IF .... (re shipping)

scoobydoo

IF .... (re shipping)

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

SLC offers FREE SHIPPING/FREE RETURNS for ALL items from their eBay website/store.
(And many many items there are "buy two/get three"!)

SLC offers free shipping and free returns on many items in their Amazon website/store.
(And even if it's not free from them, it's free from Amaz over $25.)

So ... IF they can do that for those two online locations, why can they not do it for their own online website????????
Isn't one of the whole points of online shopping to reduce the need for call centers? If they're reducing the salary load by having customers shop online, then S/H charges should be greatly reduced or non-existent. But, hey, for items being broadcast live, SLC only allows phone orders. Who else does such a silly thing? SMH

I bet SLC categorizes their shipping/handling costs as an expense item when they file their taxes. If so, then they SHOULD NOT be charging the customers.
6 x

LisaC2019

Re: IF .... (re shipping)

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
SLC offers FREE SHIPPING/FREE RETURNS for ALL items from their eBay website/store.
(And many many items there are "buy two/get three"!)

SLC offers free shipping and free returns on many items in their Amazon website/store.
(And even if it's not free from them, it's free from Amaz over $25.)

So ... IF they can do that for those two online locations, why can they not do it for their own online website????????
Isn't one of the whole points of online shopping to reduce the need for call centers? If they're reducing the salary load by having customers shop online, then S/H charges should be greatly reduced or non-existent. But, hey, for items being broadcast live, SLC only allows phone orders. Who else does such a silly thing? SMH

I bet SLC categorizes their shipping/handling costs as an expense item when they file their taxes. If so, then they SHOULD NOT be charging the customers.
I have also seen the free shipping offers on both of those sites but noticed the prices were much higher than those on the website. Free shipping is only a deal for me when I am wanting to buy multiples of the same item. The biggest incentive for me to shop was when there were no taxes.
3 x