Does Anyone Return $9.99 Items?

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Does Anyone Return $9.99 Items?

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I just retrieved out of my mailbox a necklace I bought in a quick presentation for Indian Garnet Beads. I don't remember the hosts nor the presentation they gave that enticed me to buy - but these garnets are not translucent and could "almost" be seen as black. The smaller beads have better color but as it graduates to the one bigger bead in the center, it's not translucent at all.

I can't decide if "I'm" the idiot for buying this or if SLC presented it with great purple color. Whatever the case, does anyone return $9.99 items? I've not done it yet. I'm thinking of just throwing it in a drawer...but it's the principle? Are these beads supposed to be colorful? I know the return of $6.99 (+/-) would take forever....so would you return anything for $9.99 or just chalk it up to a dumb buy?

Also, a couple of beads look like they have been whacked and have white chips.
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Does Anyone Return $9.99 Items?

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I would call CS and tell them the beads are damaged. They should give you all your money back and free return shipping. Regardless, $9.99 or not, if I dont like it then I give it to the teenagers. They like things, we dont. To return it, will get me nothing back after 2 way shipping costs. That’s what shopping channels count on, knowing the cost and hassle of returning $9.99 things. I have to say that I bought 100’s if not 1000’s of $9.99 items. I actually found that they are better packed, and most times I find that I’m happy with them, versus the very expensive items, that get shipped to me with cloudy, highly included, or chipped stones( like the $999.00 Grandidierite which had white marks covering the green) since it said there were 4 left in stock, I asked CS if a quality control person can check out the 4 left to see if any didn’t have all these white marks. He told me they dont have a quality control person, so once again its POT LUCK. So I just returned it🤬
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I just retrieved out of my mailbox a necklace I bought in a quick presentation for Indian Garnet Beads. I don't remember the hosts nor the presentation they gave that enticed me to buy - but these garnets are not translucent and could "almost" be seen as black. The smaller beads have better color but as it graduates to the one bigger bead in the center, it's not translucent at all.

I can't decide if "I'm" the idiot for buying this or if SLC presented it with great purple color. Whatever the case, does anyone return $9.99 items? I've not done it yet. I'm thinking of just throwing it in a drawer...but it's the principle? Are these beads supposed to be colorful? I know the return of $6.99 (+/-) would take forever....so would you return anything for $9.99 or just chalk it up to a dumb buy?

Also, a couple of beads look like they have been whacked and have white chips.
I have several of the 9.99 items with loose stones, all are going back. They are defective so I will not pay for shipping. If I just didn’t end up liking it I don’t think I would. Although I normally like most of what I choose, the reasons for returns are defects or damage.
I think I purchased only a couple of things I didn’t like. My daughter loved them.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Thanks ya'll. It's about many little things wrong with it. The chips, which have white chalk like substance on it" and then the color and then the PINK string showing between the beads! LOL!!!! Aye. They shipped it in a hard cardboard sheet with it in between in a plastic bag. So it got damaged in shipping is my guess. A SHEET OF CARDBOARD! ayeee.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Thanks ya'll. It's about many little things wrong with it. The chips, which have white chalk like substance on it" and then the color and then the PINK string showing between the beads! LOL!!!! Aye. They shipped it in a hard cardboard sheet with it in between in a plastic bag. So it got damaged in shipping is my guess. A SHEET OF CARDBOARD! ayeee.
Yikes!
What item is this?
I also think each and every time we get something that is defective or poor quality we should post the item number.
4 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I purchased white moonstone earrings on clearance. They look beautiful and sparkly and I put that on my review . But I noticed on of the gems is cracked. Shipping them back will cause a delay. So, I will change the moonstones soon.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

RS wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Yikes!
What item is this?
I also think each and every time we get something that is defective or poor quality we should post the item number.
The item is 3107007. It was shipped in cardboard....hahaha! That's astounding and I wish I could post a picture.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Yikes!
What item is this?
The item is 3107007. It was shipped in cardboard....hahaha! That's astounding and I wish I could post a picture.
I got the item number from the invoice so I just looked it up - my beads are not as colorful as the one in the pictures and I don't see a pink string!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

4 years ago
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Yikes!
What item is this?
I got the item number from the invoice so I just looked it up - my beads are not as colorful as the one in the pictures and I don't see a pink string!

I remember those! They are not new. You can see the larger ones are very dark. But yours for sure are defective.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

I can't believe they are $19.99 now. Not worth that.
3 x