ALL SALES FINAL ---> ??? Seriously ???

RS

Re: ALL SALES FINAL ---> ??? Seriously ???

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

No worries I take no offense. But they represent us, and if the experience is poor that is a problem. Also, I wanted to confirm there is a training process it's 2 weeks long. We also have continuous learning requirements. You are correct a newer employee is more likely to make mistakes or be less confident. But that doesn't make them any less accountable for the information they were trained on. I won't pry further unless there is an experience you would like to share.
Honestly, bigger fish for me to fry than the new CS agents. I think they are a product of their environment and possibly lack of enthusiasm for their job?
Depending on the individual that is a possibility. Although since Christmas has past I do feel lighter LOL :lol: . Still happy to help people of course!
Well...I still have issues. New ones. I have posted about them. I figured you were taking some well deserved time off.
2 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

4 years ago
scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
Come on, SLC, what's with this policy? You're not having a "clearance" just a giant Get-rid-of-stock-while-trying-to-fool-the-customers sale. A no-return policy is generally (at least, in the rest of the retail world) limited to red tag final clearance items which are marked down to the absolute lowest rock-bottom price, never to be raised higher at a moment's whim.

I'm seeing loads of jewelry pieces that appear to be first-time showings. And you won't allow a customer to inspect it, try it on, make sure it's what they expected??? Come on, join the REAL world SLC. Even with a chrome diopside ring at a remarkable price, I will not for a moment consider buying it from you if I can't be sure that it really looks like the on-air item. I've had too many bad experiences previously. So here you have some decent jewelry that will never be purchased ... not by me anyway.

Guess I'll be going back to my once-beloved JTV ... at least they can do year-end sales, inventory reduction, etc and still have a return policy in effect, no questions asked. At least I can count on their product quality and customer service and I can actually get in contact with their hosts.

A big giant PHOOEY to you, SLC. :x :evil:
Hello,

I can confirm any products you are unhappy with we will make sure to address it. Are there any orders that I can help you with?
Thank you for the offer, Danielle, but I don't have any current order issues. (I will be sending you an email related to something from the past.)

The REAL issue, that started this thread, is one I don't think you can take care of ... it would require presidential policy change or something. That problem is the banner at the bottom of every single airing: it clearly states, in all caps, ALL SALES ARE FINAL. This is nonsense since a huge number of items appear to be first showing and many are nowhere near a final clearance/liquidation price. So, unless something is most definitely a rock-bottom, unbelievable price, I refuse to take a chance on disappointment and getting stuck with it.

OTOH, if one of the items is indeed an obvious liquidation or unbelievably low price, then yes, I might take a chance even if I can't return. Since I have jeweler's tools, I've got two options if said item is 'unworthy' : I can keep the stone and toss the setting; or keep the setting and toss the stone. In either case, I've got the materials to make replacements. (Oh, yeah, a 3rd option is to toss the whole thing ... but again, only if it's a true final liquidation price.) With the current state of offerings/presentations, there's no way I will consider another purchase if it is not returnable.

Can you possibly explain, in a way that makes sense, why SLC is not allowing returns on ANY current offerings?? Competitors certainly are.

You're a real treasure, Danielle, trying to make things better for us. I don't think you'll have any success with this one, though. Love ya anyway!
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
Come on, SLC, what's with this policy? You're not having a "clearance" just a giant Get-rid-of-stock-while-trying-to-fool-the-customers sale. A no-return policy is generally (at least, in the rest of the retail world) limited to red tag final clearance items which are marked down to the absolute lowest rock-bottom price, never to be raised higher at a moment's whim.

I'm seeing loads of jewelry pieces that appear to be first-time showings. And you won't allow a customer to inspect it, try it on, make sure it's what they expected??? Come on, join the REAL world SLC. Even with a chrome diopside ring at a remarkable price, I will not for a moment consider buying it from you if I can't be sure that it really looks like the on-air item. I've had too many bad experiences previously. So here you have some decent jewelry that will never be purchased ... not by me anyway.

Guess I'll be going back to my once-beloved JTV ... at least they can do year-end sales, inventory reduction, etc and still have a return policy in effect, no questions asked. At least I can count on their product quality and customer service and I can actually get in contact with their hosts.

A big giant PHOOEY to you, SLC. :x :evil:
Hello,

I can confirm any products you are unhappy with we will make sure to address it. Are there any orders that I can help you with?
Thank you for the offer, Danielle, but I don't have any current order issues. (I will be sending you an email related to something from the past.)

The REAL issue, that started this thread, is one I don't think you can take care of ... it would require presidential policy change or something. That problem is the banner at the bottom of every single airing: it clearly states, in all caps, ALL SALES ARE FINAL. This is nonsense since a huge number of items appear to be first showing and many are nowhere near a final clearance/liquidation price. So, unless something is most definitely a rock-bottom, unbelievable price, I refuse to take a chance on disappointment and getting stuck with it.

OTOH, if one of the items is indeed an obvious liquidation or unbelievably low price, then yes, I might take a chance even if I can't return. Since I have jeweler's tools, I've got two options if said item is 'unworthy' : I can keep the stone and toss the setting; or keep the setting and toss the stone. In either case, I've got the materials to make replacements. (Oh, yeah, a 3rd option is to toss the whole thing ... but again, only if it's a true final liquidation price.) With the current state of offerings/presentations, there's no way I will consider another purchase if it is not returnable.

Can you possibly explain, in a way that makes sense, why SLC is not allowing returns on ANY current offerings?? Competitors certainly are.

You're a real treasure, Danielle, trying to make things better for us. I don't think you'll have any success with this one, though. Love ya anyway!
I agree with you here. If things were truly at rock bottom prices, I can take a chance on jewelry as I can set stones myself. I have collected loose stones for decades and have many beautiful pieces. I often look for pieces that I can repurpose but usually on the RA. As Ive stated before, Shoplc has never had a "clearance" , they only have sales and you can see this with the contant manipulation of prices. A clearance price continues to go down until the item is gone. They arent interested in selling out items in precious metal because they can melt it down but they are seriously marking down things in silvertone.
3 x

Zoya

Post by Zoya » 4 years ago

Hello,

Had a disappointing experience before Christmas year before last. Paid a fortune for express shipping for a gift that was supposed to get to me in 2 days. Needed it for a coworker. Did not arrive in time, still not there after 5 days. Had to run out and buy something else the night before the gift exchange at work. Will not do that again. Also bought a warranty on a chrome diopside bracelet, several stones fell out, customer service didn't have a clue what to do.
1 x

Gemsnob

Zoya wrote:
4 years ago
Hello,

Had a disappointing experience before Christmas year before last. Paid a fortune for express shipping for a gift that was supposed to get to me in 2 days. Needed it for a coworker. Did not arrive in time, still not there after 5 days. Had to run out and buy something else the night before the gift exchange at work. Will not do that again. Also bought a warranty on a chrome diopside bracelet, several stones fell out, customer service didn't have a clue what to do.
Does Shoplc offer warranties now? I know JTV does but I never do it.
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Zoya wrote:
4 years ago
Hello,

These items should not NEED warrantees. If they were made well there would be no problems.
3 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Zoya wrote:
4 years ago
Hello,

These items should not NEED warrantees. If they were made well there would be no problems.
Thats how I feel as well.
1 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
If you read reviews on Glassdoor and Indeed, former employees state there is severe lack of training, cliques, nepotism, lack of communication between departments, rules are not enforced, favoritism. I think this has been going on since the networks inception but they were able to keep the issues out of the spotlight. Something really bad has happened if its now obvious to cutomers how dysfunctional Shoplc is on TV and behind the scenes.
Yes Gemsnob you’re right. I read those last night
as well. Lots of former employee reviews. Also
on Indeed. I feel bad for the employees. They get
maybe 3 days of ‘training’ and are then thrown to
the wolves. There aren’t rules to follow per se
as the ‘rules’ constantly change but aren’t shared
with all the employees (read managers, supervisors,
etc.) and employees can be instantly fired for not following the rules. It’s a terrible place to work. Plus
this place is used to bring more people from india to the
usa on a visa. Women are treated horribly here as well.
Very low paying jobs, employees aren’t listened to any more than those of us on this forum. Racism, sexism, low wages, employees screamed & yelled at, etc. Please
read these reviews for yourselves. I cannot support
this business ever again.
4 x