If you pray, can I make a prayer request?

Gemsnob

Re: If you pray, can I make a prayer request?

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob, I have suffered with the same thing since I was 9 years old so I know how your daughter feels and I know how helpless my mom felt not being able to find anything that worked for me, I was put on different drugs over the years and they did not work and some just caused other issues due to the side effects of them. When I was 51 my neurologist put me on Gabapentin for nerve damage, I was talking to my primary care doctor about 6 months later and told him I did not know why but my anxiety and OCD was almost none existent and I could not understand why, he laughed and said it was due to the Gabapentin and that the reason is it is known as a duel drug, it can help more then one illness and one of the things it is used for is anxiety so I was killing two birds with one stone. It has changed my life and with no ill side effects and it is not addictive, it saved me from the every day fear that anxiety brings. I do not know what your daughter has tried but my story goes to show that there is something that could help so do not lose hope. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you Gem Lover. I will remember that. Any help is very much appreciated. ❤ Im sorry you had to go through all of that but so happy you feel better and have your life back.
2 x

lvgirl120583

Post by lvgirl120583 » 4 years ago

Prayers for your daughter and your family!
2 x

Gemsnob

lvgirl120583 wrote:
4 years ago
Prayers for your daughter and your family!
Thank you! ❤
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gemsnob,

I'm so sorry. I and my twin will be praying.

We have both suffered major anxiety and depression ever since we can remember. We have a genetic history of it. Some of our older relatives who suffered from it, weren't able to handle it.

But it's A LOT different now. It's more "accepted", or "understood." There are far more ways to treat it, there is less of a "stigma" sbout it, there are support groups. Even online ones.

Even though one who has not suffered it really cannot fathom exactly how it feels, as well as how it feels for family and friends watching loved ones "hurting" like this, most can now understand it, whereas years ago, not many understood.

Thst right there is a HUGE struggle that isn't as difficult as what it used to be.

Yes, MORE THAN YOU KNOW understand. Don't let the smiling faces in supermarkets and workplaces, churches, you name it, fool you. Some are ready to bolt out the door any second due to panic and anxiety.

Fortunately I had my twin, and our childhood friend was the same way.

It's a battle for me every single day right now, because mine is now also "situational." Without Christ, I would no longer be here. My sis and I are also the "creative types", and we also "feel" certain things VERY DEEPLY.

We will be praying. King Solomon suffered from depression. He was indeed correct when he said "There is nothing new under the sun."

I will be praying for your daughter, for you, and for your family.
🌺💞🌺

✨🌟🕊🙏🏻🕊🌟✨
3 x

William

Post by William » 4 years ago

I am so Sorry

Prayers for You, Your Daughter --And Your Family !
2 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Gemsnob, you and your lovely daughter will be in my prayers. I have struggled with major depression and anxiety for years, it’s different each day for me. I will be asking our church ⛪️ to send prayer requests for you and your daughter. Never think you’re alone, you can always talk to me. The struggles are real and we all need a friend to listen sometimes. I’m praying for you both. Ginger 💛
3 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

🙏🏻😇💖 for you and your daughter. Please know
you can come to the forum anytime day or night
and the forum warriors will be here to lend an ear
or share a kind word. We are here for each other.
Much love is coming your way
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Gemsnob

You and your daughter will be in my nightly prayers.

Don't forget to take care of yourself as well as your daughter.
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Gemsnob

You and your daughter will be in my nightly prayers.

Don't forget to take care of yourself as well as your daughter.
1 x

Gemsnob

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob,

I'm so sorry. I and my twin will be praying.

We have both suffered major anxiety and depression ever since we can remember. We have a genetic history of it. Some of our older relatives who suffered from it, weren't able to handle it.

But it's A LOT different now. It's more "accepted", or "understood." There are far more ways to treat it, there is less of a "stigma" sbout it, there are support groups. Even online ones.

Even though one who has not suffered it really cannot fathom exactly how it feels, as well as how it feels for family and friends watching loved ones "hurting" like this, most can now understand it, whereas years ago, not many understood.

Thst right there is a HUGE struggle that isn't as difficult as what it used to be.

Yes, MORE THAN YOU KNOW understand. Don't let the smiling faces in supermarkets and workplaces, churches, you name it, fool you. Some are ready to bolt out the door any second due to panic and anxiety.

Fortunately I had my twin, and our childhood friend was the same way.

It's a battle for me every single day right now, because mine is now also "situational." Without Christ, I would no longer be here. My sis and I are also the "creative types", and we also "feel" certain things VERY DEEPLY.

We will be praying. King Solomon suffered from depression. He was indeed correct when he said "There is nothing new under the sun."

I will be praying for your daughter, for you, and for your family.
🌺💞🌺

✨🌟🕊🙏🏻🕊🌟✨
Thank you so much for your kindness, understanding and prayers. It means the world to me. ❤
2 x