What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago
How about....Cheryl....sorry, couldn’t resist! Bad girl, bad girl.. :lol:
😳
2 x

William

Re: Where did you shop?

Post by William » 4 years ago

I Remember watching Cheryl on overnights on the Tennessee channel --- Indeed she DID sell a LOT of ----Tanzanite --- and in BIG pieces --- I could never buy any of those -- they were BIG but started at about 100 and most in the hundreds--- which was NOT a bad deal --- and today those have to be worth A LOT--- but out of my reach --- Cheryl for me is still recent to ShopLC --- I remember the Rooks --and Marva--on GEMS and Karen --- On Gems And ShopNBC --- and Shawn W. ---on ShopNBC--- I know the new Michelle from GSN---
4 x

William

Post by William » 4 years ago

AND --- Also --- the Rooks --- Nikki --- And Kim were ALL on the Tennessee channel --- And Stacey LEFT ShopLC ---went to Tennessee and then RETURNED to ShopLC --- Hope Everyone has a Great 2020!
3 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

How about the name-Shungetta?? Since they’re wild over shungite :lol: :lol: Please don’t throw stones at me, I couldn’t help myself 😂 Ginger
4 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
How about the name-Shungetta?? Since they’re wild over shungite :lol: :lol: Please don’t throw stones at me, I couldn’t help myself 😂 Ginger
😆🤖💖 ok so siri is out as well then.
Angelique would be good but then his name should change to Barnabas. I like Ava but then I feel his
name should become Frank. As kids we used make up
stories (and this may have come from tv shows we
watched) and we used John & Marsha a lot, with
heavy breathing thrown in for good measure.
Since this is pretty soapy should we go with Scarlett
and Rhett?
2 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Yup! Exactly what I was thinking when
I started writing. Those books were very
popular back then.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

William wrote:
4 years ago
AND --- Also --- the Rooks --- Nikki --- And Kim were ALL on the Tennessee channel --- And Stacey LEFT ShopLC ---went to Tennessee and then RETURNED to ShopLC --- Hope Everyone has a Great 2020!
William, you get around! Guess I do too since I remember everyone you mentioned from "back in the day"
Happy 2020 to you also!
5 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

I am a very late bloomer when it comes to jewelry. I think I had 1 silver ring that I wore throughout high school. Then of course I had to have the obligatory class ring. Which unfortunately is probably still sitting at the bottom of Storm Lake in Storm Lake Iowa. ( Long story involving a paddle boat and nude sunbathing on said paddle boat. ) All in the pursuit of having no tan lines. But, I did on occasion in my 20's make a stop at the jewelry store if something would happen to catch my eye as I walked past it. Of course, what was in the window was ALWAYS to rich for my bank account. I guess I thought that GOOD jewelry was not in the cards for me. Now mind you... my mother was a jewelry fanatic and I always teased her about her stash. I mean , really? I used to tell her " You only have 10 fingers, Why do you need X amount of rings?" You only have 1 neck. Why do you have 30 necklaces? And why in the world do you wear earrings? No one can see them. And why would you spend money on something that you can't even see." I got married at 24 and had the obligatory engagement and wedding ring set. Very seldom wore it. Felt restricting and it was always turning and pinching my other fingers. Skip ahead to my early 50's. I discovered the Tennessee station and started purchasing gemstones. ( Loved watching Cheryl and was educated mostly by her about gemstones) Why? I have no clue. I think the first gemstone that I bought was a beautiful really fancy schmancy cut purple Amethyst. Then they had a couple more different gemstones that I purchased that day as well. I was always trying to purchase gemstones that had different fancy cuts. Again, why. I obviously was not going to have any of them set into jewelry pieces. My mom used to watch HSN and QVC, and I remember that when I used to go visit and she was watching one of the jewelry shows, I cut the visit short and left. I just did not like sitting there watching someone present 1 piece of jewelry for 15 to 20 minutes. So somewhere in around 2007, I finally splurged for cable TV. At night when I came home from work J*V and I think Rocks TV or Gemporia ( it was both but I can't remember what the name of the station was first ) hubby was in bed and I spent time watching one channel or the other. The first ring I bought from them was a three stoned Tanzanite with diamond halos around each stone. It was around the first time that I had seen a Quad A Tanzanite at my local jeweler - but, Gemporia's was much, much cheaper. Divorced hubby. Spent more time watching HSN, QVC, Rocks ( Gemporia ). Got married to someone else, got satellite, found Shop LC in around 2011. Started purchasing from under $10 Friday shows. Occasionally would find something a little bit more expensive and introduced myself and my debit card to stretch pay. So here we are 2020, and I have over 250 rings, 60 bracelets and a couple of dozen necklaces..... and 2 pairs of earrings. Still can't justify buying something that I cannot see unless I look in a mirror. So ladies... the moral of my story is " Never Say Never. I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would become Ms. Got Rocks. And yes, I am now a jewelry snob. I still purchase from Shop LC. ( At least I did till a couple of months ago. ) I will no longer be shopping there till they get their sh*t back to the way it used to be. So anything I purchase from now on will probably be through J*V. I was looking something up earlier today and did NOT realize how much Bella they have. My goodness. I have enough real gemstones, that Bella will cure my itch and who knows, maybe I will purchase the good stuff if the price is right. Just in case anybody wondered.... I am 63 years old.
8 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Angelflutter

Thank you for letting us get to know you.

I am pretty new on this site and already I have visual and personality images in my head of the people who
post frequently on this forum.

I visualize RS as a medium to tall blonde statuesque lady. Grace Kelly comes to mind. Cultured but approachable and with such a big heart she sometimes has to hide it for self protection.

Gemsnob I see as physically similar to RS. Maybe a little bigger boned (NOT fat) but a little more athletic. More skeptical and streetwise but generous with those she trusts and curious about many various subjects.

Blossom I see as petite. Possibly light brown hair with an elfin look. Bubbly- dynamite in a small package Very down to earth and friendly A hoot to be around.

Gypsy I am still working on!

And these are all probably totally off

And yeah I am closer to 70 than 60 but most of the women in my family live to be in their late 90's so there is some zest left still. When I was a little kid we went to visit my great great aunt. she was over 100. When we drove up she was painting the outside of her house! The adults were always whispering about her many husbands. Being a kid I flat out asked her what was up with that and was she going to get married AGAIN. She said no. They (husbands) were too hard to train and about the time she got them trained they up and died on her. Kinda feel that way myself
6 x