Anybody know the diff between earbuds and wonderbacks?

JewelryQueen

Anybody know the diff between earbuds and wonderbacks?

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Excuse my ignorance. Don't they do the same thing in keeping post earrings standing at attention instead of drooping? If so why are 3 sets of buds with polishing cloths the same price as 1 bud?
0 x

Gemsnob

Re: Anybody know the diff between earbuds and wonderbacks?

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Excuse my ignorance. Don't they do the same thing in keeping post earrings standing at attention instead of drooping? If so why are 3 sets of buds with polishing cloths the same price as 1 bud?
Are you talking about those things they are calling "ear nuts"? I think they are silicone but not really larger than a typical butterfly back. They stay on better because the silicone grips well. I hate that name though. Sounds so weird.
2 x

Gemsnob

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
AlsoI bought a pair of Wonderbacks and the first pair of studs I tried them on they wouldnt fit. The hole was too small. I noticed reviews said the same thing.
1 x

JewelryQueen

Thanks for the info! The earnuts say silver but probably the support portion is silicone with a silver "hole". Yeah the wonderbacks I got had a very tiny hole and only fit one pair of my earrings. Thanks again
2 x

Gemsnob

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks for the info! The earnuts say silver but probably the support portion is silicone with a silver "hole". Yeah the wonderbacks I got had a very tiny hole and only fit one pair of my earrings. Thanks again
They may be a bullet shaped back or butterfly back in silicone. Anyway, sorry I couldnt be of more help!
1 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
They may be a bullet shaped back or butterfly back in silicone. Anyway, sorry I couldnt be of more help!
That sounds like the backs we're already getting on most earrings.
I ordered the green and pink carved Jade studs and they both came with wonderbacks. I didn't find the wonderbacks to be very comfy. They seem too big for my ear.
2 x

Gemsnob

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I ordered the green and pink carved Jade studs and they both came with wonderbacks. I didn't find the wonderbacks to be very comfy. They seem too big for my ear.
I bought them to wear with some large black spinel studs. I hope they will fit them. Otherwise I may never know if they are comfortable or not. May end up being a waste of $10.
2 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

I bought them to wear with some large black spinel studs. I hope they will fit them. Otherwise I may never know if they are comfortable or not. May end up being a waste of $10.
I hope it's not a waste of more money and they actually fit the posts of your spinel.
I just know that tomorrow I'm going to sit with wonderbacks and studs and see what fits. Lol
2 x

Gemsnob

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago

I hope it's not a waste of more money and they actually fit the posts of your spinel.
I just know that tomorrow I'm going to sit with wonderbacks and studs and see what fits. Lol
Thank you and good luck tomorrow. I should probably do the same.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Thank you one and all. Personally I am not fond of silicone backs because while they are not uncomfortable I don't care for the sticky feel. Also they "grab" so well I sometimes struggle like the * to get them off. I think I got my wonderbacks here so hopefully the posts will fit on your earrings. My thought was if earrings have tiny posts the earring itself is not big enough or heavy enough to require support. Sort of like building an industrial strength bra for Twiggy. Good luck!
3 x