Shipped?

Gem Lover

Shipped?

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I was excited that my items had been invoiced and shipped so fast, I even said thank you for listening, what a joke and let down, those same orders that were shipped 8 days ago on Dec. 27, 2019 are still sitting in Texas, they have not left!
3 x

LisaC2019

Re: Shipped?

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I was excited that my items had been invoiced and shipped so fast, I even said thank you for listening, what a joke and let down, those same orders that were shipped 8 days ago on Dec. 27, 2019 are still sitting in Texas, they have not left!
I just experienced the same situation. An order showed shipped 12/22 and then two days later it finally reached the distribution center and then it gets lost in space to finally arrive on 1/2/2020. Then DHL states there was a delay and they give this generic apology (that means nothing to me)...no you just don't work around the clock like other shippers during the holidays. I do understand holiday closures but I placed several orders (on other sites) well after that date and those items arrived last week. Again, DHL is a waste of time in the food chain. Why not just use the postal service and UPS?
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

And then there is the US Postal Service. My PO has been outed on the local news for how unreliable it is. For example driving to the curb and hucking packages and hoping they hit somewhere near your door. Yes! Throwing them! I have had to literally hold my red-headed friend by her belt loops to keep her from leaping over the counter and throttling the clerk. She has returned the favor for me. Apparently attacking a postal employee is a felony and a Federal offense. I have my items shipped to sissy's house now.
4 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
And then there is the US Postal Service. My PO has been outed on the local news for how unreliable it is. For example driving to the curb and hucking packages and hoping they hit somewhere near your door. Yes! Throwing them! I have had to literally hold my red-headed friend by her belt loops to keep her from leaping over the counter and throttling the clerk. She has returned the favor for me. Apparently attacking a postal employee is a felony and a Federal offense. I have my items shipped to sissy's house now.
:lol: not a felony...there are many that would be grateful for a friend like you. I have a PO Box but would never send anything to it because every time I check there is someone else's mail in it. I think that the person putting the mail in the boxes is dyslexic because the box next to me is the mail I keep seeing when I check the box.

I think that box is owned by a business owner because there are always checks and invoices. The last time I tossed the mail through the box and it landed on the floor after telling them for months that they were putting the mail in the wrong box. I have not checked since then but they will get tired of me and hopefully start putting the mail in the right box.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I could live with getting someone else's mail if only I could just get mine too.

Or maybe have my outgoing mail delivered? I mailed a property tax payment 2 wks early The not-so-trusty sorting machine tore the envelope (although the delivery address was still legible)-- and for some reason known only to God the PO sent it to the lost mail center in California. It seems my mail needed a vacation because it languished there for over 2 wks. By the time they taped it to the back of a turtle and got it back to me, my tax payment was late and I owed interest and penalty. That time my dear friend held ME back by the belt loops. Thank God for jeans.

This same machine likewise molested a credit card payment. Temporarily out of checks I had purchased a money order from the PO for that payment. I took the mangled remains to the counter and requested a replacement check. It was stamped with a message that clearly stated that their machine had caused the damage. The clerk said I needed to pay $3 for another check! REALLY? I owe you $3, plus a late fee on my payment, plus a ding on my credit? I complained to the Postmaster who wrote a letter That along with photo copies of the evidence cleared my credit and reversed the late fee after weeks of hassling. And I should be happy because this all only cost me $3!!

The very next Saturday I go to pick up mail There was a small piece of wood propped under the door which must have become dislodged because when I try to go out the door is shut and I am locked in!!! Approx 40 minutes later someone came for their mail and let me out.
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I could live with getting someone else's mail if only I could just get mine too.

Or maybe have my outgoing mail delivered? I mailed a property tax payment 2 wks early The not-so-trusty sorting machine tore the envelope (although the delivery address was still legible)-- and for some reason known only to God the PO sent it to the lost mail center in California. It seems my mail needed a vacation because it languished there for over 2 wks. By the time they taped it to the back of a turtle and got it back to me, my tax payment was late and I owed interest and penalty. That time my dear friend held ME back by the belt loops. Thank God for jeans.

This same machine likewise molested a credit card payment. Temporarily out of checks I had purchased a money order from the PO for that payment. I took the mangled remains to the counter and requested a replacement check. It was stamped with a message that clearly stated that their machine had caused the damage. The clerk said I needed to pay $3 for another check! REALLY? I owe you $3, plus a late fee on my payment, plus a ding on my credit? I complained to the Postmaster who wrote a letter That along with photo copies of the evidence cleared my credit and reversed the late fee after weeks of hassling. And I should be happy because this all only cost me $3!!

The very next Saturday I go to pick up mail There was a small piece of wood propped under the door which must have become dislodged because when I try to go out the door is shut and I am locked in!!! Approx 40 minutes later someone came for their mail and let me out.
Now we know where the term "Going Postal" comes from. Its well deserved.
2 x