Good Sunday everyone

What-a-gem

Re: Good Sunday everyone

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

RS..so relieved to see you back in the forum..hope you are here to stay. Amazing how we all start caring about one another, isn’t it?
7 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

I’m glad you are back RS!
5 x

Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly » 4 years ago

I know I complained about Cheryl. And I really don't care if people think voicing how over the top she was with her loud yelling and her blowing into that horn--even the co-hosts looked uncomfortable. was not kind. I don't think an honest criticism is mean--that is the problem with out society. If you disagree with things and voice your opinion there is always someone that says it is mean or something--that is why our employees can't handle any reviews and why HR has gotten so over involved in our lives. If you never hear things that impede your progress, you will not grow. It is an act of kindness to point out that someone is really off the mark. I made a comment about finishing school and you took that so harshly--I meant it--if someone lacks certain skills they should go to some kind of broadcasting school or some kind of training. Most of us have to go to some sort of training and if we do not do something right, have to go again. I know a manager who has had to go to "sensitivity" training three times...doesn't look like the training is working but at least he wasn't fired out right.
I am a customer. I am allowed to express when the host --who is a sales person--is interrupting the sales process.
I did not mean to be mean and I know others felt the same way I did and some were more colorful than you liked and I believe you probably reported them. After that, I scrolled around way back to see comments because I was new. I saw many negative comments and there was not much difference in the tone or level of expression--but they weren't from new people. I even counted all the comments made by a number of the people on here who think it was just terrible what I or some others said. I am a straight shooter and I don't go out of my way to be mean or unkind--and I don't think that someone on public broadcasting should ignore requests to be more professional, If you are really upset, then I apologize to you and your offended friends. That was not my intent. Perhaps I just should leave this site to those who have their own rules and agenda. The harsh non-stop attacks on ShopLC were starting to get me down and making me second guess everything anyway, I think I just don't belong here and should bow out gracefully. It was an interesting 5 days anyway. Have a wonderful and healthy New Year. I hope all of your problems with ShopLC get corrected and you can avoid some of the stress and frustration you have been feeling. Thank you to those who I did start to connect with a little--it was fun! Good Luck to you all. :)
8 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. I know these forums can get overwhelming at times and throwing stones at each other over a difference of opinion is not my way. But almost all of us have voiced our thoughts about some of the hosts, if we don’t, things will never change. We’re trying to get the old ShopLC back and voice the things we don’t like and want changed. But I don’t agree with bashing people who disagree with what others say. I’m glad to see you RS and hope you’re doing well, as I wish everyone is well. I will probably get bashed for voicing my opinions, but it’s okay. I stay up late and read all the threads and most of us have said things about what we do not like, including hosts. My point is that if we never say anything then they don’t know and nothing will ever change. I’m not about bashing anyone, but when you’ve had enough of someone acting unprofessional, then something has to be said for management to take notice. But it’s not about bashing anyone, it’s about voicing our opinions and concerns about someone being unprofessional. I’m glad you’re back RS and you’re okay. My point is simple, when we don’t like something about what’s going on, we need to say something, a voice unheard never gets heard. But we are all human and can disagree about anything but not attack each other. That’s what forums are about, interacting with each other, voicing our likes, dislikes, and trying to get higher ups to listen to what problems are going on that they might not be aware of. I wish you all a wonderful Blessed Sunday and hopefully no one gets offended by my comments. We’re trying to get ShopLC back like it used to be, but let’s work together not against each other. Ginger 🌹
Thank you Ginger. I feel the same way. Not liking something is fine but personal attacks are not right. Speak up certainly...but there’s a right way and a wrong way. ❤️
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

I really dont know what happened last night but making fun of forum members and attacking each other because we have differences of opinions is unacceptable. The ONLY things we are still entitled to in this world are our opinions. Lets just try to be diplomatic and agree to disagree.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
RS! 💗

Oh, I saw the original post. I knew you had started your own thread regarding thattttt post.

I uh also know (I believe) those involved...the two.
🤫

Just seeing posts and such, I can tell.

No, you don't want to own the forum!

Good grief NO! Why would you want a bucket of hot tar poured on your head? Because that's what "owning the forum" would be like...every day!

Soap box. Hmph! Oh brother.

I'm sorry you had to go through this but OH so glad to have you back!
🌺💗🌺

Wait...you might have someone to give this to, you know...as a gift. YOU certainly don't need them, so you might as well give it to someone who would LOVE to use them...

🧼 📦
Did I start my own thread? I don’t think so...I think it was the one with the original post deleted. But no matter ❤️❤️❤️.

Last night only one person involved said things unkind. And what was said unkind wasn’t directed at me, but at the person who posted LAST in the thread wondering where I was.
It’s confusing.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Dragonfly wrote:
4 years ago
I know I complained about Cheryl. And I really don't care if people think voicing how over the top she was with her loud yelling and her blowing into that horn--even the co-hosts looked uncomfortable. was not kind. I don't think an honest criticism is mean--that is the problem with out society. If you disagree with things and voice your opinion there is always someone that says it is mean or something--that is why our employees can't handle any reviews and why HR has gotten so over involved in our lives. If you never hear things that impede your progress, you will not grow. It is an act of kindness to point out that someone is really off the mark. I made a comment about finishing school and you took that so harshly--I meant it--if someone lacks certain skills they should go to some kind of broadcasting school or some kind of training. Most of us have to go to some sort of training and if we do not do something right, have to go again. I know a manager who has had to go to "sensitivity" training three times...doesn't look like the training is working but at least he wasn't fired out right.
I am a customer. I am allowed to express when the host --who is a sales person--is interrupting the sales process.
I did not mean to be mean and I know others felt the same way I did and some were more colorful than you liked and I believe you probably reported them. After that, I scrolled around way back to see comments because I was new. I saw many negative comments and there was not much difference in the tone or level of expression--but they weren't from new people. I even counted all the comments made by a number of the people on here who think it was just terrible what I or some others said. I am a straight shooter and I don't go out of my way to be mean or unkind--and I don't think that someone on public broadcasting should ignore requests to be more professional, If you are really upset, then I apologize to you and your offended friends. That was not my intent. Perhaps I just should leave this site to those who have their own rules and agenda. The harsh non-stop attacks on ShopLC were starting to get me down and making me second guess everything anyway, I think I just don't belong here and should bow out gracefully. It was an interesting 5 days anyway. Have a wonderful and healthy New Year. I hope all of your problems with ShopLC get corrected and you can avoid some of the stress and frustration you have been feeling. Thank you to those who I did start to connect with a little--it was fun! Good Luck to you all. :)
I have never ever reported any post when someone said something about me, nor would I ever.

The comments about finishing school I felt weren’t very nice. But that was directed at me, not a host anyway. And also not what made me walk away.

Don’t feel like you need to leave. Anyone should feel comfortable staying. However I, for one, understand when one no longer does.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I see @Catticus where you asked Mod Connor about the thread you thought I started. “Cheryl is unbearable...Mod Please” was not started by me.
It is confusing because the original post of that thread was deleted. The next post was mine, making it look like MY thread.

Mods should either clarify that, especially with all the confusion, or either delete entire thread (like last night) or simply leave it alone and chime in.

If you see who I am quoting, that is the OP.

Hope this clears up that part.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
I see @Catticus where you asked Mod Connor about the thread you thought I started. “Cheryl is unbearable...Mod Please” was not started by me.
It is confusing because the original post of that thread was deleted. The next post was mine, making it look like MY thread.

Mods should either clarify that, especially with all the confusion, or either delete entire thread (like last night) or simply leave it alone and chime in.

If you see who I am quoting, that is the OP.

Hope this clears up that part.
I thought they did delete the entire thread you are talking about. I had this discussion with Mod Conner earlier today.
2 x

Grizzy

Post by Grizzy » 4 years ago

Well good gravy and biscuits!!! Welcome back, RS!
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
4 x