Garnet Lovers

Gemsnob

Re: Garnet Lovers

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JTV has been showing some garnet pieces as well. Its their brand of what looks like Pyrope but I could be wrong.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
JTV has been showing some garnet pieces as well. Its their brand of what looks like Pyrope but I could be wrong.
Pyrope?

Please explain?
0 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Pyrope?

Please explain?
Its the name of the most well known garnet, the red garnet but some networks trademark their own name. Theres pyrope, almondine, grossular, spessertite, demantoid.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Pyrope?

Please explain?
Its the name of the most well known garnet, the red garnet but some networks trademark their own name. Theres pyrope, almondine, grossular, spessertite, demantoid.
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Pyrope basically references fire. It is also called ant hill garnet. It is a deep vibrant red with none of the brown tone in some garnets. It is beautiful but unfortunately does not grow in very big sizes
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Now I know what it is. I have a pretty but very small Anthill garnet ring
2 x

Gemsnob

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Pyrope basically references fire. It is also called ant hill garnet. It is a deep vibrant red with none of the brown tone in some garnets. It is beautiful but unfortunately does not grow in very big sizes
Well kind of. Ant Hill garnet is a type of Pyrope but not all Pyrope is Ant Hill if that makes sense.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Right you are Gemsnob. More people seem to know Ant Hill name vs Pyrope. Aren't those videos of the ants pushing those nasty gemstones out of their way so they can get sand out of their hole hilarious?
3 x

Gemsnob

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Right you are Gemsnob. More people seem to know Ant Hill name vs Pyrope. Aren't those videos of the ants pushing those nasty gemstones out of their way so they can get sand out of their hole hilarious?
Yes! Ive always wondered why people just collect the garnets and dont dig for them. If ants are pushing them to the surface, it stands to reason there are more down there unless they are fire ants.I guess they know what they are doing and thats why they are doing it and Im not!
1 x

JewelryQueen

So ladies, just checking out the rings etc. you suggested. The purple garnet is lovely and kind of what I was looking for but sissy does not wear a size 5 which is all they have left. I was actually looking at the pink opal bracelet with the garnet accents awhile back but did not think I would like garnet with pink opal; but this color garnet I might reconsider. Really like the lotus color. Too bad my Christmas money is spent! Sigh
2 x