FREE items? website problem

geminigirl

FREE items? website problem

Post by geminigirl » 4 years ago

I was buying three or four items and a couple of them were showing up FREE on the price. Too bad I didn't check out right away, lol I assumed it was a website problem and then the price jumped to higher than it was. Maybe they gave away some items free for a two minute period but I seriously doubt it. It was very strange. I figured that if I would have checked out that I wouldn't know what I was being charged. Anyone see this?
2 x

Blossom

Re: FREE items? website problem

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

geminigirl wrote:
4 years ago
I was buying three or four items and a couple of them were showing up FREE on the price. Too bad I didn't check out right away, lol I assumed it was a website problem and then the price jumped to higher than it was. Maybe they gave away some items free for a two minute period but I seriously doubt it. It was very strange. I figured that if I would have checked out that I wouldn't know what I was being charged. Anyone see this?
That's mind blowing! I did not see that but I would have thought the same. You know the old saying 'if it sounds to good to be true....

Reminds me of the Kroger scam I saw on the news last night.
0 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

geminigirl wrote:
4 years ago
I have seen the free item totals after placing an item in my cart that had a discount applied...do you think that may have been the case since they are doing clearance events and some items were auctioned off for as low as $1.99.
0 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 4 years ago

It happened to me. I ordered two bracelets and the $300 sleeping beauty bracelet said free on the checkout! I should have checked out right away to see if it would go through, but trying to be honest I reloaded my cart and the free went away. I wonder if it would have went through like that if Shop LC would have honored it?
2 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Back in May, there was a glitch in the online auctions. I noticed some items on my personal favorites were not coming up on the auction search. For example, if it was a garnet bracelet, when you searched garnet in RA, it didn't come up. Consequently, I believe very few people could actually see the items. I got a nice 16 ct. garnet sterling tennis bracelet for $1.00, a tanzanite ring with a one carat center stone for $1.00. and a 3-stone tanzanite ring ( 1.75 ct.) for $7.00. Yep...that was a fun evening!
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
Back in May, there was a glitch in the online auctions. I noticed some items on my personal favorites were not coming up on the auction search. For example, if it was a garnet bracelet, when you searched garnet in RA, it didn't come up. Consequently, I believe very few people could actually see the items. I got a nice 16 ct. garnet sterling tennis bracelet for $1.00, a tanzanite ring with a one carat center stone for $1.00. and a 3-stone tanzanite ring ( 1.75 ct.) for $7.00. Yep...that was a fun evening!
Wow! Way to go Hot4Tener!
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Wow!!! Congrats!
A couple of yrs ago LC's website kept getting overwhelmed and if you were not already in it would not let you in. It took their techs almost a day to fix. As a result if you had a bid in on RA when it went down you were assured of winning I got some hella deals and boy did LC lose money as they had to honor the bids.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Wow!!! Congrats!
A couple of yrs ago LC's website kept getting overwhelmed and if you were not already in it would not let you in. It took their techs almost a day to fix. As a result if you had a bid in on RA when it went down you were assured of winning I got some hella deals and boy did LC lose money as they had to honor the bids.
I remember when that happened because I could not log into the RA and it was driving me crazy! I could see how low the bids were and knew people were making out big time!
1 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

That would have been amazing if you had your bid in, but somehow I think I would have been like Gemsnob and would have not been able to get my bid in. In fact I probably would have wasted the whole day trying to get in on a deal like that.
3 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

geminigirl wrote:
4 years ago
Hello,

I had a different customer report a pricing concern (opposite way though item was to high). The web team was able to get it corrected. I will check in with them to see if anything occurred that could have caused that. Hope you have a great day!
1 x