4 years ago
I would love to buy more but between shipping and taxes it can double item cost
I was looking at a 30.00 item
With 30% off and taxes and shipping
The final invoice was still at 30 bucks
The discount only covered the shipping and taxes
Shame!!!
Took the items back out of my cart since it really wasnot a sale
hello TC, was this a lifestyle item? I know those are usually the one's that have the higher shipping. And happy new year :).
2 x

Lulu

Re: Shipping makes items unaffordable

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

ShopLC has the lowest s&h of any of the shopping channels. The others typically charge $6 or $7 to ship a jewelry item. The Gem Shopping Network charges so much they don't even reveal it 'til you're getting out your wallet.
3 x

TC

Post by TC » 4 years ago

No
Anything with shipping over 2.99 i will not even consider
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Personally I would like a graduated shipping charge schedule.

1 item $3

2 items $5.50

3 items $5.00

4 items $8

5 items $10 and so forth up to 10 items

We all know they can fit 10 rings, pendants etc in one package and it does NOT cost $30 for them to ship it!
9 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
ShopLC has the lowest s&h of any of the shopping channels. The others typically charge $6 or $7 to ship a jewelry item. The Gem Shopping Network charges so much they don't even reveal it 'til you're getting out your wallet.
Yes they do have some of the lowest shipping charges but if you are a person that doesn't buy over 10 items a day shipping and taxes can be a good part of the total cost. The other day earrings with 5 different options were presented and the cost was $1.99 with $2.99 shipping. If you wanted to do the buy all and that's your only purchase that day the cost would be $9.95 plus shipping $14.95 and $2 tax for a total of $26.90 and no discount...that's not a good deal for me.
8 x

TC

Post by TC » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
Yep and guess what
Never bought a single item from any of them
From hsn and qvc will only buy w free shipping
There is nothing i need that bad that i will accrue hundreds of dollars in shipping fees in a year
6 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

For a long time, the low shipping costs were a big part of the SLC schtick.
It was a big bragged about deal.
So the fact that shipping is now an erratic roller coaster, it's a big deal. At least to me.
4 x

Hollie

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
Yes they do have some of the lowest shipping charges but if you are a person that doesn't buy over 10 items a day shipping and taxes can be a good part of the total cost. The other day earrings with 5 different options were presented and the cost was $1.99 with $2.99 shipping. If you wanted to do the buy all and that's your only purchase that day the cost would be $9.95 plus shipping $14.95 and $2 tax for a total of $26.90 and no discount...that's not a good deal for me.
In the old days, that would have had a .99 shipping charge. (Each)
Kevin would charge more to ship then the cost.
0 x

Hollie

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
In the old days, that would have had a .99 shipping charge. (Each)
Kevin would'nt charge more to ship then the cost.
2 x