REMARKS FROM HOSTS ABOUT BUYERS...

Gemsnob

Re: REMARKS FROM HOSTS ABOUT BUYERS...

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

But accoustic dont explain why she made donkey sounds or the lewd remarks shes made on several occasions in the last couple of weeks. Maybe her rowdiness is just fun but something else entirely is going on with the inappropriate jokes.
4 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
But accoustic dont explain why she made donkey sounds or the lewd remarks shes made on several occasions in the last couple of weeks. Maybe her rowdiness is just fun but something else entirely is going on with the inappropriate jokes.
I never said acoustics accounts for bad behavior.
The behavior was addressed in the first part of my
response when I mentioned the rollercoaster
emotions. The poor acoustics & audio equipment
in their ‘studio’ was mentioned as a possible
explanation to the yelling & screaming most of
the hosts do
1 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
I have been thinking along these lines
as well. Emotions on a rollercoaster.
I’m not claiming anything or badmouthing
anyone. I’ve watched her for many years
and have never seen behavior like this
on air.
On another note, has anyone else noticed
that when we change channels to other
shopping networks that the acoustics are
much improved? I don’t think that what they
use as a studio was meant to be one. It can also
be the cheap audio equipment. I honestly don’t
believe the hosts can hear themselves properly
and this is a clue as to why some of them yell.
Others are just obnoxious but not all. I’m not
making excuses but wanted to share that there
might be more going on. Have a safe Friday everyone!
I used to work at a major studio and they owned a famous movie editorial website that also did podcasts and other filming. The space that was transformed into an actual studio where celebrities come to film and do recordings was just a regular office space, but you would never know because they spent A LOT of money on soundproofing the walls in the recording areas, getting proper lighting installed, and used top quality equipment. Many places that are now studios weren't originally built as studios. It's quite easy to transform a space to be a studio used for filming...They have enough money to invest in this. I agree the sound quality is AWFUL at SLC and often wondered why they don't upgrade. They certainly make enough money to upgrade their equipment!
4 x

Gemsnob

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
on air.
I used to work at a major studio and they owned a famous movie editorial website that also did podcasts and other filming. The space that was transformed into an actual studio where celebrities come to film and do recordings was just a regular office space, but you would never know because they spent A LOT of money on soundproofing the walls in the recording areas, getting proper lighting installed, and used top quality equipment. Many places that are now studios weren't originally built as studios. It's quite easy to transform a space to be a studio used for filming...They have enough money to invest in this. I agree the sound quality is AWFUL at SLC and often wondered why they don't upgrade. They certainly make enough money to upgrade their equipment!
Maybe they want to keep prices low? I dont see why they waste money having two people on at once. And the job title "Customer Savings Executive" is that a joke? What kind of made up job is that? Puhleeze.
6 x

Gemaholic

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
LMAO!!! I know this was probably meant to be a serious comment but I seriously cracked up at "But the acoustics don't explain why she makes donkey noises" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget on Sunday she was making dolphin noises now too. I wonder what animal she will impersonate next????
3 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
mavricktoo wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

Read the thread "I cant believe I heard that".
Thank you. I read that one & thought this thread referred to something said after Danielle said it would be addressed.

Was anyone watching a million years ago when ShopLC was either The Jewelry Channel or Liquidation Channel and Jessica said the f word live on TV? I assumed she didn't realize her microphone was on and she was complaining about whoever was supposed to be prepping the items she was showing. I recorded it to be sure I had really heard what I thought I heard (I did!), and then watched obsessively for hours/days to see if it would be addressed/apologized for on the channel. As far as I saw, it was never addressed on tv (I'm sure Jessica heard about it from the execs at the time!). I don't think there was a website or if there was, I wasn't on it at the time. Lolo was Loretta Poland at that time, I believe. Funny that there are still some of the same hosts around from those days, though many have left, and some come back.
I was around back then but I didnt hear that. I seriously doubt anything ever came of it unless the president then, Gerald Tempton, did something about it. It seem like there is no accountability between departments and its the tail wagging the dog.
Hello, I can confirm any on air incidents are addressed by the appropriate director. I was here when that incident occurred and it was addressed internally. And your right, that was a long time ago.
4 x

Gemaholic

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
on air.
Maybe they want to keep prices low? I dont see why they waste money having two people on at once. And the job title "Customer Savings Executive" is that a joke? What kind of made up job is that? Puhleeze.
RIGHT?! WHAT IS UP WITH THIS TWO PERSON HOST THING?!! I don't understand it! Personally, I hate it! They always end up talking over each other. It doesn't matter who is hosting together, they're all guilty of it! Why are some of them like Cheryl, Adi, Anika, and Michelle not listed on the Meet Our Hosts page or whatever it's called? This is so confusing to me!
4 x

Gemsnob

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago

RIGHT?! WHAT IS UP WITH THIS TWO PERSON HOST THING?!! I don't understand it! Personally, I hate it! They always end up talking over each other. It doesn't matter who is hosting together, they're all guilty of it! Why are some of them like Cheryl, Adi, Anika, and Michelle not listed on the Meet Our Hosts page or whatever it's called? This is so confusing to me!
I think technically, Cheryl and Adi arent hosts, they are management. Im not sure why the host page isnt updated though. Kim has been there awhile and her photo isnt up.
2 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

I think technically, Cheryl and Adi arent hosts, they are management. Im not sure why the host page isnt updated though. Kim has been there awhile and her photo isnt up.
Hello,

Cheryl is not management she is a host. Adi does have a management role however his job is centered around the show and products we sell. I did ask the E-commerce director about the host page. I will check back in. Because this was asked a couple of weeks ago.
6 x

Gemsnob

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago

Hello,

Cheryl is not management she is a host. Adi does have a management role however his job is centered around the show and products we sell. I did ask the E-commerce director about the host page. I will check back in. Because this was asked a couple of weeks ago.
Thats interesting. Dan was also a Customer Savings Executive but worked 6 days a week. Was he also considered a host? He acted as if he was management.
3 x