well, I just blew my entire budget ....

scoobydoo

well, I just blew my entire budget ....

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

... at a competitor. Burmese ruby ring and earrings, in silver, with halo of clear, clean, bright zircons. A 9x7 in the ring and 8x6 in the studs, combined 4.60ctw. Aaaand they were cheaper than what I just looked at on SLC online, much cheaper! (Most of those are with diamonds but even in the photos, you can see they're cloudy and milky. The ones with zircons are much smaller stones and carats, and still more $ than what I just spent.) Also, if/when I get buyer's remorse, there won't be a problem returning one or both items. Actually, I do have a lovely ruby (Niassa) * ring in a floral design with marquise stones from SLC that was one of my first purchases ages ago. But Burmese at rock bottom prices ... be still my heart.

Sooo ... I won't be buying anything at SLC for a long, long time. But I'll still come here and play with you guys ... 'cuz I can't keep from checking what's being offered on air or online. Yeah, I'm a jewelry junkie, just can't stop the looking, LOL. And it will be interesting to see what, if anything, improves in the New Year.

** how weird, this forum's word checking algorithm doesn't like the term c0*ktail, even tho that word is used by SLC itself and on the website!! Whaaat?? I wonder if I talked about those drinks one has before dinner would they also be asterisked out?? Jiminy Cricket.
5 x

RS

Re: well, I just blew my entire budget ....

Post by RS » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
... at a competitor. Burmese ruby ring and earrings, in silver, with halo of clear, clean, bright zircons. A 9x7 in the ring and 8x6 in the studs, combined 4.60ctw. Aaaand they were cheaper than what I just looked at on SLC online, much cheaper! (Most of those are with diamonds but even in the photos, you can see they're cloudy and milky. The ones with zircons are much smaller stones and carats, and still more $ than what I just spent.) Also, if/when I get buyer's remorse, there won't be a problem returning one or both items. Actually, I do have a lovely ruby (Niassa) * ring in a floral design with marquise stones from SLC that was one of my first purchases ages ago. But Burmese at rock bottom prices ... be still my heart.

Sooo ... I won't be buying anything at SLC for a long, long time. But I'll still come here and play with you guys ... 'cuz I can't keep from checking what's being offered on air or online. Yeah, I'm a jewelry junkie, just can't stop the looking, LOL. And it will be interesting to see what, if anything, improves in the New Year.

** how weird, this forum's word checking algorithm doesn't like the term c0*ktail, even tho that word is used by SLC itself and on the website!! Whaaat?? I wonder if I talked about those drinks one has before dinner would they also be asterisked out?? Jiminy Cricket.

So glad you scored! Okay...it’s another site. SLC take note!!
Your home is still here...with us❣️❣️
4 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago

I LOVE ❤️ those earrings! Almost got them myself ! Report back after you get them please. Ring was beautiful too
3 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago

Wow...saw those earrings and almost purchased but decided to wait...I hope you are able to enjoy your purchase as they looked really pretty on air!!!!
1 x