For those of you not in Texas, big bad weather system Friday night!

Blossom

Re: For those of you not in Texas, big bad weather system Friday night!

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
RS

Tis true! Mercy fallest like the gentle rain.

No guess that is rain falling like the gentle rain
Lucky have we been today huzzah! For no rain to hamper any and all deeds of mine burly roofer men.

Verily how THEY have made old shingles fall like the most unkind of hailstorm 😡
Hope your roofers are more diligent in picking up the inevitable nails they drop which....LOOK OUT BELOW! There's probably countless nails still in my yard close to the house from roofers who didn't care.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Glad you liked this one Blossom. I didn't have much time to "hone" it because I wanted to get one last to you in case the forum website crashed.
Yep these are true stories and I am sure I am no pleasure cruise to live with either! My bedroom looks like Aladin's cave with jewelry from floor to ceiling.

But guess what? It's starting to snow here. Better check where the trowel is....
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
RS

Tis true! Mercy fallest like the gentle rain.

No guess that is rain falling like the gentle rain
Lucky have we been today huzzah! For no rain to hamper any and all deeds of mine burly roofer men.

Verily how THEY have made old shingles fall like the most unkind of hailstorm 😡
Hope your roofers are more diligent in picking up the inevitable nails they drop which....LOOK OUT BELOW! There's probably countless nails still in my yard close to the house from roofers who didn't care.

Well, I’ve been feeding these guys from my outdoor kitchen. So taking taking care of them, freezing but able to keep an eye while not being obvious. But I did make it clear they were going to pick up after themselves.
I get, “Yes Miss, yes ma’am”
So, we shall see.
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Glad you liked this one Blossom. I didn't have much time to "hone" it because I wanted to get one last to you in case the forum website crashed.
Yep these are true stories and I am sure I am no pleasure cruise to live with either! My bedroom looks like Aladin's cave with jewelry from floor to ceiling.

But guess what? It's starting to snow here. Better check where the trowel is....
I don't think any of your life stories need improving! I might not be able to pick myself up from rolling on the floor if they got any better!

I love your stories & look forward to the next one!💞
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen

I hope you are taking screenshots of these wonderful posts.

This forum won't be around forever and I would HATE to see these posts go "POOF!"

JewelryQueen,

It's time for you to get your materials together and write a book.

It could be a book of posts such as the ones you have blessed us with, made into short stories.

PLEASE! The world DEFINITELY needs GOOD writers!

I cannot keep reading over and over the same books by the same authors!

Daphne DuMaurier, Harper Lee, Betty Smith, Margaret Mitchell, Shirley Jackson, Ardyth Kennelly, Laura Ingalls-Wilder, Beverly Cleary, Ruth M. Arthur, Charles Schulz, (yes, I STILL read many children's books), Maeve Binchy, Ruth Rendell, Morton Thompson, A.J. Cronin, Robert Traver, Charlotte Perkins-Gilman, Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Bram Stoker, Robert Louis Stevenson, CharlesDickens, Alice Caldwell Hegan Rice, H.G. Wells, Edgar Allan Poe, Joe McGinniss, Jack Olsen...and more...and more...and more...

You simply MUST take screenshots of everything you've posted, add them to anything and everything you've ever written, and turn them into BOOKS!

Readers NEED you! Believe me!

Pretty Please?!?

With sugar on it?!?
🍚

Is this a bowl of sugar? Well, it is now.
4 x

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I live in Ohio and we are suppose to get temps. In the 60' s tomorrow. It is near 50 today and has rained all day.Thank goodness it's not snow!
5 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Surely there are a lot of yous across the continent that live for
the snow. Not me, noway. We get a healthy dose of the four
seasons in Western PA, but I do not like the snowy roads or icy
glittery roads. Been there done that- 'Okay, I'm a wuss!" :lol:
5 x

JewelryQueen

Catticus

Thank you so much for your kind words! If you like my stuff and you're looking for a new author try Janet Evanovich. " One For The Money" and "Two For The Dough" are good to start with. We have a similar style and humor,

I have actually written rough drafts of two books but publishers don't seem to think there is a market for my stuff. I don't take rejection well so I haven't pursued it.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

You are more than talented mine sister!

I know what you mean though, being one’s best/worst critic!

Keep pursuing...the only failures in life are when we don’t try ❤️
1 x

JewelryQueen

RS

Thank you sister mine! I usually do not give up on anything as I am the most stubborn of Finlanders--but somehow writing just seems so personal. With all this encouragement I may have to give it another go or five.

Does RS stand for Redheaded Sweetie?
4 x