Garnet Lovers

Lulu

Garnet Lovers

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Karis Lotus Garnet ring - 3419581. The garnets are really lovely and are a different color from pyrope, rhodolites - raspberry & purple, rose or color change or color shift. I see a lot of pinks and at times champagne coming through. At $8.49 plus 30% off it is worth it just to see the color. I'm buying another one for a replacement should I need it.

I don't know how SLC gets away with calling it Lotus because that is trademarked by Parle Gems. They have a contract for all of these garnets from the Mahenge region of Tanzania. Craig said these stones were purchased from the Hong Kong trade show.
3 x

Gemsnob

Re: Garnet Lovers

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
Karis Lotus Garnet ring - 3419581. The garnets are really lovely and are a different color from pyrope, rhodolites - raspberry & purple, rose or color change or color shift. I see a lot of pinks and at times champagne coming through. At $8.49 plus 30% off it is worth it just to see the color. I'm buying another one for a replacement should I need it.

I don't know how SLC gets away with calling it Lotus because that is trademarked by Parle Gems. They have a contract for all of these garnets from the Mahenge region of Tanzania. Craig said these stones were purchased from the Hong Kong trade show.
I did a search on SLC for "Lotus garnet" and came up with two more items. 3527266 is a bolo bracelet and 3478052 is a Peruvian opal bangle bracelet with lotus garnet accents. I didnt check to see if the coupon applies but the bolo bracelet was $9.99 a few minutes ago.
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

This is a beautiful ring and the price is really good. I love Garnet and would love to have this same design but a little bigger in size. Thanks for sharing!!!!
2 x

LisaC2019

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Lulu wrote:
4 years ago

I did a search on SLC for "Lotus garnet" and came up with two more items. 3527266 is a bolo bracelet and 3478052 is a Peruvian opal bangle bracelet with lotus garnet accents. I didnt check to see if the coupon applies but the bolo bracelet was $9.99 a few minutes ago.
I own that Peruvian opal bangle bracelet and the opal size is paired really well with the size of the garnet and the colors are stunning. This was one of my first purchases when the Peruvian opal was introduced.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

If any of you ladies see a unique garnet ring that is not Karis please let me know as I am still looking for something for sissy. The plating on Karis rings always wears off within like two wearings and then the ugly base metal shows through and makes my fingers green and itchy. Occasionally I buy a Karish ring and re-set the stones but do not have the time or energy right now.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
If any of you ladies see a unique garnet ring that is not Karis please let me know as I am still looking for something for sissy. The plating on Karis rings always wears off within like two wearings and then the ugly base metal shows through and makes my fingers green and itchy. Occasionally I buy a Karish ring and re-set the stones but do not have the time or energy right now.
I got this one during the doorbusters. It’s very very nice...

The many others I have (that are not flawed) they don’t show listed anymore. Garnet is my birthstone!
3 x

LisaC2019

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I sure will JewelryQueen!!!
0 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Theres a garnet ring on right now. A cluster, purple garnet, $47.99.
MA20371
1 x

LisaC2019

RS wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I got this one during the doorbusters. It’s very very nice...

The many others I have (that are not flawed) they don’t show listed anymore. Garnet is my birthstone!
RS the Mozambique garnet is one of my favorite stones and I really like the openwork designs!!
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Thanks for the input. Going to check them out now. Garnet is my sister's birthstone and she has every kind except demantoid which I am not fond of so she will have to buy that for herself. My to favorites are pyrope and color change.
2 x