D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
I was watching a few hours ago when Becky was hawking something and she said:

"Get this now. When the clearance ends, the prices will go up."

Um, no. Just no. Let me repeat, JUST NO.

A clearance sale does NOT raise prices. A clearance sale is to get rid of and move out stuff so you can bring in more and new stuff. I'm just so sick of this phoney baloney selling tactic SLC has been using. It's gotten so so so bad over the last few months. Do they honestly think they are doing themselves any favors or garnering loyalty???

JUST NO ! ! !
RIGHT?!! Thank you for saying that because I was thinking the same thing as I watched this temporary clearance! Do they not know the actual definition of the word clearance?!! Although, history shows this is who they are. Back when they were The Jewelry Channel, they did a massive liquidation sale because they were supposed to be going out of business, then they dropped the bombshell news that they were staying in business but expanding to home goods and other items and renaming to Liquidation Channel. THAT was a true sale! That was back when most of their pieces were in gold and my mom and I scored some beautiful gold pieces at sterling silver prices we have now!
YESSSSSSS Gemaholic (btw...love that name!) I was just pondering this “Clearance Conundrum” too! As everyone has said...if they TRULY wanted to clear these items from the vault the prices wouldn’t go back up as soon as that particular show was over! This means that the millions of us who shop online totally miss the clearance! Total insanity! I too was there during the “alleged” going out of business sale back in 2008 when everything was 10k and 14k gold and I too bought up everything I could get my paws on...then “poof”...guess what? We were only kidding....we’re just
changing our name to the Liquidation Channel! But...I do understand this because it was smack dab at the beginning of that horrible recession and the price of gold skyrocketed so changing the business model to stay in business was a capital idea. Many others went out of business like GemsTV out of Reno where Katie, Craig, Karen etc came from! I loved GemsTV! Some of my favorite pieces came from them! And does anyone remember how they used to do excellent giveaways to one customer a month at GemsTV? I actually won a beautiful Rhodolite Garnet and Diamonds ring set in 14k gold! I still have it. All that being said...I did catch a bit of a few of the clearance shows and managed to grab a beautiful pair of earrings at an incredibly low price. But....I also saw a ring on one show go for $49 which was an excellent deal but I didn’t buy it in time before the price went back up...then I subsequently saw it on another show...with the same hosts even...and the price was $12 higher! This really has been a confusing “clearance” at best! Everyone changes prices all the time from Amazon to JTV to HSN to ShopHQ down to Walmart and everyone in between but at least they don’t have a 60 minute window for you to grab the lower price! Good grief! The solution? Just call it like it is...just another “Flash Sale”. Right? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Haha thank you D-Flawless :). I'm surprised I didn't see anyone else with this name since let's face it, we are all gemaholics here!

Flash sale is the exact term they should be using! I actually think that phrase is more appealing and draws you in more.

I am jealous you won a 14k gold ring let alone with diamonds and rhodolite garnet! Are you kidding me?! That is amazing!
Indeed 2008 changed everything when it comes to gold, but man I miss those days when they sold gold at such awesome prices.
5 x

piwackit

Re: This is CRAZY warehouse sale - unbelievable

Post by piwackit » 4 years ago

ok, this is my question about the contests slc has once in a while. they do not list any winners after the fact. whats the secret? i wrote slc about this and got no answer. does anyone know anything about this? is it real? please let me know if you know anything. :?
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

piwackit wrote:
4 years ago
ok, this is my question about the contests slc has once in a while. they do not list any winners after the fact. whats the secret? i wrote slc about this and got no answer. does anyone know anything about this? is it real? please let me know if you know anything. :?
List of winners was posted at one time
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

But as to whether their contests are "real" or not, please don't ask me...

You won't like my answer.
😒
2 x

Queen!

Re: disgusting shipping fees

Post by Queen! » 4 years ago

greedy shipping fees charged individually when all in same package...!!!!!!
WHEN SHIPPING FEE IS MORE THAN COST OF ACTUAL ITEM, IT REEKS OF GREED!!

NEVER ANY OFFERS OR DISCOUNT FOR AUCTION ORDERS LIKE THOSE ARE LOW CLASS PURCHASES

FOOLS YOU WITH BIG BANNERS ON HOME PAGE.....

WHO READS SMALL PRINT?!?!?!
1 x

Gypsy

Re: disgusting shipping fees

QueenMILF wrote:
4 years ago
greedy shipping fees charged individually when all in same package...!!!!!!
WHEN SHIPPING FEE IS MORE THAN COST OF ACTUAL ITEM, IT REEKS OF GREED!!

NEVER ANY OFFERS OR DISCOUNT FOR AUCTION ORDERS LIKE THOSE ARE LOW CLASS PURCHASES

FOOLS YOU WITH BIG BANNERS ON HOME PAGE.....

WHO READS SMALL PRINT?!?!?!

Welcome to the Forum ! We pretty much all been right where you are with the shipping fees. And after awhile you start reading ALL the fine print so you can try to figure out and navigate the pricing madness- Gypsy
2 x

Queen!

Post by Queen! » 4 years ago

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
SOMEONE WROTE IT DOWN SI ITS IN DTONE AND WHO cares what our our customers say or feel, hey you responded didn't you ??!!!
you basically said EVERYONE HAS BEEN HERE soEVERYONE MAKES THIS SAME COMPLAINT BUT IT WONT AFFECT OR CHANGE OUR BOTTOM LINE WSY EE GOIGE YOU FOR PROFITS. SO LETS TALK ABOUT SOMETHING EVERY ONE HATES, SYMPATHYSLZE THEN SAY OH WELL.

I WROTE: "NO ONE READS THE SMALL PRINT! " ( and you know it, actually you are counting in it!)
your response:"AFTER AWHILE YOUR WILL START READING (HUH????) SO YOUR CAN START FIGURING OUT THIS PRICING MADNESS"
Apparently YOU DIDNT READ my message SO why should or would I start READING ALL THE FINE PRINT!

dismiss the condescending " Aww we hear you and want to make you happy, really we do, but at least your not alone don't feel bad for noticing and wasting my time answering the same question I've answered for EVERYONE", your response basically means EVERYONE COMPLAINS ABOUT A SERIOUS ISSUE WE ALL HATE BUT WE WONT MAKE YOU ALL HAPPY BY CHANGING IT AND IF YOU SPEND TIME READING INSTEAD OF SHOPPING AND SPENDING MONEY WITH US, YOU CAN SEE IN ADVANCE WHERE WE PLAN TO GOUGE AND TRICK YOU OUT OF MORE MONEY BECAUSE YOUR PURCHASES AREN'T ENOUGH MONEY FOR US AND ITS OK BECAUSE WE DO TELL YOU IM SMALL PRINT WE KNOW YOU WONT
READ AND BLAME IT ON YOU KNOWING NO ONE READS IT AND SAY GET USED TO IT!!!"

Thank you for your wuick response. customer service is certainly not lacking, very good......I'll return to shopping now and wait for next chance to smile and slap my forehead as you bend me over for trying to stretch my dollar and have a few nice things that won't make my family eats bologna instead of hamburger and still have TIME to READ a fairy tale at bedtime.
at least you admit your prices are maddening but it's not so bad, they are not as bad as the upsetting shipping fees at PoliceAuction.com.
0 x

Gypsy

QueenMILF wrote:
4 years ago
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
SOMEONE WROTE IT DOWN SI ITS IN DTONE AND WHO cares what our our customers say or feel, hey you responded didn't you ??!!!
you basically said EVERYONE HAS BEEN HERE soEVERYONE MAKES THIS SAME COMPLAINT BUT IT WONT AFFECT OR CHANGE OUR BOTTOM LINE WSY EE GOIGE YOU FOR PROFITS. SO LETS TALK ABOUT SOMETHING EVERY ONE HATES, SYMPATHYSLZE THEN SAY OH WELL.

I WROTE: "NO ONE READS THE SMALL PRINT! " ( and you know it, actually you are counting in it!)
your response:"AFTER AWHILE YOUR WILL START READING (HUH????) SO YOUR CAN START FIGURING OUT THIS PRICING MADNESS"
Apparently YOU DIDNT READ my message SO why should or would I start READING ALL THE FINE PRINT!

dismiss the condescending " Aww we hear you and want to make you happy, really we do, but at least your not alone don't feel bad for noticing and wasting my time answering the same question I've answered for EVERYONE", your response basically means EVERYONE COMPLAINS ABOUT A SERIOUS ISSUE WE ALL HATE BUT WE WONT MAKE YOU ALL HAPPY BY CHANGING IT AND IF YOU SPEND TIME READING INSTEAD OF SHOPPING AND SPENDING MONEY WITH US, YOU CAN SEE IN ADVANCE WHERE WE PLAN TO GOUGE AND TRICK YOU OUT OF MORE MONEY BECAUSE YOUR PURCHASES AREN'T ENOUGH MONEY FOR US AND ITS OK BECAUSE WE DO TELL YOU IM SMALL PRINT WE KNOW YOU WONT

Thank you for your wuick response. customer service is certainly not lacking, very good......I'll return to shopping now and wait for next chance to smile and slap my forehead as you bend me over for trying to stretch my dollar and have a few nice things that won't make my family eats bologna instead of hamburger and still have TIME to READ a fairy tale at bedtime.
at least you admit your prices are maddening but it's not so bad, they are not as bad as the upsetting shipping fees at PoliceAuction.com.

I really couldn't understand your entire post but I'm not with SLC or customer service...just another shopper that was trying to be nice to you and let you know that you are not the only one that has had issues with the navigating of the site.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

QueenMILF wrote:
4 years ago
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Why are going off on another forum member when all she did was welcome you?

Your issue should not be with her, or any member here.

Your issue is with ShopLC.
5 x

Anya

Post by Anya » 4 years ago

I don’t understand why the prices go right back up after the presentation. It was not that way before. Other channels give you at least an hour or that day. I used to buy a lot of things that way. I guess it is make a split decision or forget it? Not cool.
4 x