OMG - I WAS an axe murderer in a former life

JewelryQueen

OMG - I WAS an axe murderer in a former life

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

A little background...broke my little toe at Christmas...My best friend's soul mate shuffled off this mortal coil and she needed a date for a New Years gala that she paid big bucks for- so I can't say no (she is a redhead so I rarely say no anyhow).

So I'm getting ready to go to this soiree. Freshly showered. Blow drying my hair...and BAM the lights go out. Really? Drunks running into power poles at 8 at night? Well it has been raining non-stop for about 10 days. I'm about to start making drinking an Olympic sport myself. This is a command performance so I dig out a candle, a roll of toilet paper, my Superglue brand hairspray, and the trusty makeup bag. "A ROLL of toilet paper?" you say. Got to make some fat twists for curlers since I don't own any, don't I?. Onwards I begin applying my makeup by candle light (hopefully without setting the paper curlers soaked with hairspray alight--shades of Michael Jackson!) As I am applying the finishing touches the lights come on. OMG!!! I look like Ronald Macdonalds demented younger sister. Note to self: Low candlelight is not the preferred method for applying makeup. Time's a wasting...get dressed I say to myself. I'm trying on dresses when it becomes painfully apparent that it appears I have not laid down my fork since Thanksgiving. Spanks for the memories I say. So now footwear. Oh right... i haven't been able to cram my broken toe into shoes for about a week. I don't think the Christmas ribbons tying my toes together with the festive rhinestone brooch will work this time. To the summer end of the closet and don't spare the horses! A a pair of sandals that don't touch my toe to the rescue!

Bottom line we did not drown, get arrested, set anything or anyone on fire, get in an accident or make fools of ourselves. And it really was a lovely bash with a speakeasy theme. Much better than the N Y Eve I had to drive myself to the hospital in labor and gave birth a month early with no doctor in attendance. Yep, for sure beat that one!

Call me the eternal optimist but I think this new year is going to be a doosey! Hope you all had fun.
7 x

Lulu

Re: OMG - I WAS an axe murderer in a former life

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

"Bottom line we did not drown, get arrested, set anything or anyone on fire, get in an accident or make fools of ourselves."

I'm sorry you didn't have any fun. :lol: Better luck next year.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
"Bottom line we did not drown, get arrested, set anything or anyone on fire, get in an accident or make fools of ourselves."

I'm sorry you didn't have any fun. :lol: Better luck next year.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
2 x

JewelryQueen

Actually once we got there it was a blast The servers were all in matching flapper dresses. They had a gentleman doing tap dancing routines on the ballroom floor a la Gene Kelley with a big band playing throughout the night. They projected old movies, dance contests from the era and some Billie Holiday clips on one wall. (Billie is one of my favorites) They even had cigarette girls with trays handing out candy cigarettes and cigars made of cannolis. They had old claw foot bathtubs filled with iced pop, an old time picture studio with gangster props,, etc. etc.

A fun time was had by all!
8 x

geminigirl

Post by geminigirl » 4 years ago

You are hysterical. I am pretty sure we are related because now I sing the song "Grandma got ran over by a stock cart shopping at "The "Mart" Thanksgiving Eve. to the tune of Grandma got run over by a Reindeer. If it's gonna happen to someone, it will probably happen to us, right? and we just have to make the best of it... Glad you had a good time! We played cards at my mom's - it's a NYE tradition and since my rotator cuff is torn, I had help with the dealing when it was my turn.
5 x

JewelryQueen

Mea Culpa Only way I know how to do this Sooo Sorry
1 x