Community

Gemsnob

Community

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

I dont think anyone should feel unwelcome here. I myself am a very black and white person who says it how I see it. Im certain I come across as harsh or rude sometimes. Add to that the fact that we are typing words with no vocals, no inflection so we are left to interpret what someone may mean.
The guidelines say to be kind. Don't attack each other if we disagree. Maybe we just need to practice scrolling on. I know I do.
5 x

Blossom

Re: Community

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
I dont think anyone should feel unwelcome here. I myself am a very black and white person who says it how I see it. Im certain I come across as harsh or rude sometimes. Add to that the fact that we are typing words with no vocals, no inflection so we are left to interpret what someone may mean.
The guidelines say to be kind. Don't attack each other if we disagree. Maybe we just need to practice scrolling on. I know I do.
Exactly! When posts 'seem' snarky I scroll on! Hope I've never offended anyone. I find that constructive criticism will always cause hurt feelings to some degree no matter how unintentional. I know I don't take it well in my life. I'm like an elephant, can't forget, which only hurts me in the long run.
5 x