from different angles. This variety of tanzanite has green undertones with a deep blue base color.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I got a pamphlet with my order and for what was coming in 2020 it said Bondi Tanzanite, does anyone know what this is?
If its what Im thinking, its blue-green tanzanite. Its touted as rare but its not cream of the crop and now that they ( retailers) are having trouble getting desirable color, they are pulling out what used to be tossed aside. Its also been called peacock.
5 x

Gemsnob

Buy it if you like it just dont fall for the hype. Colored gems are valuable based on four things: color, color, color and color. With Tanzanite it will always be the dark blue violet with flashes of red. Through out history there are marketing "schemes" and some have been brilliant. The best was De Beers and the diamond. Just keep that in mind when shopping and dont rely on a sales person for your education.
4 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Ok I found what it is, this is what it says: Named after the sea-blue color seen on the beautiful Bondi Beach in Australia this exotic gemstone displays the revered deep blues of tanzanite tinged with rich green.

Like other tanzanite Bondi blue tanzanite is famous for having multidimensional color and being exceptionally brilliant. It exhibits a strong amount of pleochroism meaning that it appears different colors when viewed from different angles. This variety of tanzanite has green undertones with a deep blue base color.
That description makes it sound amazingly beautiful, but I’ll bet it’s the same pale green stuff they’ve been hocking. I’m not crazy bout the looks of it. But, a deep sea blue with a play of other colors? That could be pretty if not valuable. Time will tell. Thanks for sharing the info gem lover & gemsnob and for the heads up
4 x

Gemsnob

This pic is from VGL which is the parent company of shoplc and the Jewellry Channel.
https://www.vaibhavglobal.com/sites/def ... te_002.jpg
1 x

Gemsnob

Unheated tanzy in an unattractive greenish brown. Sometimes it comes out of the ground beautiful if exposed to heat. I imagine during the heating process that man put it through, the blue wasnt consistant through out. The stones may have been large though and to toss them would have been sacrilege. They figure eventually they could market them and the time has come.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago

Gem Lover, I have a Bondi Tanzanite ring from SLC purchased several years ago. Not impressed w/mine (pale) but they may be offering a better grade now. Mine doesn't compare to the original color.
3 x

Hot4TENER

But the pic makes it look attractive. I might b in if it’s cheap enuf, or if it makes it to RA. Ugh but you know the RA ones won’t look like that! LOL
2 x

Hot4TENER

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago

Gem Lover, I have a Bondi Tanzanite ring from SLC purchased several years ago. Not impressed w/mine (pale) but they may be offering a better grade now. Mine doesn't compare to the original color.
Good to know Blossom
3 x