This is CRAZY warehouse sale - unbelievable

Catticus

Re: This is CRAZY warehouse sale - unbelievable

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I agree! I was mortified for them one night recently. They were selling simulated gemstone earrings in gold tone. Raving about how inexpensive 2.99 was...

2.99 for ONE PAIR of costume jewelry earrings
2.99 for Shipping/Handling
Tax depending on your state.

The airtime cost them more than they made on the items they were selling.

Walmart has "costume jewelry" and yes I have purchased it. No shipping fees, no return hassles.

The poor host standing next to a man I have never seen before and whose name I do not know, was feigning shock when he lowered the price to $2.99.

Then the next item was a gemstone set in sterling silver item that last year would have sold for about $39.99 to $49.99...

They were selling it at over $150.00!

I was cringing so much I had to change the channel.
4 x

Catticus

It's DEFINITELY NOT A WAREHOUSE CLEARANCE OR SALE.

THEY. RAISED. THE. PRICES.

Clearance/Sale + Higher Prices =

OXYMORON!
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
It's DEFINITELY NOT A WAREHOUSE CLEARANCE OR SALE.

THEY. RAISED. THE. PRICES.

Clearance/Sale + Higher Prices =

OXYMORON!
I.......

Uhh......

Nah.......

Too easy....🤣
5 x

Catticus

😂🤣😆🤣😂😅😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣
4 x

Catticus

I'm surprised it allowed the last part of that last word!

But...well...er...YEAH! YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN?
5 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

I was watching a few hours ago when Becky was hawking something and she said:

"Get this now. When the clearance ends, the prices will go up."

Um, no. Just no. Let me repeat, JUST NO.

A clearance sale does NOT raise prices. A clearance sale is to get rid of and move out stuff so you can bring in more and new stuff. I'm just so sick of this phoney baloney selling tactic SLC has been using. It's gotten so so so bad over the last few months. Do they honestly think they are doing themselves any favors or garnering loyalty???

JUST NO ! ! !
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Getting worse by the day. The coupons have dribbled down to Flash 20% yesterday. Today, ZERO coupon. I watch so many pieces I bought recently, presented with much higher prices, with no coupons. How do you clear out a warehouse with these lame tactics. Maybe they need all the leftovers as a tax write off. Nothing else makes sense. A knowledgable leader who REALLY wants to SELL OUT the leftovers, puts a 50% coupon, maybe even free shipping and gets the warehouses emptied in a couple days. Plus, gets alot of new customers. Thats a SMART Business move. What Amit is doing is pointing to him wanting very little sold, so perhaps get a tax write-off, or even Bankruptcy.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

As much as they are showing costume jewelry, it wouldnt surprise me if they are doing away with Under $10 Friday. Id be ok with Under $20 Friday if it meant less costume and more Sterling and genuine gems.
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

I feel so sorry for the viewers who haven't caught on that the word 'clearance' translates to scam with this company. Last night they were selling a larimar with tanzanite ring for $44 or 45.99 which I had received in the mail on Monday for a price of $19.59 with the coupon. This is a shameful selling tactic and I don't think they can blame it on language issues. "Rock Bottom Price" my foot.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
I feel so sorry for the viewers who haven't caught on that the word 'clearance' translates to scam with this company. Last night they were selling a larimar with tanzanite ring for $44 or 45.99 which I had received in the mail on Monday for a price of $19.59 with the coupon. This is a shameful selling tactic and I don't think they can blame it on language issues. "Rock Bottom Price" my foot.
🤯 ❗ that's quite a price jump
I dont understand the constant rollercoaster pricing especially when these past few weeks was suppose to be the greatest clearance of all time 😳❓😳❓😳❓😳 sorry just dont get it
3 x