Have you EVER....

RS

Re: Have you EVER....

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Many people believe that anybody who has animals is putting human feelings on them. Animals have emotions, too.
Oh no doubt. They absolutely do. I have seen my dog cry. She got meningitis and was very very sick. She was at the vet hospital for almost two weeks. We would visit her twice a day. She was weak but when we showed up she would cry tears!
It cost almost $10,000 to save her and we know, by her everyday actions, she knows we helped her. She was so afraid when she was sick.
6 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Parrots are so smart. I have always wanted one. They have incredible memories and can relate words to emotions..I am actually subscribed to a few YouTube channels of owners of parrots and *. I think parrots are actually smarter than those. I just love animals. They're always showing us that they too have feelings. Cradling your little baby was the perfect thing to do. Ugh I seriously want one of those little guys!
Look up Caiques! Warning though...you will fall in LOVE!
Oh no...is it another tropical bird species? My dream home in the future is already jam packed with parrots, African Greys, and *!!!!(along with a fox, a hyena, and my doggies) My future house and future animals can't take more birds!........unless I expand...hmmmmmmm
4 x

Gemaholic

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Parrots are so smart. I have always wanted one. They have incredible memories and can relate words to emotions..I am actually subscribed to a few YouTube channels of owners of parrots and *. I think parrots are actually smarter than those. I just love animals. They're always showing us that they too have feelings. Cradling your little baby was the perfect thing to do. Ugh I seriously want one of those little guys!
Oh no...is it another tropical bird species? My dream home in the future is already jam packed with parrots, African Greys, and *!!!!(along with a fox, a hyena, and my doggies) My future house and future animals can't take more birds!........unless I expand...hmmmmmmm
LMAO apparently this tropical bird species is a bad word at SLC! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was trying to spell _atoos. I can't put the first part of the name again or I may get booted or something lol.

For the record SLC, the bird species I named is a real word and real species. It's not a cuss word.
8 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Yes! Caiques either have a black topped head or orange (those are called white bellied) Mine is an orange capped/white belly. They are from South America.
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
OK, glad for the update. Your parrot sobbing would haunt me all night.

I have been feeling heavy lately and I do attribute (among other things) the horrors happening in Australia to wildlife. I can barely read about it. #Praying
It's heartbreaking! Poor animals! First it was the Amazon Rainforest and now it's Australia. I have a friend living in that country. She told me it had been raining but not enough. Praying for that nation.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Gemaholic

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Ok this is so funny. I looked it up and I know what those are! At the Aquarium in Long Beach you can feed those beautiful babies and they land right on you! Now I need to find the picture of me with them all over me. I completely forgot about that until I looked up Caiques! They are seriously the cutest things ever!
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Ladies I am here to tell you that parrots are the smartest and most loving and affectionate pet ever. Back in the day I trained exotic birds, or should I say I trained their owners, as a lot of them did not know squat about birds. Through this sideline I came to know "Jim". He had a double yellow fronted amazon parrot called Paco. Paco had a vocabulary of around 500 words or that of about a 5 yr old child. But what was amazing was he used them appropriately. He would say Hello when you came to his house. He would say Goodbye when you went to leave. If you just feigned leaving to trick him he would not say it. If you were having spaghetti for dinner- Can I have spaghetti? If he took a dislike to you upon meeting Paco would say Don't like you. He had a mini frizbee and would sit on his outside perch on the deck and throw it for the dog who would bring it back to him. They played for hours. He also went for motorcycle rides with Jim. He had the cutest little leather aviator helmet and would ride on the sissy bar. I asked Jim about this as I was afraid Paco would be blown off. His response was that these birds live in an environment in the tropics where there are fairly frequently winds of 50-70 miles an hour and they don't blow out of the trees, now do they! Paco had a fetish about cleaning my mascara off with his beak. He had some harsh words to say about my cleanliness while doing it. Dirty eye! Dirty eye! But I didn't mind as such grooming behavior is a sign of affection among birds. He also would "flash" me. (No ladies! Nothing to do with clothing!!) Bird can dialate and contract their pupils at will and it is a flirtation device. Paco had an inter- species crush on me and I was eventually banned from seeing him for at least six months as James wanted him to breed and Paco wasn't showing any mating behavior towards any of his potential sweeties. Only me. Should I have chosen him over my first husband? Dunno but a moot point now.
6 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

I read an article this morning about Australia; as of this week 10,000 camels are to be killed because they drink too much water and pass to much methane; all because climate change and they drink too much water. Blaming camels for drinking water during a drought!! The animal population has been destroyed by fires started by arsonist and they want to kill an animal because it drinks water and passes gas. Does anyone else see the hypocrisy of this? If you don’t believe me google!
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Ok this is so funny. I looked it up and I know what those are! At the Aquarium in Long Beach you can feed those beautiful babies and they land right on you! Now I need to find the picture of me with them all over me. I completely forgot about that until I looked up Caiques! They are seriously the cutest things ever!
Are you sure those aren’t Lorikeets? We have a sanctuary here that has those. They fly all over you and you can feed them nectar from little cups.
I have never seen or heard of a place like that with Caiques!
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

CJM wrote:
4 years ago
I read an article this morning about Australia; as of this week 10,000 camels are to be killed because they drink too much water and pass to much methane; all because climate change and they drink too much water. Blaming camels for drinking water during a drought!! The animal population has been destroyed by fires started by arsonist and they want to kill an animal because it drinks water and passes gas. Does anyone else see the hypocrisy of this? If you don’t believe me google!
That is simply the most hideously cruel thing I have heard in a long time. Those poor camels 🥺
We are destroying this planet day by day and now the creatures who were here long before we were.
0 x