Items I received today.

Dragonfly

Re: Items I received today.

Post by Dragonfly » 4 years ago

I am glad I finally read something that wasn't so disheartening on this site. Most of the regulars go on and on how things are not good and other places have better items or this is wrong about the shipping or customer service or on and on. I am new to this site and I was thinking it isn't really where I need to be because of the harping and negativity---I try to be objective on the quality but positive about my space....I started second guessing everything after just a week on here!
I like most of the pieces I have purchased on ShopLC. I have always been treated respectfully on the customer service site. I have returned items that were not what I thought they were and though I would like them to bundle the items into one package instead of charging me separately for all of the individual items, it is what it is.
The main complaint I have is that the gems are usually just so beautiful and yet the settings often do not hold them and I lose good gems and have a lot of jewelry that I keep to "harvest" in case something in the future loses a stone--I have even suggested they go into jewelry repair since they have a more likely chance of matching the style and color and cut. I have spent tons of money on replacing gems because I loved the pieces. I think that silver is softer and that could be part of the issue--put the common report from my jeweler is that the stones come lose because they are held in place by too short or skimpy settings. The designs are unique--I think this is a tiny thing to correct and would take a lot of bad feelings out of the mix. I have pieces I love so much I do not wear them! I am too stressed that I will lose a stone. I now go to my jewelry with the best pieces and have them check the stones are in well enough and won't fall out right away. I don't want to be mean, but are the little Indian children working on these pieces in India? Third world countries often have different work standards than we do and this would help their families quite a bit--like it does in China--but children are not always able to do work that adults should be doing. I have no way of knowing this is even a possibility--I just was wondering if that was one reason the jewelry often falls apart. I don't know how to find out who is making up their work force.
After being on this site for one week, I now am worried that I have been tricked or fooled or something--these commenters make me second guess my jewelry and I used to love them. Now they make me feel I was duped or I was stupid to enjoy them. Good thing on the most expensive ones I have sprung for the appraisal. I have spent a ton of money on this site and I would hate to think I am so stupid to have purchased really bad stuff.
How can everything be bad and everything on the other sites so much better? Why would anyone willingly come here if the other sites are so good? I have been shopping here since 2007 and I know I have some really nice pieces and exotic gems --I was lucky to get some in beautiful gold when gold wasn't $1500.00 and ounce.
I hope I hear some other people who have a bit of faith in ShopLC and have found out the jewelry isn't as bad as some claim it is.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Dragonfly wrote:
4 years ago
I am glad I finally read something that wasn't so disheartening on this site. Most of the regulars go on and on how things are not good and other places have better items or this is wrong about the shipping or customer service or on and on. I am new to this site and I was thinking it isn't really where I need to be because of the harping and negativity---I try to be objective on the quality but positive about my space....I started second guessing everything after just a week on here!
I like most of the pieces I have purchased on ShopLC. I have always been treated respectfully on the customer service site. I have returned items that were not what I thought they were and though I would like them to bundle the items into one package instead of charging me separately for all of the individual items, it is what it is.
The main complaint I have is that the gems are usually just so beautiful and yet the settings often do not hold them and I lose good gems and have a lot of jewelry that I keep to "harvest" in case something in the future loses a stone--I have even suggested they go into jewelry repair since they have a more likely chance of matching the style and color and cut. I have spent tons of money on replacing gems because I loved the pieces. I think that silver is softer and that could be part of the issue--put the common report from my jeweler is that the stones come lose because they are held in place by too short or skimpy settings. The designs are unique--I think this is a tiny thing to correct and would take a lot of bad feelings out of the mix. I have pieces I love so much I do not wear them! I am too stressed that I will lose a stone. I now go to my jewelry with the best pieces and have them check the stones are in well enough and won't fall out right away. I don't want to be mean, but are the little Indian children working on these pieces in India? Third world countries often have different work standards than we do and this would help their families quite a bit--like it does in China--but children are not always able to do work that adults should be doing. I have no way of knowing this is even a possibility--I just was wondering if that was one reason the jewelry often falls apart. I don't know how to find out who is making up their work force.
After being on this site for one week, I now am worried that I have been tricked or fooled or something--these commenters make me second guess my jewelry and I used to love them. Now they make me feel I was duped or I was stupid to enjoy them. Good thing on the most expensive ones I have sprung for the appraisal. I have spent a ton of money on this site and I would hate to think I am so stupid to have purchased really bad stuff.
How can everything be bad and everything on the other sites so much better? Why would anyone willingly come here if the other sites are so good? I have been shopping here since 2007 and I know I have some really nice pieces and exotic gems --I was lucky to get some in beautiful gold when gold wasn't $1500.00 and ounce.
I hope I hear some other people who have a bit of faith in ShopLC and have found out the jewelry isn't as bad as some claim it is.
Dragonfly, I have fortunately not had the multitude of issues that some have experienced w/SLC. I have not lost faith in them & still order from SLC more than the other shopping networks. However, I am more selective in my choices these days because (thanks to SLC) I have more jewelry than I would have been able to afford at other networks.

As you said, SLC jewelry can loose stones, etc but some of my purchases from other sites have had same issues. I, also, have never had a negative experience w/team behind the scenes. They have always resolved any problems.

I'm sorry for all the issues many have dealt with regarding their purchases & hope SLC will always make things right for them.
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago

Happy you like your new gems!! I too received some new sparklies today...from ShopLC...three gorgeous pendants...a Neon Apatite, a Texas star cut Whiskey Quartz and a Larimar with Rhodolite garnet, two rings, a beautiful pair of earrings and the iEdge charging cable which I’m using as I write this! I also recently purchased about 23 items from JTV. And I must say the quality was not nearly as good as my ShopLC items! No finished backs on the pendants, no finished under galleries on the rings and the Kunzite was sooooo pale compared to my ShopLC Kunzite! The alleged “Pink Morganite” had zero color as opposed to my Pink Morganite from ShopLC which is gorgeous and is one of my favorite rings...which is saying a lot because I have over 1,300 rings and a dozen of them are Morganite!..and I paid tons less at ShopLC because I primarily buy off the online auctions. I do like the free shipping from JTV but I find they just don’t hold a candle to ShopLCs prices, quality and multitude of styles. I do love one of the Rhodolite garnet rings I received from them but it was pricey and again...no finished under gallery! I used to buy jewelry from HSN, QVC (now owned by HSN) and ShopHQ long ago but I found their prices insanely high so I don’t buy from them anymore. Different strokes for different folks I guess! And I ordered a non-jewelry item from ShopHQ on 12/23 and it just shipped on 1/03!!! Not exactly fast! Also ShopHQ has not processed a return from 12/15! I received my refund from a return to ShopLC in 7 days and that was during the craziness after Black Friday. I think I’ll be staying right here....at home with ShopLC! Yes, I’ve had my frustrations and let downs but at the end of the day my favorite pieces are from ShopLC! 😁💎
Hello I just wanted to point out that HSN does not own QVC nor does QVC own HSN...both are part of of Qurate Retail Group along with Zulily and Garnet Hill. There are a couple of other companies but I can't remember their names. Happy to see you are enjoying your Shop LC purchases!
Hi Lisa, Actually Liberty Interactive is the parent company and it was QVC that acquired HSN...I had it backwards! I just double checked!
Hello D-flawless Liberty Interactive name was changed and here is the Information taken from their website: For purposes of the summary below, “Old Liberty” refers to Liberty Media Corporation (including its predecessors) which changed its name to Liberty Interactive Corporation on September 22, 2011 and subsequently changed its name to Qurate Retail, Inc. on April 9, 2018. “New Liberty” refers to Liberty CapStarz, Inc. which changed its name to Liberty Media Corporation on September 22, 2011.

Qurate Retail, Inc. is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and RyllaceTM (collectively, “Qurate Retail GroupSM”) – all dedicated to providing a Third Way to Shop®, beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 380 million homes worldwide via 15 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations. In addition, Qurate Retail Group is among the top 10 ecommerce retailers in North America (according to Internet Retailer) and is a leader in mobile commerce and social commerce. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds various minority interests and green energy investments.
2 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago

Hello I just wanted to point out that HSN does not own QVC nor does QVC own HSN...both are part of of Qurate Retail Group along with Zulily and Garnet Hill. There are a couple of other companies but I can't remember their names. Happy to see you are enjoying your Shop LC purchases!
Hi Lisa, Actually Liberty Interactive is the parent company and it was QVC that acquired HSN...I had it backwards! I just double checked!
Hello D-flawless Liberty Interactive name was changed and here is the Information taken from their website: For purposes of the summary below, “Old Liberty” refers to Liberty Media Corporation (including its predecessors) which changed its name to Liberty Interactive Corporation on September 22, 2011 and subsequently changed its name to Qurate Retail, Inc. on April 9, 2018. “New Liberty” refers to Liberty CapStarz, Inc. which changed its name to Liberty Media Corporation on September 22, 2011.

Qurate Retail, Inc. is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and RyllaceTM (collectively, “Qurate Retail GroupSM”) – all dedicated to providing a Third Way to Shop®, beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 380 million homes worldwide via 15 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations. In addition, Qurate Retail Group is among the top 10 ecommerce retailers in North America (according to Internet Retailer) and is a leader in mobile commerce and social commerce. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds various minority interests and green energy investments.
Thanks for all of that Lisa but it’s actually irrelevant! My point was that jewelry is incredibly expensive from other shopping networks because they aren’t vertically integrated like ShopLC! I really don’t give a rats derrière who owns HSN/QVC! Somehow you got all obsessed with a tiny point that is inconsequential! I bet you’re a Fire sign....right?!? All caught up in the minutia and you just HAVE to prove you’re “RIGHT” all the time too! Relax! No one cares about HSN/QVC....this is a ShopLC forum girlfriend! Oy!!!
2 x

LisaC2019

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago

Thanks for all of that Lisa but it’s actually irrelevant! My point was that jewelry is incredibly expensive from other shopping networks because they aren’t vertically integrated like ShopLC! I really don’t give a rats derrière who owns HSN/QVC! Somehow you got all obsessed with a tiny point that is inconsequential! I bet you’re a Fire sign....right?!? All caught up in the minutia and you just HAVE to prove you’re “RIGHT” all the time too! Relax! No one cares about HSN/QVC....this is a ShopLC forum girlfriend! Oy!!!
This post really made my day today...Thank you and enjoy the rest of your evening!!!!
1 x

LisaC2019

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
I, for one, like correct information, and what Lisa gave is the correct information, and I think your remarks are uncalled for as you personally attacked another member. We are all entitled to our opinions, and I personally like to see all good companies do well, but others would have a lot of catching up to do to overtake the Q, their values and their pricing when flexing their muscle (without saying a word, too!). I hope SHOPLC continues to grow, but IMPROVE, because guess who will benefit from that? Me! I shop with a lot of companies, and always will, because I want the best value at the best price. Thank you for clarifying that information for everyone Lisa, I appreciate it. I hope you have a most blessed day girl!
Thanks Rolltide for the kind words and you have a blessed day as well!!!
3 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I ordered a few items which all came in today. One item was from HSN from their Jade of yesteryear collection, it is all natural NOT DYED green jade ring and I love it, the green is like a celery green color but it is the real deal, the lady who brings that collection is a Chinese lady and she said it is not dyed expect the other colors pink, purple ect.. are dyed. To bad shop lc does not bring us natural undyed green jade. Second I got 3 items from JTV, one being a 3ct, white zircon bracelet and a 3 ct, white zircon ring and they are both beautiful with great quality white zircons for a great price and third a gorgeous 8ct Iolite ring item # POH131, it is breathtaking, the stones are clear and sparkle with the perfect ink blue (looks like AAAA Tanzanite) and they are now putting a card in every jewelry box now that says proudly inspected by and the persons name. Now comes my shop lc items, I got a Morganite ring which Is ok but I am not wowed, the setting is light and feels cheap it is not what I expected, a dragonfly silver ring which is nice and and has good weight to it, an opal and diamond ring which is ok but not great but expensive for what it is and a silver necklace that is nice for the price. The verdict is the items I got from other networks were nicer then the items I got from here and less expensive with the sales they are having.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Happy to help with any products you are unhappy with.
2 x