Day off

Gem Lover

Day off

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

So I was watching JTV tonight and there was 3 males hosting and one female all at the same time, the female said that none of them were there and one of the males asked if he was dreaming? Lol. She then asked all the males what they were doing at that very moment and they all started explaining what they were doing Christmas day at that moment. It was pretty funny how they went about telling everyone that they all had Christmas off and the show is prerecorded. How nice that JTV gives all their employees Christmas off so they can be home spending quality time with their families. I think most of the shopping networks do this. Shop LC should do the same, it shows your employees that you really do care about them and their families.
5 x

Ginger

Re: Day off

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I agree and just posted something about this under the Federal Trade Commission thread someone was saying ShopLC hasn’t changed. It’s all about making a sale and if the major shopping channels can do it, then this one should be able to. People need holidays off to be with family, especially on Christmas 🎄
8 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

This was on another topic but I thought maybe its because the company is run by people from India that dont recognize Christmas as a religious holiday. Some people celebrate but its not their religion.
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@ Gemsnob: Maybe the owners do not recognize it as a religious holiday but they sure do for making a sale, they kept showing a commercial with them all together having Christmas and even if they do not celebrate it those who work for them do and if they are one big family as they claim they should care enough about their workers to give them the day off.
4 x

Gemsnob

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
@ Gemsnob: Maybe the owners do not recognize it as a religious holiday but they sure do for making a sale, they kept showing a commercial with them all together having Christmas and even if they do not celebrate it those who work for them do and if they are one big family as they claim they should care enough about their workers to give them the day off.
Im just guessing about that. You know what else has changed? In years past, Shoplc used to let military stationed away from family record a video message and Shoplc would play them around the holidays. That happened for many years but hasnt happened for quite sometime. I wonder why?
7 x

Ginger

Correct Gem Lover, there was 2 different videos on Christmas they did. If they don’t celebrate Christmas then why the videos and some of the higher ups have said they have already bought their Christmas gifts. I think it’s all about making a sell is why they are having to work. I think Christmas is the 1 day everyone should have off to celebrate the reason for the season. I can just imagine the chaos in returns for the coming week. It’s going to take forever for refunds. Is everything on air today, final sale and can’t be returned unless it’s defective?
4 x

Ginger

I remember those videos and they showed so many military people from all over wishing their family Merry Christmas. Lots of things have changed and I don’t get the ShopLC Christmas card anymore either. I haven’t received it in over 2 years. Does anyone still get one?
6 x

Gemsnob

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Correct Gem Lover, there was 2 different videos on Christmas they did. If they don’t celebrate Christmas then why the videos and some of the higher ups have said they have already bought their Christmas gifts. I think it’s all about making a sell is why they are having to work. I think Christmas is the 1 day everyone should have off to celebrate the reason for the season. I can just imagine the chaos in returns for the coming week. It’s going to take forever for refunds. Is everything on air today, final sale and can’t be returned unless it’s defective?
But there is a difference between celebrating ( exchanging gifts) and recognizing it as a religious holiday. I know people who work for Jewish owned companies although they themselves arent Jewish. The company recognizes all Jewish holidays and they get days off. If the owners or whatever are of another religion, its possible this is why. Its more of a fun holiday like Easter but no religious meaning.
4 x

Gemsnob

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I remember those videos and they showed so many military people from all over wishing their family Merry Christmas. Lots of things have changed and I don’t get the ShopLC Christmas card anymore either. I haven’t received it in over 2 years. Does anyone still get one?
No, no card here either.
2 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
No more Christmas cards.
I did get a weird little fan either last summer or the one before.
It was a little SLC placard on a Popsicle stick.
5 x