For those of you not in Texas, big bad weather system Friday night!

scoobydoo

For those of you not in Texas, big bad weather system Friday night!

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

Weathercasters started talking about the approaching storm last weekend and with each passing day, it gets bigger ... in terms of size, and looks like most of the entire state will be affected at some point. It now encompasses almost everything from San Antonio and Austin all the way north and east.

Other states will get a worse system than what Texas will get, but with straightline winds, possibility of tornados and hail, there might just be power outages ... wonder how it might affect Austin and SLC. (Then again, maybe it's a blessing in disguise to keep everyone from shelling out big bucks for non-existent product, hahahaha.)
6 x

honey

Re: For those of you not in Texas, big bad weather system Friday night!

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Weather is always a great subject, thanks for posting that
Scoobydoo. I'm in Western Pa and we have been having
great weather as far as no snow since November. This
week-end and most of next weeks forecast is 40' and 50's
by day. Still have the last of Jan and then Feb which
could turn brutal. I think that I will take a look on the
web and see if they know what's in store.

Maybe SLC can have a snow clearance not sale :lol: :lol:
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Well it's been raining here for the last 16 days straight. Nothing like winter in the Pacific Northwest. Now the prediction is for highs in the twenties for most of next week.. with snow. Did I tell you all bout having to shovel out of my house (in waist high snow) with a garden trowel last year after being stuck with my OCD roommate for 5 days? I'll save that story for later. Watch out Blossom!
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
Weathercasters started talking about the approaching storm last weekend and with each passing day, it gets bigger ... in terms of size, and looks like most of the entire state will be affected at some point. It now encompasses almost everything from San Antonio and Austin all the way north and east.

Other states will get a worse system than what Texas will get, but with straightline winds, possibility of tornados and hail, there might just be power outages ... wonder how it might affect Austin and SLC. (Then again, maybe it's a blessing in disguise to keep everyone from shelling out big bucks for non-existent product, hahahaha.)
I have an Aunt in San Antonio!

Yes it's scattered rain right now (KY) & supposed to get 6"+ before all is said & done. Too much for my liking but so much better than shoveling snow! Ooops, probably jinxed myself. It's supposed to be a high of only 25 degrees this time next week...brrrrrrr!
2 x

Blossom

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Well it's been raining here for the last 16 days straight. Nothing like winter in the Pacific Northwest. Now the prediction is for highs in the twenties for most of next week.. with snow. Did I tell you all bout having to shovel out of my house (in waist high snow) with a garden trowel last year after being stuck with my OCD roommate for 5 days? I'll save that story for later. Watch out Blossom!
😮I started reading your post w/great anticipation then....ooooo you're good! Mystery to be continued. Can't wait!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
So mine sister...thoust hails from PNW as well?
2 x

JewelryQueen

Blossom
I know. How can you miss me when I won't go away?

DISCLAIMER: My roommate "M" has a heart of gold and literally helps little old ladies across the street. Course he's a little old man so there may be some ulterior motives there.

Let me introduce you to M. This man has a taco salad (8 oz of meat please) every Monday night since I've lived with him which is over 10 years. He has a double 1/4 lb hamburger with a large order of fries and a caramel sundae every Thursday night. Friday is steak (16 oz) night with a baked potato with sour cream and floating in butter and buttered green beans. Sunday breakfast is eggs with hashbrowns, sausage, and biscuits with country sausage gravy. These meals must be obtained at certain establishments at very specific times. Now what does this tell you besides he is a walking heart attack? This is Mr OCD! Don't know about you, but if I knew what I was eating every Monday night for the rest of my life: I would cut my own throat with a rusty knife. This OCD extends to every facet of his life. Monday night is Joker Poker, Wednesday night is Trustees meeting, Thursday is Costco, Saturday is AA meeting, and so on.

I moved to these parts because you don't have to shovel, scrape or otherwise dispose of rain. Then last winter... It begins to snow. And it snows and it snows and it snows some more. It snows so much we cannot get our door open. (Note here--as stated above there is something that MUST be done every day of the week).

The first day of being stranded I notice M is sweating profusely and his hands are shaking. The second day his eyes start darting furtively from side to side and he appears to be drooling.' Not too bad I tell myself, but hide the knives as a preventative measure. The third day he starts cracking his knuckles and breathing very heavily. Unless he is going to start playing the piano and breaking out in a Broadway tune I sense we are in trouble. The forth day he begins pulling his hair and running in circles like a hamster in a cage. I I start having visions of Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

I try to open the windows. Nope. Frozen shut. Now I'M sweating and my hands are shaking. To the back door! (It opens in) I open it to a waist high bank of snow. I will not be deterred. I cannot walk in this but perhaps I can tunnel to the neighbors and safety. What to use? I am a bit of a pack rat but even I have no shovels in the house. I try the plastic dustpan. Bends too much. Aha! I have a garden trowel in a closet. I must hurry while M is fitfully napping. He hasn't slept in two days. Come to think of it neither have I! Moving more swiftly than I thought possible I make my escape to the neighbors. The have a 4 wheel drive vehicle and it is parked under cover. They welcome me and tell me to sit down and rest as I am obviously distressed. BAM! BAM! BAM! on the door. It is M. "Can you get me a taco salad?" he asks.

I have lost track of time--but it apparently it must be Monday!
Last edited by JewelryQueen 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
6 x

JewelryQueen

RS

Tis true! Mercy fallest like the gentle rain.

No guess that is rain falling like the gentle rain
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
RS

Tis true! Mercy fallest like the gentle rain.

No guess that is rain falling like the gentle rain
Lucky have we been today huzzah! For no rain to hamper any and all deeds of mine burly roofer men.

Verily how THEY have made old shingles fall like the most unkind of hailstorm 😡
5 x

Blossom

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom
I know. How can you miss me when I won't go away?

DISCLAIMER: My roommate "M" has a heart of gold and literally helps little old ladies across the street. Course he's a little old man so there may be some ulterior motives there.

Let me introduce you to M. This man has a taco salad (8 oz of meat please) every Monday night since I've lived with him which is over 10 years. He has a double 1/4 lb hamburger with a large order of fries and a caramel sundae every Thursday night. Friday is steak (16 oz) night with a baked potato with sour cream and floating in butter and buttered green beans. Sunday breakfast is eggs with hashbrowns, sausage, and biscuits with country sausage gravy. These meals must be obtained at certain establishments at very specific times. Now what does this tell you besides he is a walking heart attack? This is Mr OCD! Don't know about you, but if I knew what I was eating every Monday night for the rest of my life: I would cut my own throat with a rusty knife. This OCD extends to every facet of his life. Monday night is Joker Poker, Wednesday night is Trustees meeting, Thursday is Costco, Saturday is AA meeting, and so on.

I moved to these parts because you don't have to shovel, scrape or otherwise dispose of rain. Then last winter... It begins to snow. And it snows and it snows and it snows some more. It snows so much we cannot get our door open. (Note here--as stated above there is something that MUST be done every day of the week).

The first day of being stranded I notice M is sweating profusely and his hands are shaking. The second day his eyes start darting furtively from side to side and he appears to be drooling.' Not too bad I tell myself, but hide the knives as a preventative measure. The third day he starts cracking his knuckles and breathing very heavily. Unless he is going to start playing the piano and breaking out in a Broadway tune I sense we are in trouble. The forth day he begins pulling his hair and running in circles like a hamster in a cage. I I start having visions of Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

I try to open the windows. Nope. Frozen shut. Now I'M sweating and my hands are shaking. To the back door! (It opens in) I open it to a waist high bank of snow. I will not be deterred. I cannot walk in this but perhaps I can tunnel to the neighbors and safety. What to use? I am a bit of a pack rat but even I have no shovels in the house. I try the plastic dustpan. Bends too much. Aha! I have a garden trowel in a closet. I must hurry while M is fitfully napping. He hasn't slept in two days. Come to think of it neither have I! Moving more swiftly than I thought possible I make my escape to the neighbors. The have a 4 wheel drive vehicle and it is parked under cover. They welcome me and tell me to sit down and rest as I am obviously distressed. BAM! BAM! BAM! on the door. It is M. "Can you get me a taco salad?" he asks.

I have lost track of time--but it apparently it must be Monday!
😂Omygosh! You have a marvelous way of building anticipation. You should add "Saint" to your resume if you ever need a new roommate! You have a gift with words & the forum is so fortunate that you share your priceless creativity.

You make me 😃
4 x