Poor quality, again!

RS

Poor quality, again!

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I still say that many of the auction items are returns, despite what I have been told. Many of them have been retagged, many have not.

Just now I received in the mail an amethyst ring I won at auction. I was excited to get this one until I opened it. While the ring overall is a very pretty design the workmanship is so bad! The stone is set wonky and uneven.

If I had KNOWN that this would be what I received I either would not have bid or not went over perhaps $5.00 and then look into getting it reset.

I know that SLC will not replace it and that I have to return it.
A: I should not have to.
B: I like the design but have to get it fixed if I want to keep it.

If I had seen this ring at the comp price they claim I would have laughed and walked away. The people the have setting stones need to SLOW DOWN and take more care with their work.

As an artist and designer I would never ever put out anything that wasn’t right. In this case, it’s not in the eye of the beholder but clearly poor workmanship. SMH

It’s decision time for me I suppose as I know sending back or keeping the sad ring are my only options.

Edited to add:
This was yesterday’s mail as it came later than usual. I have a pink sapphire ring coming today and I almost dread opening it.
4 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Poor quality, again!

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
I still say that many of the auction items are returns, despite what I have been told. Many of them have been retagged, many have not.

Just now I received in the mail an amethyst ring I won at auction. I was excited to get this one until I opened it. While the ring overall is a very pretty design the workmanship is so bad! The stone is set wonky and uneven.

If I had KNOWN that this would be what I received I either would not have bid or not went over perhaps $5.00 and then look into getting it reset.

I know that SLC will not replace it and that I have to return it.
A: I should not have to.
B: I like the design but have to get it fixed if I want to keep it.

If I had seen this ring at the comp price they claim I would have laughed and walked away. The people the have setting stones need to SLOW DOWN and take more care with their work.

As an artist and designer I would never ever put out anything that wasn’t right. In this case, it’s not in the eye of the beholder but clearly poor workmanship. SMH

It’s decision time for me I suppose as I know sending back or keeping the sad ring are my only options.

Edited to add:
This was yesterday’s mail as it came later than usual. I have a pink sapphire ring coming today and I almost dread opening it.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your message. We deeply apologize that an item you received was defective. We will certainly make sure that your feedback regarding the quality of the products you have received gets reviewed by our dedicated Voice of the Customer team. It will then be addressed to the teams responsible. In regards to returns, the reason why our policy requires a return for refund or replacement for most items, is so our returns team can examine the item and determine why the item is defective and bring these issues up to the manufacturers and vendors. This allows them to become aware of the issue, and prevent the causes of why some of these defect occur. We recommend to still return it if you would like a refund. We will go ahead and lock this thread due to the issue being addressed. Thank you so much for being a part of the Shop LC family!
0 x