No sense shipping cost.

Gem Lover

No sense shipping cost.

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

So I was going to order the maple leaf jewelry box (the embossed metal ones) for $5.99 but noticed the shipping was $4.99 than I went on the website and saw you could get two of those boxes ( just an inch smaller) for $9.99 and the shipping for both was $2.99 so why is it they are charging $4.99 to ship one box but $2.99 to ship two boxes? I will tell you why to make money on the shipping to make up for the $5.99 price. Crooks! Do the people who do this think we will not notice these things?
6 x

Gemsnob

Re: No sense shipping cost.

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
So I was going to order the maple leaf jewelry box (the embossed metal ones) for $5.99 but noticed the shipping was $4.99 than I went on the website and saw you could get two of those boxes ( just an inch smaller) for $9.99 and the shipping for both was $2.99 so why is it they are charging $4.99 to ship one box but $2.99 to ship two boxes? I will tell you why to make money on the shipping to make up for the $5.99 price. Crooks! Do the people who do this think we will not notice these things?
But if you point out the fact that shipping is less for two, they will change it. Some things are just better left unsaid.
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@ Gemsnob: The point I was making is at they raised the shipping cost on the $5.99 box to make up the difference in the clearance price of the box so instead of paying the regular price of $9.99+$2.99 for shipping they are charging $5.99+4.99 so it is like you are still paying the regular price. That is not a clearance deal, they are being sneaky to still get their regular price by upping the shipping cost.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
@ Gemsnob: The point I was making is at they raised the shipping cost on the $5.99 box to make up the difference in the clearance price of the box so instead of paying the regular price of $9.99+$2.99 for shipping they are charging $5.99+4.99 so it is like you are still paying the regular price. That is not a clearance deal, they are being sneaky to still get their regular price by upping the shipping cost.
I understand. If you look at how many members are online and how many guests, yesterday and today there has been more than two guests almost always. Those are employees reading our comments. I dont even think its about feedback anymore I think they are on here most of the day. So we catch things that may benefit us and they will change it ASAP. Its obvious what they are doing with shipping if a tiny pin that doesnt weigh squat cost $5 to ship. They arent really going below their cost on anything. Just another instance where they are treating us like we are stupid Americans.
5 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

absolutely!
3 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

I have been saying that about this forum since day one ;) It is strictly a place that customers point out issues (known and unknown) and then the company will use that information to fix issues without having to pay for professional services. I don't mind giving some input or pointing out some issues but I paid for my knowledge and why should I help LC fix their problems so they can increase profits for free. A prime examples is always asking for screen shots...I didn't fall for that one :lol:
3 x