Have you EVER....

Margui

Re: Have you EVER....

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

CJM wrote:
4 years ago
I read an article this morning about Australia; as of this week 10,000 camels are to be killed because they drink too much water and pass to much methane; all because climate change and they drink too much water. Blaming camels for drinking water during a drought!! The animal population has been destroyed by fires started by arsonist and they want to kill an animal because it drinks water and passes gas. Does anyone else see the hypocrisy of this? If you don’t believe me google!
What horrific decision. Animals were first on this planet. They should arrest the arsonists instead of blaming poor animals. These people stupidity is unlimited.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

CJM wrote:
4 years ago
I read an article this morning about Australia; as of this week 10,000 camels are to be killed because they drink too much water and pass to much methane; all because climate change and they drink too much water. Blaming camels for drinking water during a drought!! The animal population has been destroyed by fires started by arsonist and they want to kill an animal because it drinks water and passes gas. Does anyone else see the hypocrisy of this? If you don’t believe me google!
I have no idea the reasoning but Im not in their shoes either. I am sure the people making decisions are feeling desperate. As an animal lover myself I understand that it hurts when innocent creatures suffer. Im sure they dont have the option to transport thousands of camels elsewhere or they would. One thing I know is this, I wouldnt want people to choose camels over people if it were my family at risk. If losing camels means more water to save lives and fight fires then so be it. Yes, its terribly sad. If my house were burning and my daughters were inside as well as my two cats, I would save my daughters first. It would break my heart to lose my cats but my kids come first. Im sure thats how it is in Australia.
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Jtv is donating today 5% to the Australia disaster on every diamond or lab diamond or even just diamond accent we buy. Specifically to save the animals
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Jtv is donating today 5% to the Australia disaster on every diamond or lab diamond or even just diamond accent we buy. Specifically to save the animals
I bought on JTV two days ago and the deciding factor was that. I've contributed to a fund already but it made me want to do a little more so I bought. I think it's GREAT on JTV to do this. My esteem for JTV went way up.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Ladies I am here to tell you that parrots are the smartest and most loving and affectionate pet ever. Back in the day I trained exotic birds, or should I say I trained their owners, as a lot of them did not know squat about birds. Through this sideline I came to know "Jim". He had a double yellow fronted amazon parrot called Paco. Paco had a vocabulary of around 500 words or that of about a 5 yr old child. But what was amazing was he used them appropriately. He would say Hello when you came to his house. He would say Goodbye when you went to leave. If you just feigned leaving to trick him he would not say it. If you were having spaghetti for dinner- Can I have spaghetti? If he took a dislike to you upon meeting Paco would say Don't like you. He had a mini frizbee and would sit on his outside perch on the deck and throw it for the dog who would bring it back to him. They played for hours. He also went for motorcycle rides with Jim. He had the cutest little leather aviator helmet and would ride on the sissy bar. I asked Jim about this as I was afraid Paco would be blown off. His response was that these birds live in an environment in the tropics where there are fairly frequently winds of 50-70 miles an hour and they don't blow out of the trees, now do they! Paco had a fetish about cleaning my mascara off with his beak. He had some harsh words to say about my cleanliness while doing it. Dirty eye! Dirty eye! But I didn't mind as such grooming behavior is a sign of affection among birds. He also would "flash" me. (No ladies! Nothing to do with clothing!!) Bird can dialate and contract their pupils at will and it is a flirtation device. Paco had an inter- species crush on me and I was eventually banned from seeing him for at least six months as James wanted him to breed and Paco wasn't showing any mating behavior towards any of his potential sweeties. Only me. Should I have chosen him over my first husband? Dunno but a moot point now.
Thank you for sharing! My heart is fluttering for Paco! I loved reading every word about him! What an amazing animal! We are so blessed when we are able to interact with such a beautiful creature! I didn't know about "flash" ing? How cool! Did Paco ever breed?
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Yes Paco did find a mate and had some little ones. Jim had been a biologist with the Environmental Protection Agency and saved enough money to buy a large piece of property and began a bird "farm". He also was certified to be able to breed endangered species of birds. He obtained some rare miniature Macaws (which I did not know existed) but would not let me near them as apparently I exude some "come hither" behavior or pheromones or something (Paco was not my "first") and he really needed to breed these Macaws! He got a grant to go to Australia actually (OH MY GOD THE CAMELS-what a situation) to obtain some breeding stock from the wild and asked me to accompany him but family obligations made it impossible. One of the biggest disappointments of my life.
3 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
OK, glad for the update. Your parrot sobbing would haunt me all night.

I have been feeling heavy lately and I do attribute (among other things) the horrors happening in Australia to wildlife. I can barely read about it. #Praying
All of my animals are very sad and are needing comfort.
My sister’s cat was experiencing it as well. The same
night I went out to fill my suet feeder for the woodpeckers and even our local possum came up to
me. The animals are feeling the pain and anguish of
all the 1/2 billion animals that have burned to death.
I pray everyday for rain and for more people to reach
out to the animals with water and comfort. Emotionally,
the ones still alive are devastated
2 x