ALL SALES FINAL ---> ??? Seriously ???

scoobydoo

ALL SALES FINAL ---> ??? Seriously ???

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

Come on, SLC, what's with this policy? You're not having a "clearance" just a giant Get-rid-of-stock-while-trying-to-fool-the-customers sale. A no-return policy is generally (at least, in the rest of the retail world) limited to red tag final clearance items which are marked down to the absolute lowest rock-bottom price, never to be raised higher at a moment's whim.

I'm seeing loads of jewelry pieces that appear to be first-time showings. And you won't allow a customer to inspect it, try it on, make sure it's what they expected??? Come on, join the REAL world SLC. Even with a chrome diopside ring at a remarkable price, I will not for a moment consider buying it from you if I can't be sure that it really looks like the on-air item. I've had too many bad experiences previously. So here you have some decent jewelry that will never be purchased ... not by me anyway.

Guess I'll be going back to my once-beloved JTV ... at least they can do year-end sales, inventory reduction, etc and still have a return policy in effect, no questions asked. At least I can count on their product quality and customer service and I can actually get in contact with their hosts.

A big giant PHOOEY to you, SLC. :x :evil:
10 x

Catticus

Re: ALL SALES FINAL ---> ??? Seriously ???

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I saw this happening late last night. New items being sold, as the hosts claimed it was a final clearance and they "had" to get rid of "these older items to make room for new stock."
😒
7 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
I saw this happening late last night. New items being sold, as the hosts claimed it was a final clearance and they "had" to get rid of "these older items to make room for new stock."
😒
I can't, in good conscience, buy right now. Not until things calm down and get back to normal.
Everything is absolute chaos right now and I'm reading way too many horror stories.
I just don't do anxiety well.
9 x

Catticus

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
😒
I can't, in good conscience, buy right now. Not until things calm down and get back to normal.
Everything is absolute chaos right now and I'm reading way too many horror stories.
I just don't do anxiety well.
I have had anxiety problems all my life! I UNDERSTAND!
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

In November when they had a 40% coupon which included diamonds, I bought several pieces because the hosts stated the items can be returned until Jan 15. When I received the items, the receipt said FINAL SALE. I was livid. Customer service and a Supervisor assured me it can be returned. Well I noticed today that one item I returned, they deducted 25%. I was arguing with customer service because she first told me I wasnt supposed to use the included return label, unless it was defective🤯 I literally felt like I was having a mental moment. Finally she understood she was wrong and said I will be getting the 25% back. Who trains these CS ? Who would take a chance and buy diamonds that cant be returned. We all know that they pick the best of the lot for the TV sample. I never receive the same quality stones at home, as the sample. But, at least I have the option of returning it
9 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
In November when they had a 40% coupon which included diamonds, I bought several pieces because the hosts stated the items can be returned until Jan 15. When I received the items, the receipt said FINAL SALE. I was livid. Customer service and a Supervisor assured me it can be returned. Well I noticed today that one item I returned, they deducted 25%. I was arguing with customer service because she first told me I wasnt supposed to use the included return label, unless it was defective🤯 I literally felt like I was having a mental moment. Finally she understood she was wrong and said I will be getting the 25% back. Who trains these CS ? Who would take a chance and buy diamonds that cant be returned. We all know that they pick the best of the lot for the TV sample. I never receive the same quality stones at home, as the sample. But, at least I have the option of returning it
The answer to who trains the CS agents is nobody. Based on my own experiences with them it seems they are given a list of “rules” to follow and then let loose. Because of that they interpret their own way and there’s no consistency.
6 x

Catticus

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
The answer to who trains the CS agents is nobody. Based on my own experiences with them it seems they are given a list of “rules” to follow and then let loose. Because of that they interpret their own way and there’s no consistency.
@RS

AS USUAL, YOU NAILED IT!

I don't believe any "real" training is involved. SLC has an EXTREMELY HIGH turnaround rate. I believe they take just about anyone who applies for some of the positions; phone orders, warehouse, etc.

"Here's your seat. This is our list of rules."

Training Session Over!
7 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

I thought that during the clearance events all sales were not final and this only applied to items actually marked clearance. Thinking everyone needs to also check their refunds for anything returned during the supposedly extended returns period to ensure they are not charged restocking fees.
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

If you read reviews on Glassdoor and Indeed, former employees state there is severe lack of training, cliques, nepotism, lack of communication between departments, rules are not enforced, favoritism. I think this has been going on since the networks inception but they were able to keep the issues out of the spotlight. Something really bad has happened if its now obvious to cutomers how dysfunctional Shoplc is on TV and behind the scenes.
7 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky,

Please confirm your order information to danielle.jackson@shoplc.com so I can refund the restocking fee? I want to make sure to make this right for you :).
5 x