RS...We Are Worried About You & We Miss You!

Catticus

Re: RS...We Are Worried About You & We Miss You!

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Could it be that shop lc banned her for some reason? She did nothing wrong but you never know or maybe she was so upset she deleted herself. I hope she see's she is missed and comes back, I feel we have all become friends on here even though we have not personally met, we have become like a family of sorts.
I don't know, Gem Lover. Maybe they did? Or like you said, maybe she deleted herself.

At least she can still see the forum, member or not, and will know she is LOVED and MISSED!

Yes, I feel the same, Gem Lover! We have become sort of a family here!
πŸ₯°
1 x

Catticus

wolfgirl wrote: ↑
4 years ago
I had wondered what happened to this thread also, and had been contemplating on how I wanted to post. I miss RS and her sense of humor, her stories, and her knowledge of products (did not know about bonded leather until she mentioned it). I have learned many things from other posters on this site who are very knowledgeable about gem stones. And, while I agree that everyone should be able to post their opinion about pretty much everything on forum, I do think the tone of some posts have really gotten out of hand and just way too mean spirited. I think maybe RS feels the same way. There are hosts that many of us have issues with, but they are human and will make mistakes. Calling for them to be fired is horrible! Just don't watch for those 2 hours when they are on. I know, it's your right to be able to watch without having to mute, be offended, etc. but it's TV programming and you can't dictate to YOUR preferences. I personally like Cheryl but she can get exuberant and I just lower the volume. I work with someone who is a "Debbie Downer" and is negative ALL DAY LONG- nothing makes her happy. By the end of the day, I am so depressed- have asked if I can be moved, but no where else I can be placed (they had already moved one person who was working with her and I was the "lucky" one who took her place). So, watching someone who is excited about their job, even when really exuberant, helps brighten my day. And then, not only has the negativity and hatefulness bombarded the hosts, it is being turned on other forum members, and RS is a prime example. I have been visiting the forum occasionally and reading posts but not responding as I probably would not come back to this forum if someone was that hateful to me. And, taking chance with this post, but so be it. It's the start of the new year, and I am trying to be a better person: kinder, nicer, and more understanding, but it is hard! I just wish this forum could get back to the way it was when I first started reading/posting. People voiced their frustrations but not so mean and hateful. And, I appreciate other posters with more knowledge (scientific or not :ugeek: ) sharing that knowledge with us. I have learned many things about gem stones and can make better informed purchases. I hope and pray RS and Sue B read the words of comfort and friendship many of us have posted here and return to share with us soon! Wolfgirl
@wolfgirl

Oh my goodness, your post speaks VOLUMES! Such a beautiful post! And I agree with you, Wolfgirl.

I hope RS sees all of these posts, and definitely hope she sees yours!

I've noticed what you have. I figured it was daily stresses, the holiday stresses, and SLC's changes sure don't help!
πŸ˜–

But you are right, IMO. I don't mind if people joke about Cheryl and how "Off the charts" she was on this day or that night. But to get really personal about it to the point of cruelty or to say things that come off as antagonistic, is different.

Also, I can see where some newer members may see the comments other members make about hosts, and not knowing that the person(s) who commented LIKE the host, to a newer member the post might easily make them think they can say this or that, "because others are too".

The written word can be misunderstood so easily!

I like Cheryl. I can understand why others might not. Maybe I'm the type of person who can get really "silly." Okay, I AM THAT TYPE OF PERSON!

I do understand those who feel there is a time and place for certain behavior.

I also understand Cheryl getting extremely silly.

I guess I'd rather have someone like her, than a host who's a snob and who treats their co host(s) awfully. Silly and even "wacko" is better to me than mean and snobby.

Thank you for your wise post, Wolfgirl! You're a sweetheart!

πŸ¬πŸ’—
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

There's no such thing as too much kindness. The world needs more! You know the sayings..."If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything"..."Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"..."The customer is always right".
Yes the public can be a cruel & rude bunch. I'd hate to be a CS rep anywhere!
2 x

Catticus

Blossom wrote: ↑
4 years ago
There's no such thing as too much kindness. The world needs more! You know the sayings..."If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything"..."Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"..."The customer is always right".
Blossom, you are right! 🌺

As for Customer Service, I have always said that I would rather cut people's lawns with scissors, than work in Customer Service.

I'm not joking, either.

Hardest job in the world is dealing with people!

βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±πŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈβœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago

As for Customer Service, I have always said that I would rather cut people's lawns with scissors, than work in Customer Service.

I'm not joking, either.

βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±πŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈβœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±βœ‚οΈπŸŒ±
Ditto Catticus! Fresh air over rude people any day!
1 x

mavricktoo

Post by mavricktoo » 4 years ago

4 years ago
4 years ago

I'm not joking, either.

In my opinion, CS is the most important job at any company. They're the first people the public interacts with. Your impression of the company depends heavily on that interaction. CSRs are not paid enough for the importance of their job!
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I remember there were words said with someone else. I felt if I intervened, things first might flare up. RS was stressed about many issues at SLC, I just hope she wasn’t blocked from the forum. They can block you. I was blocked from texting the hosts because I thought I was doing SLC a favor by showing them links to Amazon that had the item cheaper. I meant to warn them that customers will come back and want 20% off because Amazon was cheaper. They took it the wrong way. Obviously didnt want to know that Amazon was cheaper. Also a couple times Tenner set up a FAKE PRICE MISTAKE sting. He would say a price. The producer Matt would post a lower price and that would cause a surge of sales because viewers thought they were getting a huge price mistake. Once it was beads that Tenner said was $1699 and Matt put $599. Sold out in less then 5 minutes. Those beads were not worth more then $299. Im sure that some of the frenzied buyers used their food money, thinking they can make a killing reselling it. Tenner played this game frequently, so I nicely told him its not ethical. To please stop. I was always respectful. Anyway I am blocked. Doesn’t bother me because the hosts ignore just about everyones texts anyway. Just saying, maybe RS tried to post something that they didn’t like and she is blocked ( she should try using a email they dont know). Anyway, i’m hoping she is ok and its just SLC falling apartπŸ™πŸ»
2 x

Amy

screaming Cheryl...

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

Question ? Nothing personal, but does anyone in management get aggravated with Cheryl’s screaming? OMG , I must be getting old. It gets on my nerves so bad, I change the channel. She is very knowledgeable but why the screaming ??? I just don’t get it. I called customer service ages ago, that was a waste of time. Anyone agree ???
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Well hopefully while RS takes her SLC break she is still reading the forum so she knows we miss her posts and her friendship ❣❣
2 x

Catticus

mavricktoo wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago
4 years ago

I'm not joking, either.

In my opinion, CS is the most important job at any company. They're the first people the public interacts with. Your impression of the company depends heavily on that interaction. CSRs are not paid enough for the importance of their job!
Oh, I definitely agree! They can make or break a company! And yes, they DO NOT get paid enough. Also, too often they are not treated well, considering how important they truly are.
1 x