Blossom this one's for you---Horse Goat or Dog?

JewelryQueen

Blossom this one's for you---Horse Goat or Dog?

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I am a country girl with a capital C and capital G. I lived on a beautiful piece of land just a short walk to a state park with an amazing lake. I had a 180 lb mastiff rottweiler mix rescue dog named Hoss (remember Bonanza?) Put a 10 gallon hat on and that's him. I also had a "Heidi" style goat named Clearcut who was potty and leash trained, and they both let me live with them.
OK so we (dog goat and I) go for a walk to the lake. It is a lovely warm day so everyone in the free world and their dog is there. Pun intended. Most folks like animals so I am not surprised when a lady and about 7-8 girls all about the same age approach to pet my guys. I am surprised however when the lady points to my goat and asked what kind of dog is that? I explain that he is a goat. Then she hears me call Hoss and inquires as to what type of horse is he? Seriously??? Next she asks how much I charge to take pictures with them?
Now it's dawning on me. So I ask this girl scout leader (and I use the term loosely) what part of the city she is from. She mentions a very exclusive suburb. You know the one where they make black tennis dresses so they can attend funerals.
Clearcut Hoss and I laughed all the way home!
6 x

RS

Re: Blossom this one's for you---Horse Goat or Dog?

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I am a country girl with a capital C and capital G. I lived on a beautiful piece of land just a short walk to a state park with an amazing lake. I had a 180 lb mastiff rottweiler mix rescue dog named Hoss (remember Bonanza?) Put a 10 gallon hat on and that's him. I also had a "Heidi" style goat named Clearcut who was potty and leash trained, and they both let me live with them.
OK so we (dog goat and I) go for a walk to the lake. It is a lovely warm day so everyone in the free world and their dog is there. Pun intended. Most folks like animals so I am not surprised when a lady and about 7-8 girls all about the same age approach to pet my guys. I am surprised however when the lady points to my goat and asked what kind of dog is that? I explain that he is a goat. Then she hears me call Hoss and inquires as to what type of horse is he? Seriously??? Next she asks how much I charge to take pictures with them?
Now it's dawning on me. So I ask this girl scout leader (and I use the term loosely) what part of the city she is from. She mentions a very exclusive suburb. You know the one where they make black tennis dresses so they can attend funerals.
Clearcut Hoss and I laughed all the way home!

Oh dear lord!
Loveeee the name Clearcut!

When I was a kid and teen I had horses. All the way up to adulthood. In fact, my then boyfriend (now husband of over 30years) bought me a horse as one of the first gifts he gave me.

All of my horses had goats as companions. When I was at school or work they needed a friend to keep them from being bored. Didn’t want them to start cribbing.

The last one was a Pygmy...Rosie. She was so adorable. I would walk her around town like a dog. People often asked what kind of DOG she was! 🤣🤣
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

We are DOOMED. Those people all reproduce. Yep, doomed I tell you. :shock:
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Yes....but we will go down laughing ❣
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
My dad and step mom used to have horses and goats. I remember one year when twins were born. We brought them in to show the kids ( human kids) and they made so much noise because we took them from mamma. Babies are so cute! But you cant leave anything out including ash trays or they try to eat the cigarette butts! I miss those days though....
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Okay.seriously. what is it with horses and goats,
I grew up around horses ...we didn't have goats ⁉️
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Okay.seriously. what is it with horses and goats,
I grew up around horses ...we didn't have goats ⁉️
No goats? They make the BEST companions/pets for horses!
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Actually Clearcut was a twin. His brother named Houdini was my hubby's goat. They were orphaned at birth and bottle fed and they NEVER butted and they themselves really thought they were dogs. We could take them in the RV and when we heard a certain bleat it was time to pull over and give the kids a potty break.
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
My dad and step mom used to have horses and goats. I remember one year when twins were born. We brought them in to show the kids ( human kids) and they made so much noise because we took them from mamma. Babies are so cute! But you cant leave anything out including ash trays or they try to eat the cigarette butts! I miss those days though....
I used to give mine hot grain...just for fun. I was young.
But Omg It was so funny!
To see a goat running up and down the deck and property, fishtailing, flipping etc. 🤣
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Actually Clearcut was a twin. His brother named Houdini was my hubby's goat. They were orphaned at birth and bottle fed and they NEVER butted and they themselves really thought they were dogs. We could take them in the RV and when we heard a certain bleat it was time to pull over and give the kids a potty break.
Mine only butted out of affection...not hard. We never trimmed their horns. I actually would use their horns as a handle to move them out of the way when they were pestering.
4 x