Cooking with one foot

JewelryQueen

Cooking with one foot

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

OK, so I have to use my hands---but it would be nice to get around!
My son's birthday and this sis's birthday are Jan 1st. Had not wrapped all their presents yet. As I am bustling around I slam my little toe into the tent I bought my son. OWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I think it is broken.
To top off my mood...guess what I got from my roommate? Cooking lessons!!!?!! Now I am not a trained chef and everyone can still learn things but I have been cooking for well over a decade and think I do alright. Well at least it beats the mostly completed punchcard for a free frozen yogurt he gave me one year---and no, I am not kidding. In fairness you have to forgive him since I for sure don't think it was given in malice. He is actually a goodhearted guy so I should count my blessings. See? Venting to you ladies has upped my mood already. I choose to believe he just wants me to learn more ways to prepare beef. He does not care for chicken and abhors fish but I sneak it in on him as often as I can since he eats about 3 pounds of beef a week.
Onwards and upwards! I truly hope you all are having a lovely holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6 x

Gemsnob

Re: Cooking with one foot

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
My son's birthday and this sis's birthday are Jan 1st. Had not wrapped all their presents yet. As I am bustling around I slam my little toe into the tent I bought my son. OWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I think it is broken.
To top off my mood...guess what I got from my roommate? Cooking lessons!!!?!! Now I am not a trained chef and everyone can still learn things but I have been cooking for well over a decade and think I do alright. Well at least it beats the mostly completed punchcard for a free frozen yogurt he gave me one year---and no, I am not kidding. In fairness you have to forgive him since I for sure don't think it was given in malice. He is actually a goodhearted guy so I should count my blessings. See? Venting to you ladies has upped my mood already. I choose to believe he just wants me to learn more ways to prepare beef. He does not care for chicken and abhors fish but I sneak it in on him as often as I can since he eats about 3 pounds of beef a week.
Onwards and upwards! I truly hope you all are having a lovely holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my! Im sorry to hear about your toe! Its amazing that something so little can hurt so badly. I broke the little toe on my right foot over a year ago and it still aches at times.
I dont eat 3 lbs of beef in 3 years! It doesnt taste like it used to. Either that or my tastes have changed. I love seafood myself! I bet youre an amazing cook! You take care of that toe! Merry Christmas JewelryQueen!🎅
4 x

JewelryQueen

Thank you Gemsnob for your kind words. in reality it doesn't hurt as much as the time I almost cut my toe off with the freshly sharpened chainsaw my hubby left in the hall one night. And on the bright side my best friend gave me $100 so I can do a little shopping at SLC! My sense of humor is returning so I will share. I lost a false fingernail in one of my dishes. I want a vote: should I continue the search or just replace it and act surprised and innocent with everyone else?
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Ouch! That'll put a damper on a festive day for sure! Stumped the toe next to little one several years ago on an ottoman leg going to bathroom in dark...yep, it hurt! It turned soooo many colors as it healed. Doesn't hurt any longer but it also doesn't bend like the others. I'm sure you are an excellent chef! Enjoy your frozen yogurt & your family!
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you Gemsnob for your kind words. in reality it doesn't hurt as much as the time I almost cut my toe off with the freshly sharpened chainsaw my hubby left in the hall one night. And on the bright side my best friend gave me $100 so I can do a little shopping at SLC! My sense of humor is returning so I will share. I lost a false fingernail in one of my dishes. I want a vote: should I continue the search or just replace it and act surprised and innocent with everyone else?
Im thinking replace and act surprised like everyone else. Whats a little fun with family going to hurt?
Last edited by Gemsnob 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

JewelryQueen

I'm with you. Maybe the festive ribbon I used to tie the toe to the next to it will distract everyone.
3 x

JewelryQueen

So far the ribbon tied toes are working. Think I will add a small rhinestone pin on top of the bow to see how long I can keep this going. If I get nabbed I might just bring a gag gift out of the emergency present drawer and act like this fingernail thing was "whoever finds the ring in their piece of cake wins" game all along. Might just get away with it as I have quite the quirky sense of humor. Wish me luck as I need you all pulling for me to pull this off!
5 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

:lol: :lol: oh my goodness Jewelry Queen, I’m laughing so hard about the lost fake nail! It would be so funny to see who gets it though if you don’t replace the dish. Once years ago when I was losing my eyelashes, I put on fake ones and took them off when I was in the shower. I placed the wet soggy lashes in the soap container in the shower and my husband thought it was a spider 🕷. I laughed so hard, I like pulling the practical jokes as often as I can. Just today I wrapped one of our gifts to our son 8 or 9 different ways 😂 it’s wrapped, in a bag and then a box and it’s repeated and I taped it with duct tape 😂🤣 Have a wonderful Christmas evening to everyone 🎄 Ginger
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
So far the ribbon tied toes are working. Think I will add a small rhinestone pin on top of the bow to see how long I can keep this going. If I get nabbed I might just bring a gag gift out of the emergency present drawer and act like this fingernail thing was "whoever finds the ring in their piece of cake wins" game all along. Might just get away with it as I have quite the quirky sense of humor. Wish me luck as I need you all pulling for me to pull this off!
BWA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!
😆🤣😂🤣😆😄😅😂🤣😂😆😂
3 x

JewelryQueen

IT IS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!! Dinner is over and the nail never made it's presence known. Jesus knew I just couldn't take any more I guess. Goodnight one and all.
3 x