Commission or not?

Kittycat

Commission or not?

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

Yesterday I heard Cheryl say that they do Not work on commission. But somewhere I read here on the forum that the hosts do work commission. Is Cheryl lying again? On another another note, she was pretty calm yesterday.
1 x

Blossom

Re: Commission or not?

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Kittycat wrote:
4 years ago
Yesterday I heard Cheryl say that they do Not work on commission. But somewhere I read here on the forum that the hosts do work commission. Is Cheryl lying again? On another another note, she was pretty calm yesterday.
[/quote

That would explain why they try so hard to sell things. On the other hand, according to a former host's YT video, when an item picks up in sales during a presentation, the people behind the scenes tell the hosts (via microphone in ear) to keep doing & saying whatever...

They are afterall salespeople so maybe they do get commission. My thought is, they get paid an hourly wage.

Sorry, I don't have an accurate answer to your good question.
0 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

No....they definitely are NOT on commission! Cheryl was correct!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
No....they definitely are NOT on commission! Cheryl was correct!
I thought in the former host’s YT video she said they DID get commission.

I believe there are sales quotas for hosts as well.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

They have to meet certain sales quotas and that amount keeps getting raised. That was the case at least awhile back. It makes it high pressure. Im not sure if its that way at all networks. JTV hosts say they arent there to pressure you. Who really knows though.
1 x