Where did you shop?

What-a-gem

Where did you shop?

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

How many years have you shopped with SLC?
Where did you mainly shop before you found them?
Where do you continue to shop?

Thought this might be fun/ plus I’m mosey :shock:
6 x

D-Flawless

Re: Where did you shop?

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

I’ve been with ShopLC since day #1....April 2007. My Mom died suddenly exactly one month later so I was up all night a lot after that and I watched a lot of TV to try to forget. At the time it was TJC and GemsTV that pulled me through. I was already an avid jewelry collector but my collection really grew exponentially after that point. For me jewelry has always been “wearable art”. It is a huge part of my personality and I love how happy it makes me to learn about new gems, find unique styles and see people’s reactions when I wear them! I just love all the colors and textures gems have to offer! Over the years I’ve purchased jewelry everywhere from having pieces custom made...like my 10 carat 4A Tanzanite and Diamonds ring to jewelry shows, and all the shopping channels...JTV, HSN etc and our huge Jewelry district here on Hill street in Los Angeles. Now I primarily buy from ShopLC because I can’t beat the deals and the styles and the overall quality for the buck! Like I’ve mentioned before...jewelry has been my hobby for 40 years and I have probably close to 1,400 rings, over 400 bracelets, 350 watches, and too many pendants, necklaces and earrings to count!
10 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 4 years ago

Mainly Ebay for 18 years. I bought things for pennies on the dollar. Really nice jewelry and some of it turned out to be real gold, diamonds and gemstones. Then I started to shop about 12 years ago JTV and ShopLC for about 10 years. ShopLC was my main place to buy. Now with all the convoluted changes and problems, not anymore, sad to say.
Last edited by mpompadour 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago
How many years have you shopped with SLC?
Where did you mainly shop before you found them?
Where do you continue to shop?

Thought this might be fun/ plus I’m mosey :shock:
Ive been with Shoplc for almost 13 years, 3 name changes and 3 presidents now. I used to shop with JTV and have been again lately for jewelry. Ive always shopped the Q and H networks for household and beauty. Shoplc has lost me on their sizing issues and I wont purchase during a clearance when its "All sales final". Some of JTVs hosts can be a little annoying at times but in my personal opinion, its not because they're unprofessional , its just personality or mannerisms.
Last edited by Gemsnob 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Oh, and pearls! Forgot about them. Bought 18" and opera length with accessories at local jewelry store. I have bought Honora pearls from the Q, and lots of pearl pieces from JTV. The home shopping purchases were for various free form necklaces and pieces. Have peacock black and blue Honora sets, have white freeform, and two different "dyed" mardi gras multi-color sets from JTV. Also have their natural multicolor Genesis pearls.
Pearls are one of my weaknesses. I love them in any shape, form or fashion and have collected them for decades. I have more than I could ever need or wear. Wait, did I say that?
7 x

What-a-gem

Oh wow, I’m so glad to read your posts about your jewelry collections. I can just hear the pride in your “voices” as you write. I’m surprised at how long some of you have been collecting, and how knowledgeable you are.
Like some of you, I started out collecting when I was a young (stay at home Mom), and QVC had just been on for a few yrs.
Up til then I hadn’t known any thing about gemstones, or that they could even be affordable to someone like me :roll:
(No one offered stretch pay back then)So, I started ordering kind of more affordable pieces back then. But like someone said here, back then mostly gold was offered. I think my first piece was a garnet. And I was thrilled.
I ordered a variety of other things too, and enjoyed my purchases.
Then I ordered from the other shopping channels as well, and I continue too, although not as much.LOL.
My husband and I have started “purging “ our STUFF, God knows I don’t need as much these days.
But, I will continue to keep my jewelry... saving that for my daughter and daughter in law, and nieces.
I really do need to organize that jewelry, and kind of take an inventory of it..so she doesn’t sell the gold stuff for 50 cents at a garage sale..which is one of my fears! :?
Oh, back to Shop LC, I came across them about 3 yrs ago, and life hasn’t been the same since.
Like Jewelry-O-Rama....little white envelopes coming pretty steadily, daily...I’m sure you all can relate :D
At first I observed, trying to think up all sorts of reasons as to why they couldn’t be legit..their prices were wayyy too low! (At least back then) Then I took a chance... you know the story.
Armoires full, jewelry boxes, shoe boxes omg, you know!
I think I like my ring collection best..nice to have different colored gems..mostly like transparent,sparkly gems.
Sometimes wish I had more places to go to,to wear them.
If I had to choose One colored gem that Is my favorite, I would choose Russian Chrome Diopside. That “green” is so stunning, clear, and sparkly :roll:
Wish I had been aware of LC years ago, when tanzanite was in abundance, and large and cheap... oh my, that would have been 👍 great..
Bring on more stories, love reading them.
7 x

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I started with HSN over 30 yrs. ago,then Qvc, then Evine then,JTV, I only recently found Shop LC when I had to get a new cable box about 1 1\2 yrs ago. I occasionally buy jewelry from HSN, but most of their designers like Nicky Butler and Victoria Weick are now on other shopping channels. I love the Colleen Lopez jewelry collection. QVC doesn't do much jewelry anymore and when they do the events the jewelry is pricey. I do buy Philosophy. I use to like the Or Paz jewelry line. Evine I use to buy from Chuck Clemency and Micheal Valatuti, but the prices are now way higher then what I was paying,so I don't buy anything from Evine except dresses. I like JTV 's jewelry but they don't hold your payment in reserve it always says your order is confirmed and then a few days later, I guess when it's ready to be shipped, I get an email saying the order did NOT go through. It was very aggravating so I stopped shopping with them until recently. I have to use a debit card in order for this not to happen. So if I really want it I will buy with a debit card.
6 x

What-a-gem

Kitty, l just bought a lapis ring with London blue topaz stones surrounding it last nite from HSN.
Couldn’t resist..was 50% off. Colleen was presenting it, I like her jewelry shows.
I used to buy from Chuck and Michael too, sometimes Paul.
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I shop at most of the shopping networks, I started here about 4 years ago and was mostly shopping just here the last couple of years but with the not so good changes the past few months I have found I am shopping more at other networks now, I have not been buying much here, I use to get packages in almost every day from shop lc, now it is every couple of weeks.
6 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

As the Jewelry World Turns
Season 1, episode 1
Location is current day South Carolina

John stares across the room at a beautiful
brunette just arriving for the charity ball.
Alexa stumbles through the archway and just
keeps herself from falling over a prominent
threshold. ‘Can’t take me anywhere,’ Alexa
mumbles to herself.
No one at the ball notices her stumble, stunned
as they are at Alexa’s vintage De La Renta
sparkling, sapphire blue gown. The crowd’s eyes
move from her gown to her heart shaped face
framed by her petite Van Cleef & Arpel diamond
chandelier earrings. Alexa wears no other jewelry
as her style was never fussy going back to her
rebellious teen years. Alexa looks up and locks
eyes with John. The chemistry between these two
strangers is felt by everyone in the room...
6 x