Good Sunday everyone

RS

Good Sunday everyone

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I am making a long post.

I will clear some things up.

I was going to post last night and then saw the posts (now deleted thread).

Thank you for asking about me, back in a bit...
9 x

RS

Re: Good Sunday everyone

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Let me start by thanking everyone for asking about me and to apologize for just leaving and not saying anything.

I believe Gemsnob...you started the original thread (now gone) asking about me. ❤️

Catticus...you were correct in the post you made...that is, well the final reason, why I left.

Going after SLC the company and their practices is one thing, but to attack people on a personal level is another. When I see that I feel compelled to speak up. It fires me up.

There is one person behind the scenes that I did tell I was not going to be participating in the forum. I also asked this person to pass along a message but they were in no way obligated to.

(Forgive me if any of this sounds disjointed as I am trying to provide reasons and commentary along with a timeline)

Catticus...the thread that you think I started “Cheryl...Mod please” I did not start. I know it looks like that now. That is because the original post in that thread was deleted. However I quoted that first post and commented that the words were unkind. So while it may now look as though I am the OP, I am not. The person I commented to is.

After that I was called unkind, perhaps they said I made nasty comments...etc. And yes...that upset me. What upset me even more were the number of LIKES that comment received.

So yeah. That hurt my feelings. I am not that thick skinned.

So (if I have left anything out I’m sorry). You can ask me questions if you like.

Last night hubby got online using my iPad to buy something for me (Cheryl and Katie were selling it and even HE had to mute it!)

I wish it had not been on my IPad and my account. I got online and looked. Here.

The thread asking about me was so nice and made me feel awful that I hadn’t said anything. I was going to post. Then when I continued to read I STOPPED.

One member here was chiming in and then another one chimed in and started making fun of her and the entire thread.
And btw poster...NO I DO NOT THINK THIS IS “MY” FORUM. And I would “not have been delighted to read a thread about me”.

So then the last two posters got into it. The original of the last two was not treated nicely at all and defended herself. The other one was not kind to her.

As I was reading this my husband asked me what was wrong. He didn’t even know about the forum till last night. I showed him. He looked at me and said “you need to post”.

When I went to post the thread was gone.

As of my typing this the person who posted against forum policy (unkind) has not said anything. I saw the thread asking what happened last night. No comment from this person. I know they are aware of the reason.

And yeah, I am aware this is all a bunch of drama...I get it.

From the beginning I have always tried to interject other topics into the forum. The “Old timers” know this. But it always comes back around to complaints. Okay...I soooo get that. I have had so many issues with SLC (products, CS, etc.) and complain and complain.

But the personal stuff about hosts is too much. And then to attack each other???!!!

No, I am not on a “soapbox”...not any more than anyone else is here that speaks up.

We are supposed to band together here, not turn on each other.

So again to everyone that asked about me. I thank you so very much.
8 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

I agree and said so. No attacking each other. I started anothet thread after the Cheryl thread and asked us all to be nice to each other. And if we have complaints about shoplc hosts, they dont need to be personal.
3 x

Gemsnob

Im very glad you and your family are ok. I know there is drama here but we were afraid something had happened.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Im very glad you and your family are ok. I know there is drama here but we were afraid something had happened.
Thank you so much. We’re all good here! Hope you and yours are well too❤️
3 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you so much. We’re all good here! Hope you and yours are well too❤️
We are all well. Just trying to stay warm.
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. I know these forums can get overwhelming at times and throwing stones at each other over a difference of opinion is not my way. But almost all of us have voiced our thoughts about some of the hosts, if we don’t, things will never change. We’re trying to get the old ShopLC back and voice the things we don’t like and want changed. But I don’t agree with bashing people who disagree with what others say. I’m glad to see you RS and hope you’re doing well, as I wish everyone is well. I will probably get bashed for voicing my opinions, but it’s okay. I stay up late and read all the threads and most of us have said things about what we do not like, including hosts. My point is that if we never say anything then they don’t know and nothing will ever change. I’m not about bashing anyone, but when you’ve had enough of someone acting unprofessional, then something has to be said for management to take notice. But it’s not about bashing anyone, it’s about voicing our opinions and concerns about someone being unprofessional. I’m glad you’re back RS and you’re okay. My point is simple, when we don’t like something about what’s going on, we need to say something, a voice unheard never gets heard. But we are all human and can disagree about anything but not attack each other. That’s what forums are about, interacting with each other, voicing our likes, dislikes, and trying to get higher ups to listen to what problems are going on that they might not be aware of. I wish you all a wonderful Blessed Sunday and hopefully no one gets offended by my comments. We’re trying to get ShopLC back like it used to be, but let’s work together not against each other. Ginger 🌹
11 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 4 years ago

Glad you are back RS and let us know how you feel about the whole situation :)
5 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

RS! 💗

Oh, I saw the original post. I knew you hadn't started your own thread regarding thattttt post.

I uh also know (I believe) those involved...the two.
🤫

Just seeing posts and such, I can tell.

No, you don't want to own the forum!

Good grief NO! Why would you want a bucket of hot tar poured on your head? Because that's what "owning the forum" would be like...every day!

Soap box. Hmph! Oh brother.

I'm sorry you had to go through this but OH so glad to have you back!
🌺💗🌺

Wait...you might have someone to give this to, you know...as a gift. YOU certainly don't need them, so you might as well give it to someone who would LOVE to use them...

🧼 📦
Last edited by Catticus 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS -I am really glad that you are okay and so sorry that you were treated badly. I didn't see the later posts but from what you have stated it's awful that some could be so cruel. It's nice to see you back ❣😊
3 x