This is CRAZY warehouse sale - unbelievable

CC

Re: This is CRAZY warehouse sale - unbelievable

Post by CC » 4 years ago

A bracelet that has been on my wishlist FOREVER has had a price that ranged either $59.99 or $79.99 . It is now al! of a sudden $149.99. A ring that has been on wishlist forever at $104.99 is now something like $149.99 or $179.99. Clear out warehouse? NOT
3 x

Wiley1

Post by Wiley1 » 4 years ago

Adi & Dionne had an Iliana opal ring a few minutes ago that was@ FINAL clearance>no return for $599.99!!! Who in their right mind is going to pay that kind of $$ without the option of returning??? Absolutely Asinine!!!🙄🙄🙄
6 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Wiley1 wrote:
4 years ago
Adi & Dionne had an Iliana opal ring a few minutes ago that was@ FINAL clearance>no return for $599.99!!! Who in their right mind is going to pay that kind of $$ without the option of returning??? Absolutely Asinine!!!🙄🙄🙄
It's definitely ASININE! Which reflects on those in charge.

So the same description goes for them. You just have to shorten the word a bit...and add an S...

HEEEE HAWWWW!
4 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Neither does SLC, therein lies ONE problem.
Amen!!!
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
I was watching a few hours ago when Becky was hawking something and she said:

"Get this now. When the clearance ends, the prices will go up."

Um, no. Just no. Let me repeat, JUST NO.

A clearance sale does NOT raise prices. A clearance sale is to get rid of and move out stuff so you can bring in more and new stuff. I'm just so sick of this phoney baloney selling tactic SLC has been using. It's gotten so so so bad over the last few months. Do they honestly think they are doing themselves any favors or garnering loyalty???

JUST NO ! ! !
"Get this now. When the clearance ends, the prices will go up." <----Ridiculous!

That is proof that the "clearance is a GIMMICK" and in name only. It's insulting!
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Yep!

Gimmicks from Shop Le Cirque.

🎪
4 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Yep!

Gimmicks from Shop Le Cirque.

🎪
You crack me up, Cat ! ! !
3 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago

A clearance sale does NOT raise prices. A clearance sale is to get rid of and move out stuff so you can bring in more and new stuff. I'm just so sick of this phoney baloney selling tactic SLC has been using. It's gotten so so so bad over the last few months. Do they honestly think they are doing themselves any favors or garnering loyalty???

JUST NO ! ! !
RIGHT?!! Thank you for saying that because I was thinking the same thing as I watched this temporary clearance! Do they not know the actual definition of the word clearance?!! Although, history shows this is who they are. Back when they were The Jewelry Channel, they did a massive liquidation sale because they were supposed to be going out of business, then they dropped the bombshell news that they were staying in business but expanding to home goods and other items and renaming to Liquidation Channel. THAT was a true sale! That was back when most of their pieces were in gold and my mom and I scored some beautiful gold pieces at sterling silver prices we have now!
4 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago

JUST NO ! ! !
RIGHT?!! Thank you for saying that because I was thinking the same thing as I watched this temporary clearance! Do they not know the actual definition of the word clearance?!! Although, history shows this is who they are. Back when they were The Jewelry Channel, they did a massive liquidation sale because they were supposed to be going out of business, then they dropped the bombshell news that they were staying in business but expanding to home goods and other items and renaming to Liquidation Channel. THAT was a true sale! That was back when most of their pieces were in gold and my mom and I scored some beautiful gold pieces at sterling silver prices we have now!
YESSSSSSS Gemaholic (btw...love that name!) I was just pondering this “Clearance Conundrum” too! As everyone has said...if they TRULY wanted to clear these items from the vault the prices wouldn’t go back up as soon as that particular show was over! This means that the millions of us who shop online totally miss the clearance! Total insanity! I too was there during the “alleged” going out of business sale back in 2008 when everything was 10k and 14k gold and I too bought up everything I could get my paws on...then “poof”...guess what? We were only kidding....we’re just changing our name to the Liquidation Channel! But...I do understand this because it was smack dab at the beginning of that horrible recession and the price of gold skyrocketed so changing the business model to stay in business was a capital idea. Many others went out of business like GemsTV out of Reno where Katie, Craig, Karen etc came from! I loved GemsTV! Some of my favorite pieces came from them! And does anyone remember how they used to do excellent giveaways to one customer a month at GemsTV? I actually won a beautiful Rhodolite Garnet and Diamonds ring set in 14k gold! I still have it. All that being said...I did catch a bit of a few of the clearance shows and managed to grab a beautiful pair of earrings at an incredibly low price. But....I also saw a ring on one show go for $49 which was an excellent deal but I didn’t buy it in time before the price went back up...then I subsequently saw it on another show...with the same hosts even...and the price was $12 higher! This really has been a confusing “clearance” at best! Everyone changes prices all the time from Amazon to JTV to HSN to ShopHQ down to Walmart and everyone in between but at least they don’t have a 60 minute window for you to grab the lower price! Good grief! The solution? Just call it like it is...just another “Flash Sale”. Right? 🤷🏼‍♀️
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Looks like SLC has other plans then clearing their warehouse. It would make sense to put a huge coupon on the last day. THAT NEVER HAPPENED🤯30% wont clear the warehouse, or my wishlist. I was keeping an eye on 5 items to buy if they add at least a 40% coupon. While I kept an eye, the items all went up. Back to stock the 5 things went. Does that look like a company looking to sell out their inventory ?? They are up to something that doesn’t include clearing the warehouse. Tax writeoff ?? Bankruptcy ??
Well, after their one of many boring 24hr Shungite TELETHONS, we shall get a clue as to what is really going on.
All I know they lost a great selloff opportunity. Sooo many of us were waiting for the big coupon, which never came. Not that I think they care, but SLC lost a GREAT opportunity to make place for new merchandise.
7 x