Blossom this one's for you---Horse Goat or Dog?

Gypsy

Re: Blossom this one's for you---Horse Goat or Dog?

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Okay.seriously. what is it with horses and goats,
I grew up around horses ...we didn't have goats ⁉️
No goats? They make the BEST companions/pets for horses!
Not doubting that , but the horse ranch I was always around didn't have goats . And ya'll are the first I ever heard of having both together.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

Yes....but we will go down laughing ❣
My dad and step mom used to have horses and goats. I remember one year when twins were born. We brought them in to show the kids ( human kids) and they made so much noise because we took them from mamma. Babies are so cute! But you cant leave anything out including ash trays or they try to eat the cigarette butts! I miss those days though....
I used to give mine hot grain...just for fun. I was young.
But Omg It was so funny!
To see a goat running up and down the deck and property, fishtailing, flipping etc. 🤣
Is hot grain like "goat speed" ??
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Okay.seriously. what is it with horses and goats,
I grew up around horses ...we didn't have goats ⁉️
No goats? They make the BEST companions/pets for horses!
Not doubting that , but the horse ranch I was always around didn't have goats . And ya'll are the first I ever heard of having both together.
They are so cute together. Almost like God created them for one another.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

My dad and step mom used to have horses and goats. I remember one year when twins were born. We brought them in to show the kids ( human kids) and they made so much noise because we took them from mamma. Babies are so cute! But you cant leave anything out including ash trays or they try to eat the cigarette butts! I miss those days though....
I used to give mine hot grain...just for fun. I was young.
But Omg It was so funny!
To see a goat running up and down the deck and property, fishtailing, flipping etc. 🤣
Is hot grain like "goat speed" ??

Well yeah...it kinda acted like that. It is all natural. It had more protein and usually molasses that resulted in the goats going a bit berserk. They loved it and we loved to watch!
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Some people have a very dim light on, lol. I had a friend that raised cows and some guy from the city decided to go hunting, yes you guessed it he shot and killed one of her cows and the idiot took it in to get tagged, he thought he had killed a deer and was all proud of it. He had to pay her for the cow.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Some people have a very dim light on, lol. I had a friend that raised cows and some guy from the city decided to go hunting, yes you guessed it he shot and killed one of her cows and the idiot took it in to get tagged, he thought he had killed a deer and was all proud of it. He had to pay her for the cow.
WTH? Omg how awful.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
What a sad world we live in that people dont know the difference between goats and dogs and deer and cows. I mean, thats what I taught my kids when they were toddlers. :shock:
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I am a country girl with a capital C and capital G. I lived on a beautiful piece of land just a short walk to a state park with an amazing lake. I had a 180 lb mastiff rottweiler mix rescue dog named Hoss (remember Bonanza?) Put a 10 gallon hat on and that's him. I also had a "Heidi" style goat named Clearcut who was potty and leash trained, and they both let me live with them.
OK so we (dog goat and I) go for a walk to the lake. It is a lovely warm day so everyone in the free world and their dog is there. Pun intended. Most folks like animals so I am not surprised when a lady and about 7-8 girls all about the same age approach to pet my guys. I am surprised however when the lady points to my goat and asked what kind of dog is that? I explain that he is a goat. Then she hears me call Hoss and inquires as to what type of horse is he? Seriously??? Next she asks how much I charge to take pictures with them?
Now it's dawning on me. So I ask this girl scout leader (and I use the term loosely) what part of the city she is from. She mentions a very exclusive suburb. You know the one where they make black tennis dresses so they can attend funerals.
Clearcut Hoss and I laughed all the way home!
That's a day you won't soon forget! I think your pack obviously much more interesting than mine! When I walk my dogs, I only have a train of cats following us. Of course everyone driving by has seen us & I have gotten kidded about the spectacle we evidently make! Yes, I absolutely remember Hoss! I'll bet your Hoss would wear his hat well & Mr Cartwright would be pleased. I'm sure Clearcut stole the show. And you are right, they own us!
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

All through childhood there were cattle, chickens, one horse, dogs, cats & pigs. Had a pet pig "Peanut". I would walk to the barn (almost 1/4 mile from house) just to get this pig out of barn lot so he could follow me back to house. We hung out quite often. Seems ridiculous now that I actually put it into words. But, never had a goat!
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Yep Blossom they were a pretty good pack. Not better just different. So you did not have a goat but I had two pigs Millhouse and Brickhouse. And yes Mill was named for Pres Nixon. Say Gem- funny you should mention the dolt who shot the cow. I used to have white blankets with the word GOAT in two foot high red letters on the boys just to avoid the dumbs**t factor during hunting season.
5 x