Good Sunday everyone

RS

Re: Good Sunday everyone

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Oddly now in trying to refresh my memory.

I am seeing other posts removed from other threads again making it seem as though I am the OP.

I don’t think this is the proper way to moderate.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
So relieved you are ok RS. Sometimes a little time off lets us throw away all the negative vibes surrounding us. Maybe My brain is cloudy, I didn’t know we were giving thumbs up or down. We are all human and it would be quite boring if we all had the same opinion. Lets agree to disagree without hurting each others feelings.
The fact remains it looks like we are having an impact on Management. We shall know when this FAKE clearance is over👍
I couldn’t agree more Vicky❤️

Oh, about the impact on management, I would not know. How so?
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
So relieved you are ok RS. Sometimes a little time off lets us throw away all the negative vibes surrounding us. Maybe My brain is cloudy, I didn’t know we were giving thumbs up or down. We are all human and it would be quite boring if we all had the same opinion. Lets agree to disagree without hurting each others feelings.
The fact remains it looks like we are having an impact on Management. We shall know when this FAKE clearance is over👍
I couldn’t agree more Vicky❤️

Oh, about the impact on management, I would not know. How so?
Id like to know too. Other than Amit not being on air, what changed?
3 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
I am making a long post.

I will clear some things up.

I was going to post last night and then saw the posts (now deleted thread).

Thank you for asking about me, back in a bit...
Hello RS and I am happy to see you are okay and hope you don't leave the forum for good. I really liked this forum and enjoyed the comments and posts about the jewelry as I have learned a great deal more about the gemstones and what to look for when buying. I am a person that will not run from a fight and probably should but won't. In the past couple of months the personal attacks on other posters have increased and I feel the forum has become a semi toxic environment. I am on several other forums and see a trend of those thinking they can use the First Amendment to justify attacking and saying what they wish about other people under the pretense of having an opinion.

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinions as I have mine but I respect what is stated and move on. I would never attack someone because of what they posted or their opinion (even if I disagreed). I asked a question and was labeled "vicious" and just today on another post labeled "a fire sign" who has to be right just because I stated a fact. I am amazed at people sometimes and refuse to be intimidated by someone hiding behind a keyboard. With that being said I want you to know you are not mean or unkind. Have a great night and a wonderful week everyone else on the forum!!!
8 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
I am making a long post.

Hello RS and I am happy to see you are okay and hope you don't leave the forum for good. I really liked this forum and enjoyed the comments and posts about the jewelry as I have learned a great deal more about the gemstones and what to look for when buying. I am a person that will not run from a fight and probably should but won't. In the past couple of months the personal attacks on other posters have increased and I feel the forum has become a semi toxic environment. I am on several other forums and see a trend of those thinking they can use the First Amendment to justify attacking and saying what they wish about other people under the pretense of having an opinion.

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinions as I have mine but I respect what is stated and move on. I would never attack someone because of what they posted or their opinion (even if I disagreed). I asked a question and was labeled "vicious" and just today on another post labeled "a fire sign" who has to be right just because I stated a fact. I am amazed at people sometimes and refuse to be intimidated by someone hiding behind a keyboard. With that being said I want you to know you are not mean or unkind. Have a great night and a wonderful week everyone else on the forum!!!
I saw that too. Yikes. Its only the 5th of January. Cant we all just get along?
6 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I saw the comment too Lisa and thought it was off the top. But I hope everyone can get along, we’re All on here to voice opinions on what needs improvement, what we like or don’t like, and trying to get the higher ups to listen to our concerns. We’ve formed friendships on here & it’s okay to disagree with one another, but lets stick together as one big band of friends. If we all had the same opinions, it would be a boring place indeed. I’m sorry about whoever posted the “fire sign” comment and hopefully we all can move along as friends. I know I have talked to some in management at great lengths and I know some others have on here as well, as to what we want to see change and our opinions. I’ve already seen comments about the packaging being a little better and orders shipping out sooner. This was some of my problems I talked about with someone, so they are listening. We need to stick together and keep voicing our concerns about the negative things we don’t like at ShopLC instead of trying to criticize one another. I wish you all a wonderful evening. Ginger 🌹
8 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

LisaC2019, I think people should take their own advice and not throw shade, "demanding" explanations and calling others out for not being an "adult" when they don't like a post or opinion. Perhaps, you may have misunderstood the intent. When someone tries to end the convo that is going wrong by ignoring the demands of "explain" this - as an example by replying, "you're precious, do you" it simply didn't deserve further reply - but yet, LisaC2019 you did. It was not one-sided. At times, people clash - it happens. Adults put it behind them. I have. Now, let's talk SLC.
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
I am making a long post.

I saw that too. Yikes. Its only the 5th of January. Cant we all just get along?
I did not see that...sheesh.
But I haven’t looked around really.
3 x

William

Post by William » 4 years ago

RS Glad you are OK and glad you are back !

William
6 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

RS,

I will respond more later, but I "get it" now that it appeared as if you posted about "that" post. I saw it from the beginning, but didn't notice the "Mod" part of the thread title. THAT is what made me think you started a thread to a mod to have them address the post that stated certain things about Cheryl that you felt weren't constructive criticism, but were more personal than need be. I agree. Anyway, because the title says "Mod"'at the end, (and the OP's initial post being removed) it appeared as if you were asking a Mod to address the issue.

And I thought that because to me, it was what "made sense", because why would a member who has complaints about Cheryl, contact a Mod? What can a Mod actually "do" about a host? Use a hook and yank them off the studio like it's a Vaudeville Show?

So now I understand that you didn't start a post in regards to "that" post!

Yes, it's confusing! Especially because people quote others, and sometimes only the quote from a thread they're choosing to address. I do this at times because otherwise the wholllllllle thread is in my post, clogging up the forum. I do enough of that with my huge font usage!
😜

I'll write more later but I was thinking something. The amount of "likes" on one of the posts would have hurt me, too.

But...maybe some were clicking "like" in agreement to a member being able to post their opinion, but NOT meaning that they agree with ALL of the post, such as you being on a soap box etc.? Also, some don't read posts thoroughly; things are going on while they're on the forum that distract them, and so on.

Just a thought I had. But I still have to say all the "likes" would have upset me very much. I would have felt as if my friends were turning against me.

And NO, you are NOT unkind. You stand up for those who have been treated unkindly; you stand up for those who have had unkind things said about them. In "real life", and on this forum.

Anyway, it's late so I'll write more later.

Love you, RS! 🥰💗🥰
4 x