We- the few- the informed

JewelryQueen

We- the few- the informed

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Got a pink sapphire pendant for sissy's best friend. Score! Get this... pink is her favorite color and sapphire is her birthstone and she had no idea sapphire comes in pink (or green or yellow or orange or white for that matter). She is wealthy and has tons of jewelry. Don't know why this situation struck me as funny but it did.
4 x

RS

Re: We- the few- the informed

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Got a pink sapphire pendant for sissy's best friend. Score! Get this... pink is her favorite color and sapphire is her birthstone and she had no idea sapphire comes in pink (or green or yellow or orange or white for that matter). She is wealthy and has tons of jewelry. Don't know why this situation struck me as funny but it did.
All I had was white with a few colored (sapphire and one mystic topaz) in my boxes. I went searching for colored gemstone jewelry. I landed here.
Not sure now if that’s a good thing.
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Perhaps being wealthy, pink is her favorite color, and she had no idea sapphires come in pink :lol: Glad she liked her gift!!!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

And when I say sapphire... I meant blue.
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
All I had was white with a few colored (sapphire and one mystic topaz) in my boxes. I went searching for colored gemstone jewelry. I landed here.
Back in the early '90s, all I had was diamonds, a strand of pearls with matching studs and a smidgen of gold. Upon discovering HSN, the gates of hades opened and I'm still addicted.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Back in the early '90s, all I had was diamonds, a strand of pearls with matching studs and a smidgen of gold. Upon discovering HSN, the gates of hades opened and I'm still addicted.
Me too! I only had a few pieces that were gifted to me and my wedding set. Now I could run a retail store!
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Me too, have so much jewelry but honestly don’t have but 2 sapphires in settings. I honestly don’t know who to leave it all to because all we have is grandsons and our daughter doesn’t wear jewelry much. 😂 Guess I will have to sell it for a dream vacation one day :lol:
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Just be careful if the pink sapphire is from Iliakaka, or the blue is Masaola sapphire. Both are FISSURE FILLED, which means they were cracked and not stable enough to make jewelry, until glass or another filler was used to fill the cracks and enhance the color and clarity. They look pretty, but treat them like you would GLASS. They are very weak and brittle and will break up in a jewelry cleaning machine, like ultrasonic ones. My beautiful Niassa Ruby necklace from SLC was fissure filled and exploded in my ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. Shoplc should have warned me, either by hosts or accompanying literature, not to clean that way. The value of older pieces of jewelry is not only for Antique value. What you saw is what you got in older stones. None of these enhancement methods were available. Chances are those OLD pieces will outlast much newer stones.
3 x