IT'S JUST TOO MUCH WORK.

Catticus

IT'S JUST TOO MUCH WORK.

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I couldn't get the bye2019 or hi2020 codes to work AT ALL.

I spent HOURS trying to get those codes to work and each time my cart had ELIGIBLE items.

Now I can't get the mega60 one to work. Again, I have ELIGIBLE items in my cart.

Now, I can't even get IN my cart.

I cannot keep fighting for a simple purchase.

I NEVER have these problems when purchasing ANYTHING else online on OTHER websites, be it The River, clothing online, shoes, food, toys, EVERYTHING...including JEWELRY.

It should not be a "battle" to get a code to work, or to even get into my cart.

I should not constantly be receiving screen notices that state their website is having issues...We're sorry, something went wrong..." "We're sorry, we're currently experiencing website difficulties..." "We apologize, but we're currently experiencing technical difficulties..."

It's just TOO MUCH WORK. I shop online to avoid "battling crowds" and LONG LINES, yet whenever I try to use a code on SLC, it's WORSE than the busiest day of the year in a brick and mortar store.

I FEEL like I shopped for hours, days, at a big store on Black Friday, having things grabbed out of my hands and cart. Like I've been pushed and shoved around by the frenzied crowd, finally arriving at aisle 8, where I wait HOURS to get to the checkout, and once I'm FINALLY THERE, I am told: "Sorry, it's not working...go to aisle 115".

So, battling the crowds and trying to keep my items from being grabbed out of my cart, I get all the way to aisle 115, where I again wait HOURS and finally reach the checkout...where I am told "Sorry, it's not working...go to aisle 8."

I don't think it's right that I "stood in line" for HOURS, YES HOURS, trying to get their bye2019 code to work, and then again their hi2020 code to work.

Because of THEIR website issues, I lost out on items I've been wanting for a very long time.

I cannot keep "fighting" this website. I have enough stress in my life, and my BP gets higher when I purchase (TRY TO PURCHASE) from SLC.

It's not right. Hours spent for days, and now I cannot get this code to work, either.

I don't WANT to call. I don't want to talk. I want to peruse leisurely and then purchase.

That's why I purchase things ONLINE.

SLC should honor BOTH CODES; bye2019 and hi2020 for me.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I fought with their website for HOURS and HOURS when they had those codes.

Some items are still in my cart, I still had a few more to add, some were sold out afterwards, and now I lost out on all of these items because of THEIR WEBSITE ISSUES.

That's like me being inside a store, having their registers "glitch", while I wait for it to work for HOURS, and then the employees saying "Sorry. The time frame for our sale code is up."

NO STORE WOULD EVER DO THAT.

So why does SLC?
Last edited by Catticus 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

Lulu

Re: IT'S JUST TOO MUCH WORK.

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

The website is so busy flashing their stupid ads that I don't know how anyone manages to buy anything. It takes 3 or 4 clicks for me to even get logged in or out or pull up an item to view. It is no longer a user friendly site.
3 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago

I spent HOURS trying to get those codes to work and each time my cart had ELIGIBLE items.

Now I can't get the mega60 one to work. Again, I have ELIGIBLE items in my cart.

I NEVER have these problems when purchasing ANYTHING else online on OTHER websites, be it The River, clothing online, shoes, food, toys, EVERYTHING...including JEWELRY.

I should not constantly be receiving screen notices that state their website is having issues...We're sorry, something went wrong..." "We're sorry, we're currently experiencing website difficulties..." "We apologize, but we're currently experiencing technical difficulties..."

It's just TOO MUCH WORK. I shop online to avoid "battling crowds" and LONG LINES, yet whenever I try to use a code on SLC, it's WORSE than the busiest day of the year in a brick and mortar store.

I FEEL like I shopped for hours, days, at a big store on Black Friday, having things grabbed out of my hands and cart. Like I've been pushed and shoved around by the frenzied crowd, finally arriving at aisle 8, where I wait HOURS to get to the checkout, and once I'm FINALLY THERE, I am told: "Sorry, it's not working...go to aisle 115".

So, battling the crowds and trying to keep my items from being grabbed out of my cart, I get all the way to aisle 115, where I again wait HOURS and finally reach the checkout...where I am told "Sorry, it's not working...go to aisle 8."

I don't think it's right that I "stood in line" for HOURS, YES HOURS, trying to get their bye2019 code to work, and then again their hi2020 code to work.

Because of THEIR website issues, I lost out on items I've been wanting for a very long time.

I cannot keep "fighting" this website. I have enough stress in my life, and my BP gets higher when I purchase (TRY TO PURCHASE) from SLC.

It's not right. Hours spent for days, and now I cannot get this code to work, either.

I don't WANT to call. I don't want to talk. I want to peruse leisurely and then purchase.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I fought with their website for HOURS and HOURS when they had those codes.

Some items are still in my cart, I still had a few more to add, some were sold out afterwards, and now I lost out on all of these items because of THEIR WEBSITE ISSUES.

That's like me being inside a store, having their registers "glitch", while I wait for it to work for HOURS, and then the employees saying "Sorry. The time frame for our sale code is up."

So why does SLC?
Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your experiences with the site recently. I am glad to have someone reach out to you so we can make sure this is addressed. May I have your permission to contact you?
1 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Unfortunately, unless a coupon amount and code is showing when you click on the item you want, it wont work at checkout. Shoplc should explain that to customers, so they dont waste time trying to get coupons to work. At one point about 1 year ago there were SLC external coupons posted on Retailmenot which worked with many shoplc items. Then Shoplc started accepting only their own website coupons, and only on certain items. If I liked a item I would click on it to see if it will work with a coupon. If yes, I still had to enter the coupon code at checkout.
3 x

Catticus

Lulu wrote: ↑
4 years ago
The website is so busy flashing their stupid ads that I don't know how anyone manages to buy anything. It takes 3 or 4 clicks for me to even get logged in or out or pull up an item to view. It is no longer a user friendly site.
I agree! It's like being in a lit up, lights constantly flashing, noisy NOT "Fun House"!

There's absolutely NO SOUND, yet I feel as if there is!

And it takes so long to get logged in!

Then, when I'm FINALLY logged in, I am ASSAULTED with squares everywhere, of different colors, filled with "WORDS" "WORDS" "WORDS" inside these boxes, and LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET ALLLL OVER THE PLACE.

**CLEARANCE!**

**CODE!**

**TLV!**

**BALI!**

And a billion other colors, letters, words and phrases that I DO NOT EVEN REMEMBER!

All I know is it's like having bright lights flash over and over right in front of my eyes.

It's cluttered; it's too much on one page; it's DISTRACTING!

It is WAY TOO MUCH to process at one time...and it reminds me EXACTLY of...

THEIR HOSTS' PRESENTATIONS!

NOISY, CLUTTERED, JUMPY, "IN YOUR FACE", PUSHY, MESSY, DISJOINTED, TOO MANY WORDS! WORDS! WORDS!

Again, with some hosts, it's like an assault!

And YES. It gives me a headache, and I find myself wanting to shield my eyes!

I just want to find the section with items as quickly as I can, because I feel like I need to "get away" from all the stimulation.

I just realized that after being on here, I am mentally (and it feels physically) EXHAUSTED after what ALWAYS feel like "fighting" with SLC's website.

Indeed YES, flashing lights CAN, and often DO, cause all types of seizures, to those who experience them. And HEADACHES.

Jewelry will sell itself without unnecessary Carnival Tactics.

It's not just the presentations anymore that have changed..., so has the website!

It's like being stuck in a wacky cartoon nightmare!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
🀑 πŸ‘Ή πŸ€‘ 😈 πŸ‘½ πŸ€ͺ 🀩 πŸ‘Ί πŸ‘… πŸ‘€ πŸ‘ 🎩 πŸ•Έ πŸ’₯ πŸŒͺ 🎑 πŸŽ’πŸ“Έ πŸ“‘ πŸ’‘ πŸ’£ 🧨 🦠 πŸ’ˆ πŸŽ‰ ⚠️ πŸ†™ πŸ†• πŸ” πŸ”œ πŸ”™ πŸ”š πŸ”› πŸ“’πŸ”Š πŸ†˜ πŸ“Ά ♻️ ☒️ πŸ“΄ πŸ“³ ☣️ πŸ…°οΈ πŸ…±οΈ ❌ 🚫 ⁉️ 🚸 ⬅️ ↖️ ‴️ ‡️ ↗️ β†˜οΈ ➑️ πŸ” πŸ”„ ↩️ ⬇️ ⬆️ ⏳ πŸš€ 🚨 πŸš’ πŸ‘» 🐲 πŸŽͺ πŸš‘ 🚧 πŸ₯ πŸ€ ☎️ πŸ”¦ 🌐 πŸ™‰ 😱 🀯 😡

3 x

Catticus

Vicky wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Unfortunately, unless a coupon amount and code is showing when you click on the item you want, it wont work at checkout. Shoplc should explain that to customers, so they dont waste time trying to get coupons to work. At one point about 1 year ago there were SLC external coupons posted on Retailmenot which worked with many shoplc items. Then Shoplc started accepting only their own website coupons, and only on certain items. If I liked a item I would click on it to see if it will work with a coupon. If yes, I still had to enter the coupon code at checkout.
Hi Vicky 🌺

All my items had the coupon code amount next to them on each page they were on. They were all eligible.

I don't think their website can "handle" large orders, and it was time for them to fix that a long time ago.

UGH! πŸ™„
2 x

Catticus

Moderator_Danielle wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago

So why does SLC?
Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your experiences with the site recently. I am glad to have someone reach out to you so we can make sure this is addressed. May I have your permission to contact you?
Thank you @Moderator_Danielle 🌺

I need to rest a bit. My vision "fluctuates" after being online for long periods of time. I can't even see what I'm typing right now! The letters are blurry!

I do thank you for your response! That would be helpful.

Time to rest. πŸ€• πŸ€’

I hope you're having a good week! πŸ’ž πŸ₯° πŸ’ž
1 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Lulu wrote: ↑
4 years ago
I agree! It's like being in a lit up, lights constantly flashing, noisy NOT "Fun House"!

There's absolutely NO SOUND, yet I feel as if there is!

And it takes so long to get logged in!

Then, when I'm FINALLY logged in, I am ASSAULTED with squares everywhere, of different colors, filled with "WORDS" "WORDS" "WORDS" inside these boxes, and LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET ALLLL OVER THE PLACE.

**CLEARANCE!**

**CODE!**

**TLV!**

**BALI!**

And a billion other colors, letters, words and phrases that I DO NOT EVEN REMEMBER!

All I know is it's like having bright lights flash over and over right in front of my eyes.

It's cluttered; it's too much on one page; it's DISTRACTING!

It is WAY TOO MUCH to process at one time...and it reminds me EXACTLY of...

THEIR HOSTS' PRESENTATIONS!

NOISY, CLUTTERED, JUMPY, "IN YOUR FACE", PUSHY, MESSY, DISJOINTED, TOO MANY WORDS! WORDS! WORDS!

Again, with some hosts, it's like an assault!

And YES. It gives me a headache, and I find myself wanting to shield my eyes!

I just want to find the section with items as quickly as I can, because I feel like I need to "get away" from all the stimulation.

I just realized that after being on here, I am mentally (and it feels physically) EXHAUSTED after what ALWAYS feel like "fighting" with SLC's website.

Indeed YES, flashing lights CAN, and often DO, cause all types of seizures, to those who experience them. And HEADACHES.

Jewelry will sell itself without unnecessary Carnival Tactics.

It's not just the presentations anymore that have changed..., so has the website!

It's like being stuck in a wacky cartoon nightmare!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
🀑 πŸ‘Ή πŸ€‘ 😈 πŸ‘½ πŸ€ͺ 🀩 πŸ‘Ί πŸ‘… πŸ‘€ πŸ‘ 🎩 πŸ•Έ πŸ’₯ πŸŒͺ 🎑 πŸŽ’πŸ“Έ πŸ“‘ πŸ’‘ πŸ’£ 🧨 🦠 πŸ’ˆ πŸŽ‰ ⚠️ πŸ†™ πŸ†• πŸ” πŸ”œ πŸ”™ πŸ”š πŸ”› πŸ“’πŸ”Š πŸ†˜ πŸ“Ά ♻️ ☒️ πŸ“΄ πŸ“³ ☣️ πŸ…°οΈ πŸ…±οΈ ❌ 🚫 ⁉️ 🚸 ⬅️ ↖️ ‴️ ‡️ ↗️ β†˜οΈ ➑️ πŸ” πŸ”„ ↩️ ⬇️ ⬆️ ⏳ πŸš€ 🚨 πŸš’ πŸ‘» 🐲 πŸŽͺ πŸš‘ 🚧 πŸ₯ πŸ€ ☎️ πŸ”¦ 🌐 πŸ™‰ 😱 🀯 😡

Hi Catt
You’re 100% correct on flashing lights, jumpy
graphics, website problems. I get severe migraines and
many are triggered this way. I shop online because
it’s quick and I can get away from the stimulation.
The yelling doesn’t help either. I feel like you do
and can’t stand being on this site to shop. It’s very
much like being at a Black Friday sale at walmart. I
never go shopping if I can avoid it. It induces pain
and who needs that in their life? I come for the forum.
I really enjoy our group here and it gives me contact
with others. The forum has saved my life too many
times to count. How did you & sis do over the
holidays? I was thinking of you both.
Happy New Year πŸ’–πŸ˜‡πŸŒˆ
Last edited by Spooky 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Moderator_Danielle wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago

So why does SLC?
Hello,

Thank you @Moderator_Danielle 🌺

I need to rest a bit. My vision "fluctuates" after being online for long periods of time. I can't even see what I'm typing right now! The letters are blurry!

I do thank you for your response! That would be helpful.

Time to rest. πŸ€• πŸ€’

I hope you're having a good week! πŸ’ž πŸ₯° πŸ’ž
Hello,

Take a rest and just let me know when you feel more up to it :) Danielle.Jackson@shoplc.com. Even if I am not in the office I tend to check email at home to make things are in order. So I will make sure you get contacted.
1 x

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » 4 years ago

I also have encountered major problems with website. Ok until you get to check out. I have tried more times than I can remember to purchase an but I received the technical issues and try again later messages over and over. I thought maybe it was just a problem with my device or internet. Often I gave up.
I received an email that an item I had on my wish list price had dropped. By the time I actually got the site to work it said it was out of stock. It may have sold out soon after I received it or before I could by it. I have also received message that the price had dropped but when I checked it the price was higher. I thought when a store dropped a price it stayed that way. When it is on the tag it has been reduced they do not go back and put a higher price tag on it. I know it is about money but this is false advertising.
Do not list an item on the 20 or 30% sale site if it is not eligible.
May sound difficult to keep up with all of this but it is not difficult to increase prices of items the higher the discount is. One day it is 9.99 and have a 20 or 30% sale and it increases to 14.99 or higher. Then when you use the discount the amount you end up paying is the 9.99 it was too begin with.
We like Shop Lc.
I know regardless of how large you are the bottom line is making the largest profit at the end of the year. This goes for all businesses .
If you want to Deliver Joy stop treating your loyal customers as though they have the IQ of a turnip.
Newbies do not realize what you are doing but if they stay long enough and start noticing things they will feel like us. All stores have their tricks.
Some of the more expensive items I have purchased which for me have been expensive have had their stones fall out. Some I was at the right place at the right time and my husband glued them back . Some I did not find. This always happens after the thirty day refund policy has expired and I do not have proof of purchase.
The aluminum jewelery boxes with the latches have also had to be fixed by my husband. I have had the knobs on the boxes with pull out drawers break making it impossible to open . I have had to pry the drawer open and through it away. Unfortunately I did not notice one of the drawer a was not empty and three away some of my best pieces my husband had given to me over the years. I thought I had transferred everything into another box but I didn't. I was devastated. It was my fault but if the knobs on the velour boxes had not broken It would have never happened. I have thrown away more things than you can imagine.
I am not rich. I am not even sure if I was ever considered middle class.
Even though you get what you pay for was forever on my mind the prices and your promises of quality allowed me to have although some time briefly things I would not otherwise have.
My husband had retired . I really did not have money to throw away before but now I have less.
If I buy from Shop LC again it will be infrequent and under 10.
There is not a room in my house that does not have an item I purchased from you. I hung in there even though the not so great item I bought broke.
The fake sales. .The prolonged time spent on items I could not afford or want by over zealous host's the quality of items and the games you are playing have turned me away from you. I hate it. One since I have been sick Shop Lc was a family to me . Not anymore.
5 x