Why? No Coupon today!

Kittycat

Why? No Coupon today!

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I can't find any coupon today and yesterday it was only 20%. This does not seem like a clearance. They are only trying to do get rid of high end and under $10. I do like these watches, wish they were under$100.
7 x

RS

Re: Why? No Coupon today!

Post by RS » 4 years ago

They are using the word “clearance” as a sales tactic and a way to “justify” no returns. Clearly if they are making sales many are fooled by it.
This is no clearance. We can shout this till we’re blue in the face. They read here, won’t change a thing.
You can’t take THAT to the bank.
Last edited by RS 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I can't buy a thing unless they offer a 25% or more coupon!
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

They just had a diamond bangle on for $199. I bought it a few weeks ago with a coupon for $132 and then it was returnable.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I buy when they present live all the time. But I am insulted that they expect me to believe this is clearance!!!

You insult me then expect me to buy more?

At LEAST offer more incentive ( coupon) or HEY!!!!! Better quality?
5 x

Kb

Post by Kb » 4 years ago

This is not a clearance, we all know this. They are taking items that were previously on clearance making them regular price, then doing a clearance . And to boot making it higher than it was. How you call this a massive clearance when you go back to higher price at the end of the day. Clearance stays a clearance.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Many retailers do this same thing, mark items up only to put them on “sale” or “clearance”.

The problem is when you have an online and t.v. presence the information on what items were previously is either STILL out there or still remembered by many of the viewers/customers.

So the tactic only serves to make the loyal customers upset.

Which to me proves that they are catering to new customers. Hoping the old ones will move on.

And when I say old...I don’t mean OLD.
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I expected these last 2 clearance days that SOMEONE in Management will be smart enough to put a 50% coupon. Thats if they want to empty the warehouse. MAYBE THEY DONT. They might have an ulterior motive to keep the leftovers. Maybe a HUGE Tax write off.
Remember — they have been collecting huge amount of tax from their customers since the mandatory tax was started earlier in the year. Now it’s time to PAY THE PIPER🥺 The States are looking for the tax money shoplc collected. Now if business was bad, thats a great tax write off, plus the 10 cents per sale to one for one is a great tax writeoff. All legal. The only reason Im thinking thats their scheme is because they are doing the opposite one does when they want to clear their warehouse. Why no coupon you ask ?? Well, maybe a coupon will ruin their motives.
On the other hand, if its just that no one has their thinking cap on, then maybe suggestions like ours might produce a FLASH coupon later in the day😆
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Oh I am expecting a Flash today,

25% would be my guess.

But, I am noticing price increases across the board so it won’t mean much.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I buy when they present live all the time. But I am insulted that they expect me to believe this is clearance!!!

You insult me then expect me to buy more?

At LEAST offer more incentive ( coupon) or HEY!!!!! Better quality?
I work from home but most of my time is devoted to caring for my 85 year old mother who has major health problems. So I can't watch live most of the day but I do rewind and watch/fast forward. It's useless to shop live right now (for me) anyway because of the "all sales are final" on the live presentations/clearance items. No way will I purchase no matter how low the price. Mama didn't raise no fool. :P
5 x