NEW TAX INCREASE

JustaShopper

NEW TAX INCREASE

Post by JustaShopper » 4 years ago

This is sad will make a big difference in how many items I purchase. It's ridiculous. This has just gone into effect this past weekend. And I have had at least 3 items I've purchased have a major problem. It's sad. All just recently.
2 x

RS

Re: NEW TAX INCREASE

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Any online retailer only charges taxes from your state. Has your state had a tax increase? SLC shouldn’t have any control over how much tax they must collect.

I just checked...my orders are taxed the same as always.
1 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

JustaShopper wrote:
4 years ago
This is sad will make a big difference in how many items I purchase. It's ridiculous. This has just gone into effect this past weekend. And I have had at least 3 items I've purchased have a major problem. It's sad. All just recently.
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your post. We deeply apologize that sales tax has been added to states outside of Texas. On June 21, 2018 the Supreme Court ruled that states can make it mandatory to collect sales tax for customers in their state. Internet sales tax laws took effect in 29 states in January 2019 and more sales tax laws keep rolling out. In order to keep in line with federal and state regulations we need to collect sales tax from each state, as Congress signaled that this law will roll out to every state by the end of 2019. We deeply apologize if this affects the amount you can order. We hope that these laws do not deter you from continuing to shop with us and letting us deliver you joy. If you need any further assistance you can chat with us at www.shoplc.com, email us at customerservice@shoplc.com, or call us at 877-899-0078. Thank you for being a part of the Shop LC family!
1 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Certainly does affect what you buy!!! All these years and no tax?! I too am having a lot of luck at getting bad rings. I recently bought a nice square new color topaz elsewhere and it’s got nice meaty setting and can rub the prongs over anything and they don’t catch, nice and straight and all the same length!!!!!! It’s great!!!
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

It most DEFINITELY affects the amount I can order. Since this tax is because of "the new laws", how about lowering your shipping fees? To ZERO.
4 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
Certainly does affect what you buy!!! All these years and no tax?! I too am having a lot of luck at getting bad rings. I recently bought a nice square new color topaz elsewhere and it’s got nice meaty setting and can rub the prongs over anything and they don’t catch, nice and straight and all the same length!!!!!! It’s great!!!
Thanks so much for taking to time to provide your feedback to us! If you need any further assistance with any rings that are problematic. you can chat with us at www.shoplc.com, email us at customerservice@shoplc.com, or call us at 877-899-0078. Thank you for being a part of the Shop LC family!
0 x

Moderator_Danielle

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Any online retailer only charges taxes from your state. Has your state had a tax increase? SLC shouldn’t have any control over how much tax they must collect.

I just checked...my orders are taxed the same as always.
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. You are correct that SHOP LC doesn't have any control over the amount of taxes that we charged. If you need any further assistance you can chat with us at www.shoplc.com, email us at customerservice@shoplc.com, or call us at 877-899-0078. Thank you for being a part of the Shop LC family!
0 x

Moderator_Danielle

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
It most DEFINITELY affects the amount I can order. Since this tax is because of "the new laws", how about lowering your shipping fees? To ZERO.
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback to us. Unfortunately we can't lower the cost to zero, but we do have free shipping on items from time to time!
If you need any further assistance you can chat with us at www.shoplc.com, email us at customerservice@shoplc.com, or call us at 877-899-0078. Thank you for being a part of the Shop LC family!
1 x